Ever 17: The Out Of Infinity (Multiple Platforms)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shizukari, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ACU_FK2Dzk​

Available platforms are PSP, 360, iOS, Android, PC, PS2 and Dreamcast.

2. Cqef

Cqef Member

I wouldn't be against a polished translation yep, cause Hirameki's job on the PC version sounded kind of off and was glitchy at that.

3. Voliko

Voliko New Member

I really love this game, it would be great if more people could play it. It is one of the games I would never dare sell. The PC version doesn't have the best translation but it is the only one available and there's a patch out there that fixes the errors at least. Good luck finding a copy that isn't hundreds of dollars though :(

4. akito666

akito666 New Member

Considering that there is already a PC version that is all-ages, I don't see the point of XSeed localizing it on PSP or XBox360. However, I do support localization and will buy the PSP physical version if localized. Otherwise, no buy from me. Sorry..

5. LongTimeNoSiege

LongTimeNoSiege New Member

I'd buy it. From what I've seen it's almost always mediocre VNs that get official localizations, it would be nice to see a good one get a treatment it deserves.

6. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I'd definitely buy it if XSEED localized it.

7. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

I should have bought this one for PC when I had the chance.

8. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Yeah, by the time it hit my radar a copy was asking for something like $170 (just checked, $360 for USED - o_O)...really is a shame. I think if anyone would localize it elsewhere, it'd probably be Aksys but eh, VNs are always a hard sell even when they're good. :(

9. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

XSEED could publish the PSP version DD-only, and the PC version on Steam, GOG, etc. One script, two platforms (maybe more, with iOS and Android), it's a win-win situation. Maybe 5pb will even port the game to the Vita in the future.

10. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I just looked for the prices of the original PC version released in 2006, and WHAT THE HELL? It's over nine thousand!

Not really, but they're extremely expensive. Really, if you don't trust me, hit Amazon or Ebay. This is also one of the few visual novels to carry a legacy throughout the years, something only a couple of visual novels managed, like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and 999. XSEED'd be crazy not to capitalize this lasting success with a new release, new localization and new platforms.

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Does anyone still own the IP in english though?

12. Cqef

Cqef Member

Hirameki withdrawn from visual novel publishing in 2008, and now they only do video game accessories. So they still exist at some point, but I can't say for certain if they still own the rights on Ever17.

13. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

In most cases, the ones that "own" the IP are the original japanese creators/developers, and they make a deal with an english company for a contract, maybe extending that contract after it's over. It's just an educated guess, but since Hirameki is no longer on this business, I believe it's back to the original developer.

14. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

I had no idea this existed until I looked up 999 and found out this was a game that the team worked on or something similar. Was really surprised that it already had a localisation considering visual novels rarely come out over here.
    Though shouldn't this be suggested to Aksys seeing as they've covered the Zero Escape games and other visual novel games before?

15. Cqef

Cqef Member

Problem is, their localization was borderline decent at most. Lots of typos and editing bugs such as glitches (things you can see in Bamco's Gagharv Trilogy, for instance). And the font they used was crap.
    Ever17 is definitely worthy of a whole new and polished translation. Aksys is indeed the best suited for the job since they worked on other two later games from scenario writer Kotaro Uchikoshi (999&VLR) whom was often consulted in the process.

16. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

While Aksys would be the ideal company for this, they've neglected highly-requested visual novels in the past, i.e. Umineko no Naku Koro ni. XSEED has established a relationship with 5pb/Mages, which means it'd be easier for XSEED to do this, specially since they've worked with visual novels in the past.

17. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I kind of doubt neglect has anything to do with it. While visual novels are niche even by niche standards in the West, in the East the genre can do extremely well. Consequently, a visual novel that would be awesome to see localized might not be feasible to license because the license holders might want an insanely high amount of money upfront due to how well it performed in Japan. Add to that lots of text and, sadly, a lot of them are tough sells as far as localization go. I'd love to see Ever 17...just doubt it'll happen. :(

18. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

The Kamaitachi no Yoru series has sold over 2 million copies in Japan to date, and Aksys just published a localized iOS version of the game. If the japanese publisher is willing, I don't think nothing what you stated would stop XSEED.

19. akito666

akito666 New Member

I got the game in 2006 or so.

I played it for many hours, got the near the end.

Due to messing around with software updates of a variety, trying to tweak my laptop performances, I ended up getting BSOD.

I had to restore to factory settings, didn't backup my saves.

And so, I haven't touched the game in years.

20. Cqef

Cqef Member

You mean you have a physical copy of Ever17 ???
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaan I'm jelly!