Fate/extra Ccc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChestnutBowl, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Peytral

Peytral New Member

Why is she so perfect?

2. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I've had two playthroughs, Saber and Archer. None with Caster, since I had two because of Rin and Rani.

3. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

I had three run-throughs of the Japanese version of F/E, and another three (well, two and three-quarters) with the Aksys release.

But so far, with CCC, I've only gotten partway into my first run-through. I'm not sure why I'm less motivated this time around. (It may be a mix of wanting to understand the dialogue better, and wanting to play it on my Vita rather than my PSP.)

4. akito666

akito666 New Member

I haven't played this game yet though I have it, the non-figurine version. I didn't like the prequel that much..

5. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I'm still disappointed. Not surprised, just disappointed. :( My gut feeling is this is going to end up being fan translated someday. Maybe. Hopefully.

6. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Hope for any unlocalized PSP game at this point.

7. Damien

Damien New Member

Well i hope somebody (anybody) brings this game over. F/E is my favorite PSP game hands down (and I have played plenty!), I really do hope this gets localized.

8. ChestnutBowl

ChestnutBowl New Member

Supposedly, there are no groups because people expect it to be localized. I only hope they're right.

9. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

Gilgamesh can be your Servant in this game. Either this gets localized or I learn Japanese, because I need this.

The first one was... decent. It wasn't bad, but I didn't love it either.

10. LongTimeNoSiege

LongTimeNoSiege New Member

The battle system was poop for regular fights but good for bosses. It's less about guessing and more about focusing your strategy on optimizing damage based on the worst possible outcome of the attacks/skills you use, and whether you can survive it. Anyway, while it's possible for enemies to one-shot you on your first run that only really happens with Caster, most other enemies are too weak and give you enough time to study their patterns even if you miss most of your attacks.

That said, I loved the first game and I really, REALLY would like to see CCC localized, since it has some crazy poop in it. Gilgamesh in particular seems hilarious, though all the Servants seem to have improved. Also, you can use Unlimited Blade Works while in Unlimited Blade Works. That alone makes the game worthwhile.

11. LongTimeNoSiege

Caster is unbelievably adorable. And hilarious. One of the best Servants in the franchise, really.

12. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Just wondering but what's the plot to F/E CCC?

Does Sakura eff up the story like in Heaven's Feel for Stay Night? :eek: If she does I want this game BAD!

13. LongTimeNoSiege

The whole plot is about Sakura and a bunch of Sakura clones and stuff.

Also, it apparently expands the lore of the Nasuverse A LOT.

14. SpaceDrake

SpaceDrake New Member

It is. This is part of the reason it's so good - it challenges your assumptions about social roles, about what's acceptable, about how you perceive and assume things about the world and people. And virtually none of it is "just" for fanservice - every bit of it is crucial.

It's also why I continue to believe the game is unexportable. Some posters might recall my previous discussion about editing and "censorship" in the Trails forum - well, CCC is a title with a whole raft of "problems" from a rating and sellability standpoint, but unlike the edit made to Fortune Summoners, it would be impossible to make any sort of real change to CCC without seriously compromising the artistic vision of the game, even if Nasu and the rest of the team were themselves willing to make such changes. I would never want to see any kind of change like that made to the game. As sad as it makes me to admit, this is just the sort of game that can't be exported - America in particular simply isn't ready to have a coherent discussion about this game.

If someone wants to try bringing the game over, more power to them, really, and I would dearly love to see it in English so more people can experience it - but whoever dares to try will face a withering, relentless barrage of criticism from people who would not understand what the game is trying to do.

For the record, I've played the game through to completion multiple times - the only content I don't have real experience with is some of the Saber and Gilgamesh-specific content. And yes, with a bit of help, I understood the game completely. It is absolutely my favorite game of the year and I don't mind admitting that. It is brilliant in every way and it is a triumph for Nasu and both the Type-Moon and Imageepoch teams.

And I just don't know if we'll ever see it outside of Japan.

15. Peytral

Peytral New Member

>CCC is 2deep4us

O-Okay... ;_;

16. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Considering all the articles about something as trivial as the sorceress character design in Dragon's Crown? Yeah, I'm not surprised SpaceDrake'd say this would be difficult to export in a different context. I continue to lament when a game comes along and does something different and it can't be experienced elsewhere, helping inadvertently to fuel the argument that all JRPGs are the same because they don't (or can't) push the envelope.

But that interests me all the more in a possible fan translation.

17. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Drake, could you go into details about what makes it so unexportable? I see you talking about it, but never going into them in detail.

18. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Looks like the ship has sailed. If the localization has more problems besides being a PSP game at this point, it won't come.

Saturday I had seen a very cool Saber miniature in a store, but its price was ultrageous :(

19. Damien

Damien New Member

I will die if I never get to play this, PERIOD!

20. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

You will die if you ever get to play this as well.