Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow Of New Despair

Discussion in 'Earth Defense Force Series' started by Wyrdwad, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Just realized there's no topic for general discussion on this game yet! So I figured I'd make one, and also link to OpRainfall's podcast from our recent press event, since it begins with discussion of the game + an interview with XSEED's own Junpei about it:

http://operationrainfall.com/2015/10/16/total-control-ep-51-we-interview-xseed/

Feel free to link other news articles and such about the game as well, as they're discovered! And I'll do the same.

Also, discuss! Discussion is cool! ;)

-Tom

2. DaveYs

DaveYs New Member

Hello! I was wondering if the North American release date has ever been actually confirmed or announced, or are the retailer listings for 12/08 just placeholders? Like does it still look good for release by the end of the year? I'm super excited for this game but have waited patiently and and not imported it, yet. I love XSEED and appreciate all the hard work you guys do. The EDF 4.1 English gameplay I've seen looks and sounds really great, and in general I don't mind importing games like this. I'm kind of assuming DLC like the Bullet Girls tank, and some of the extra missions and other stuff will not be brought over. I really hope I'm wrong and we get, at least, all the other extra non-licensed DLC, like missions, etc., This game is really fantastic and fun. Anyways, this is my first actual post here on the forum. I've been a huge fan of XSEED's work for as long as I can remember and I think everyone here really appreciates the way you communicate with your fans and the gaming community as a whole, in general.

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

We have yet to announce a release date (that date is placeholder), but we're still pretty much on track for a 2015 release.

-Tom

4. DaveYs

DaveYs New Member

Thanks! I really appreciate the response. I know you guys are super busy and I can't wait for what's coming. Thanks for your time!