Edf Release Dates - 8 December 2015

Discussion in 'Earth Defense Force Series' started by Augen76, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair is scheduled to release on December 8, 2015 on PlayStation 4. Based on Earth Defense Force 2025, Shadow of New Despair promises a steady 60fps frame rate and 1080p resolution, as well as new and rearranged game content.

Earth Defense Force 4.1 - EDF Deploys Blooper Trailer
    00:56

The long-running EDF series features small teams of weapon-wielding humans battling hordes of alien insect and kaiju invaders. IGN’s Brian Albert reviewed the original EDF 2025 in 2014, praising its cooperative and class-based actiongameplay and constant rewards for progress, but noting its significant technical and frame rate issues.

[​IMG]

In addition to EDF 4.1, publisher XSEED will also release Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space for PlayStation Vita on December 8. This marks the first time the PlayStation 2 original EDF 2 will become available in the United States.

[​IMG]

IGN played a preview build of Earth Defense Force 4.1 a while back and the improved frame rate made an encouraging impression. EDF 4.1 will debut at retail for $49.99 and EDF for Vita will debut at $29.99.

---------------------

Wow, snuck up on me! I wasn't expecting it so soon.

2. Afroervasti

Afroervasti New Member

Is there going to be an EU release too? If so, when?

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

We'll report on that when we can, rest assured.

-Tom

4. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

I was wondering if wasn't going to release in February or March like every other games.
    Will be picking EDF 2 and wait for EDF 4.1 to drop at 10$ or so since I'm still enjoying EDF 2025.

5. Wyrdwad

That's fair and all, but... like... you're going to be waiting a really long time, if not forever, as that's an 80% drop in its price. I don't think we've ever dropped a game's price THAT MUCH, save for Steam sales.

-Tom

6. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

That why I'm glad I'll be able to buy a used copy as I'm in canada here, PS4 games cost 10$ more here for no reason(so 60$), so it'll probably take even longer. Bought EDF2025 for 50.
    Not as bad as Odin's sphere 80$ though, now that's one I'm going to wait forever

7. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

As planned, just got EDF 2 and it's great. Loved the London swearing and save the queen stuff.
    Any reason why switching weapon is on Circle instead of Triangle? Usually shooters put that on Triangle so it's a bit weird.

8. Griever42605

Griever42605 New Member

Is there any hope of this also getting released for XBOX ONE or are we all just going to be sad pandas. I really love this game.

9. Wyrdwad

I wouldn't bet on it. No XBOne version exists, and considering the poor sales of the system in Japan, it's unlikely D3 would port it.

Sorry!

-Tom