E3 2019

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, May 13, 2019.

1. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Mini games:

Combat:

I'm stunned. This stays so incredibly true to the original games its blowing my mind. I am in the camp would have been fine with Dreamcast graphics and game play, this gives it a major visual over haul with improvements to game play but still feels familiar. It feels so peaceful, have to remember its a martial arts story/game and there is tons of martial arts philosophy through out. I dont think this is going to be for everyone, like the original games and I think a few things in these videos need to be tweaked and refined, but its really plucking away the nostalgia strings. I need to see more.

2. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

They haven't really sold me on III. I get they may have wanted to keep it in line with the other two, but honestly, those games were charming in a way a B-movie is, like you appreciate how crap they are. But like, this got a good sized backing and I think they could have made it look/sound better. The other two weren't bad because of the style choices, they were victims of the times in both graphics (and poor localization/voice acting). This seems like it is trying to be too much like those to play on that nostalgic-feel, which feels like a missed opportunity to actually bring this series into the future.

Plus, all the BS Deep Silver is pulling with the EGS timed-exclusive nonsense is dumb and they really went behind the backs of their fans and that's just not cool. Had many friends back the game, who planned on buying a Steam copy and now that they have to wait, they're just saying screw it altogether.

3. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Shenmue III is looking pretty good. It's unfortunate that Lucky Hit is in...I'm gonna lose all my money...

Here's to hoping Deep Silver doesn't do something stupid involving my ps4 copy I selected. Can the people who backed for a Steam copy change it to EGS? It's all PC. Not quite the same as backing for a PS4 copy and then getting told its exclusive to Xbox for a year and you have to wait that long.

4. AnimeGamer183

All I really know for now is that the people on the shenmue forums who are in bed with Sega and Ys Net, know they are working on the problem, as apparently they seriously didnt think this would be an issue so hopefully something is updated soon.

Also there is a gamespot showing of Shenmue III today at 2pm PDT, so maybe we will hear something then.

https://www.gamespot.com/e3/schedule/

5. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

6. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Shoot, I might have to get PS VR. D:

7. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

By the way, whatever happened with that NISA stream on Tuesday? I never saw any news about it or anything, so I'm guessing nothing major.

8. AnimeGamer183

Disgaea 4 Complete is the game they streamed/announced.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Pretty much all the leaks were ttue, exceot the Metroid 4 gameplay and Switch Warioware ones.

Nintendo's felt more of a Direct that dated last year's announcements, with a sprinkle of a couple new things. I am sooooo happy (and surprised) that Collection of Mana is physical! Box art is amazing!

Some good stuff this year, but more the dating of last years' titles. Looking forward to more announcements from AX...

10. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Sakuna is on Treehouse right now.

Cryrobinson likes this.
  11. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Does Nintendo tend to announce things at AX?

12. AnimeGamer183

Probably not, but I am sure Nintendo Things are announced at AX.

Nintendo's E3 was down right mind blowing. and can I just say how happy I am for the Panzer Dragoon community?

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I feel like a lot of people missed the Panzer Dragoon announcement from months ago :x It was definately nice to see, though.

Some good news! Looks like PSO2 will prob be coming to PS4, Switch afterall!

14. AnimeGamer183

When did they originally announce Panzer Dragoon on switch?

And hh? Where did you hear about the PSO2 stuff?

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

16. DustyStarr

I thought the Panzer Remakes were always confirmed for the Switch? I was under that assumption at least. Actually seeing it was great though, it looks SO pretty! If Limited Run makes a physical edition with some great artwork I will buy that ship.

Also great news for PSO!

17. AnimeGamer183

PSO2 was one of the highlights for me, all the Sega nostalgia between PSO, Shenmue, and Panzer Dragoon!

18. DustyStarr

I would like to count Grandia in that too, since 2 was one of the few games I played on one of my many ill fated Dreamcasts.

19. AnimeGamer183

I still havent my original Dreamcast, it hasnt been turned on in a few years though but it worked the last time I fired it up. But yeah, thats right, then there is Grandia HD, sucks we wont be getting a physical copy on Switch now ugh... bummer.

20. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

So I've been looking into Cyberpunk 2077 since... yesterday. And I totes want it.

Hurry the fuck up, 4/20(20).