Fate/EXTELLA is coming to the Switch in July

Discussion in 'Fate/EXTELLA' started by Battlechili, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

I always assumed this was due to the added cost compared to the actual handiness/amount of use, or for environmental reasons. Outside of core gamers, I don't know how the normal consumer thinks of them or if they're useful. I dunno, but I love them I don't want to see them gooooo.

2. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

3. ddd-kun

ddd-kun New Member

This was interesting to catch up on, and I'm glad to know I was entirely right in taking it to the doorstep of Marvelous (or at least their EU PR—close enough). This isn't an issue I'd take XSEED to task over with such clarification, but it's still an awful disposition.

The game hasn't even had it's shelf life and profit expectancy whittled down long enough to consider the likes of a GOTY edition (which, iirc, happen at least a year or so after initial release). It actually speaks some volumes of Marvelous Japan may not be in such a good shape, or was operating under a rather taxing deal to give their customers the short end of the stick, here.

And I don't want to mince matters—the type of content provided is utterly and entirely irrelevant. That is money changing hands, so by definition of tender traded, it's a valued transaction and a point to be discontent over if you purchased the product only for the merchant to offer a better, spiffier, shinier version mere moments after said sale. That's utterly bad for the customer base, no matter how you slice it. And if such short windows for turnover are standard in Japan, then I seriously have to wonder how their customer base hasn't rioted yet.

It's for that reason I haven't even sought out this game, despite it being on the shopping list. I'm really looking for Marvelous jp to offer some kind of compensation for Sony adopters at this point.

4. Sagadego

Sagadego Member

5. ddd-kun

ddd-kun New Member

Type-Moon just don't care no more. Just keep on printing money, I guess.

6. Cryrobinson

I have still yet to even get to my copy for PS4, maybe people liked it that much? I didn't see much opinion about it, had a couple close friends get it and drop it for exhaustion of muso-games reasons.

7. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

I mean, musou games aren't for everyone. You will be doing the same thing the majority of the time.

8. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

Depends of the musou, I can play Kingdom under fire, Ninety Nine Nights and Sengoku Basara for days but I can't stand the countless Dynasty Warrior clones that Omega Force release every year.
    Shame we're never ever going to get Kingdom under fire 2

9. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just want a bop a lot of dudes in the head stylishly.
    Destiny is basically the same thing for the most part with satisfyingly firing nice space guns, and that's pretty popular, because they got the feedback right. A lot of silent players of that game still! Good thing to zone out to is what I'd guess.

10. ddd-kun

ddd-kun New Member

It's far more likely that Marvelous was contracted for two (or more) games at the very start for a cheap pricing, so this sequel/followup was always on the table, even if not publicly revealed.

As for the burnout, I agree it really can depend on the content and the quality. Put Dynasty Warriors 5 or Samurai Warriors 2 in front of me and I will play both to 100% from scratch. But the other clones tend to get pecked at slowly. Even Senran I find myself surprisingly only able to take it on in small bursts (pun not intended). The amount of "emptiness" apparently prevalent in Extella, however, coupled with this most-recent turn of events threw me off of picking up the title.

That, and I'm genuinely exhausted of the Fate money machine.

11. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

The burnout is real, looking at you hyrule warriors legends also dynasty warriors next. And what do you mean by fate money machine?

12. Cryrobinson

Admittedly, this is the first Fate-related titled I've owned (never played Fate/Extra or visual novels) so I don't know the story much. :p

13. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

I think there's something to be said that I'm fairly sure there's not actually many people buying all the Warriors spin-offs, as that's not really their aim?
    Each one is definitely more aimed at fans of the series it's taking characters from I'd say.

14. Cryrobinson

I would agree. I preordered this before knowing exactly what it was, I must admit. I have a pretty good collection of XSEEDs titles, figured I'd continue the trend.

15. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

Honestly, get this version if you care about costumes or if you want to play on the go. In terms of performance, I can see the Switch version being on part with the PS4 version.

16. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

Any PS4 game that got a Vita port should run decently on the switch. Speaking of this title though, Preorders on Amazon, when? I want to throw money at this!

17. Calros

Calros Administrator

Preorders just went up on Amazon today!

18. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

Oh, my apologies. I'm Canadian so I meant Amazon.ca.

19. Sagadego

Sagadego Member

i wonder how the framerate is. portable and docked.

20. garion333

garion333 New Member

Sooooo, someone sell me on this title as a person who hasn't played, watched or read anything about Fate, but who enjoys musou titles, especially when they aren't yet another Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi game.

This thread has the most posts and it's mostly about DLC and "SJWs"... :)