Fate/extra Ccc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChestnutBowl, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ChestnutBowl

ChestnutBowl New Member

[​IMG]

Since Marvelous is the publisher of the title in Japan, maybe they'll consider bringing this gem to the US.

Pls XSEED Pls

2. Cqef

Cqef Member

Well, Aksys was in charge of the first one, so if it has to be brought in the US, Aksys might want to continue to be in charge.

I've yet to finish the first one, but it's so bad gameplay-wise I quit (during Assassin+Julius part). It's really a shame, because otherwise it's quite good (but not good enough to counterbalance the really bad gameplay to keep me going).

3. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Insert SpaceDrake's post on how this game is unsettling and dark, even by japanese standards.

4. Savin877

Savin877 New Member

The first one was actually a real guilty pleasure of mine. As stated though, might want to talk to Aksys about this one.

5. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Why guilty pleasure? I adored the first game, to the point where it's right at the top along with Trails in the Sky and Corpse Party for me.

6. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Ah yes, I still need to play the prequel....dang it! >__<

7. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

i remember when that curry game was announced everyone hoping for this was disappoint

8. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

It goes to show you how good the prequel was I assume.

9. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I dunno about thattttttttttttttt but it was pretty good overall...other than the battle system. I'd still like to play the sequel

10. Cqef

Cqef Member

attack-guard-break = rock-paper-scissors = pure luck.

+

the first foes of one kind you meet have 90% to GAME OVER you.

+

once you fought enough of one kind you can do them in one single turn.

Bunch-of-crap.

11. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

It was the battle system that turned me off this game. Which is annoying because I enjoyed the original Fate/stay night visual novel so I was looking forward to what the story in the game would be. I got to the point where you had to fight the berserker and just gave up because the game was so hard.

I'd take what he's saying with a pinch of salt. Despite his success in the past I don't think he's always right. I don't get how he can make statements about localization of games when his experience is so shallow. Trails is his first AAA release as before he was confined to the indie/doujin market. Yeah I wouldn't trust him on this.

12. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Fate/Extra is the game I enjoyed the most on the PSP. It's not the best, or with the highest quality, but the time I had with the game, I hardly had that much fun with any other game. I feel heartbroken that Aksys went to publish three other PSP games after F/E, being all otome games, and not a single mention of CCC.

13. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

These threads are here only to ruin my mood because they make me remember games I would love to play, but never will :(

14. sorenman1

sorenman1 New Member

I enjoy the first one but the gameplay was kind of bad but not enough to put me off this series.

15. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If we do end up with an English version of this game, I'd lean more towards wanting to play it on my Vita via PSN. (One of the neat things about playing Persona 3 Portable on Vita is the ability to map various controls to the right analogue stick, which helps with dungeon navigation.)

16. sorenman1

sorenman1 New Member

Gotta love Saber

17. ChestnutBowl

ChestnutBowl New Member

That's very nice, Nerroth.

C'mon, Marvelous! XSEED!

I am going to be lazy and use your quote to describe exactly how I feel about F/E (as well as Aksys's decision). It is among my favorite PSP games.

I really enjoyed the battle system. The RPS nature of it seemed dumb at first, but I felt the same way toward Fire Emblem initially. Most battle systems are about targeting weakness anyway. More than that, though, the battles were fast and simple, meaning that grinding wasn't a chore, unlike... well, almost every other RPG I've played. The enemy patterns being revealed the more you fought them was also a tiny incentive.

18. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

Not to sound like i'm easily influenced but oooo Caster is a fox girl:

[​IMG]

19. Peytral

Peytral New Member

I don't see how that has anything to do with his statement about CCC being dark and unsettling (which, from what I can tell, he's completely right about. The game is pretty disturbing regarding some of the stuff it deals with.)

20. ChestnutBowl

ChestnutBowl New Member

The hardest part of the game for me was not repeatedly choosing Caster for multiple playthroughs.