Edf 4.1 Game Save Problems

Discussion in 'Earth Defense Force Series' started by Grundy, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Grundy

Grundy New Member

Last night I spent 3 hours weapon farming on Inferno and game did not save anything. This is an issue happening with multiple people. this is a game breaking issue. PLEASE FIX RIGHT AWAY!!!! This has happened a few times online. I get the "now saving" icon but game does not save. This is very disappointing.

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

We have been pushing to get this fixed, but even the devs are stumped as to why it's happening -- and if they can't figure out the cause, they can't come up with a solution.

There is a working theory, though: it may have something to do with your router, and the way your PS4 communicates with it. Even when playing single-player, the game still "checks in" with PSN, and apparently if you don't have port forwarding enabled, this connection sometimes doesn't quite handshake correctly.

One wouldn't think that would affect the game in any meaningful way, but there are people on discussion forums for EDF4 who claim that they were experiencing this issue previously, but aren't experiencing it at all after enabling port forwarding.

If you're able to do this in the meantime, I would suggest trying it, as it may be a reasonable stopgap solution to the problem. And of course, we'll continue working with the devs at D3 and Sandlot to figure out if there are any more reliable fixes to the problem we can implement.

Regardless, we are very sorry for the trouble.

-Tom

3. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

When in doubt, use the manual save system.
    Never had problems with it.
    I wonder if it's the same silly problem problem that ubisoft had with their 3 frame per second Tetris where the console tried to refresh the friend list and blocked everything until it did(Because Sony).

4. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

So, this is fixed now! And as a form of apology from us to you guys for having to deal with this for so long, we're offering the newly-released mission pack 2 DLC for free (as long as you grab it off of PSN sometime in the next two weeks).

I know it's not much, but hopefully, it helps heal the sting a little!

-Tom

5. Imphobia

Imphobia New Member

No sting here, It was a bit annoying but I know this kind of thing can happen. It was really cool it was patched so quickly despite the holidays being in the middle and you guys offering the DLC for free is just awesome.

6. NoLifeDGenerate

NoLifeDGenerate New Member

The issue might be fixed, but saving is insanely slow now. Are you guys still working on this?