Fate/EXTELLA is coming to the Switch in July

Discussion in 'Fate/EXTELLA' started by Battlechili, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Battlechili

Battlechili Member

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/fateextella-umbral-star-coming-switch
    I honestly didn't expect this. I thought Fate was a Sony owned series or something. This is kinda cool!

2. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

Déja Vu, game came out 3 months ago and now the 70$ worth of DLC are free.

3. Zurei

Zurei New Member

Have to say I'm really disappointed by this. Those who even bought the limited edition didn't get all the DLC costumes for free (which I did). This will actually actively discourage me in the future from buying limited editions and preorder-ing anything from Xseed. Way to screw over your fans guys.

4. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

You do know that XSEED only localizes games and has no control over what their parent company (or any company whose games they localize) does in terms of developing the games and determining things like what goes into DLC, right?

5. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

This along with NoA2 are definitely unexpecteding. So far so good on the 3rd party support. Now, hopefully these two games run rather good on the Switch in the end.

6. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

All I can bring myself to think/say on this topic is, "Ehhhhhhhhhhhh". Was a great game, don't get me wrong. I just want new games to throw my money at.

7. Renari

Renari New Member

It sucks that they're releasing exclusive content for the switch version. A huge slap in the face to the people that bought this already for PS4/Vita. Especially people like me that bought a lot of the DLC that is included in this version.

8. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Just to address the elephant in the room here: DLC pricing and availability is not up to us. Our intention here was not to "screw anyone over" -- we simply wanted to release the game on Switch, and this was just part of the deal.

Please do keep the feedback coming about this, as we pass it all along to Japan, and it definitely could influence decisions for future DLC pricing and availability. But as the old saying goes, don't shoot the messenger! We do the best we can with what we're given, and we are very, very sorry if any of you feel at all slighted by this announcement.

-Tom

9. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

I do not mean to imply that I question your integrity concerning this matter, or that you have any responsibility here; I just wanted to point out that I chuckled a bit, as this line in particular seems to be vintage Japanese company apology. Like, if this was a line directly from Marvelous Japan, that's exactly what it would be."Please understand" in short.

10. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Hoping this continues to do well for Marvelous, hoping for more future Switch titles from XSEED. Show love to all those consoles.

11. Renari

Renari New Member

Thanks, It's nice to hear an official reply on this. Quite a few people are upset, I'll collect a few of the responses here to help you pass on some feedback. Some of these are rather harsh responses.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  12. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

You should probably blur out the people's usernames in those

13. Renari

Renari New Member

Done.

SilentThisSide199x likes this.
  14. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

15. Leon Tekashi

It is rather ignorant for people to attack the localization companies in regards to DLC pricing when in the end, said localization companies have no control over the prices. It's sad to see really..

16. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

Do you see the shite that people will do in this industry? Company has to delay a game? Death threats! A critic doesn't like a game you like? DDoS their site! AND death threats! Company wants to diversity their cast and not just have white males? More death threats!

...If you couldn't tell, death threats are a common theme in an industry where the whole point should be to have fun. I just picked the first three examples that came to mind, but we could be here all day discussing harassment and other unpleasantness in the world of video games.

17. Renari

Renari New Member

People don't like to be treated unequally, it's as simple as that. If the JP devs are the ones that made this decision, then Marvelous/XSEED are who we are able to contact to have our voice heard.

18. Leon Tekashi

I get that, which is why all voices should be going towards the JP folks, not the localization folks.

19. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

The thing is, this release will have all the languages in all the versions, right?
    Therefore, sure the game only came out in English a few months ago, but it came out in Japan a lot longer ago, so it makes sense it's included for that reason.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  20. Battlechili

Battlechili Member

This game is coming out late on the Switch though, and the DLC initially wasn't all finished and thus likely wasn't included in the game since it wasn't complete originally. NOw all the DLC is made, and the Switch is getting the game late, so it works both as compensation and on the fact that they're actually able to include the DLC as part of the game now.

I've never understood people getting upset by late ports having free DLC; this game didn't come out at the same time as the initial release. People getting it on the Switch had to wait for the game. I would hope that DLC that's all finished is free in re-releases of games.