E3 2019

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, May 13, 2019.

1. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

I feel like it was just a month or two ago that E3 2018 happened... Weird how time flies by. Granted, I'm making this one a bit earlier than 2018 and 2017, but still.

Current timetable for press conferences:
    [​IMG]

What the hell is Kinda Funny and UploadVR? Besides something that might actually be funny and something I don't care about, respectively.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Sony's absence is the biggest weirdness for me. If they were doing a conference, I would have expected to see a showcase and/or trailer for Ghost of Tsushima, the PS5, and possibly Destiny 3. As is, though... I mean, we'll get hopefully some finished gameplay for FFVIIRe at the Squeenix conference, but other than that, unless Bethesda pulls a big surprise and actually has anything Elder Scrolls VI related to show, I expect nothing that interests me from the main conferences.

Maybe NISA will choose release a trailer with a release date for CS3 during the event ad well, but I never really kept track of which marketing events they tend to do announcements and stuff for.

3. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I just want Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion.

4. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Animal Crossing is my top wish, too, though I don't think they'll cover it heavily at E3. I'll be perfectly happy with just the announcement of the release date, and a new trailer...even a super short one, just to get a glimpse of the character/world graphics. If I get that, E3 is an automatic success for me this year.

Though I'd also like to see more of Astral Chain, and I'd like a release date for Neo Cab, too, as well as any word on what Monolith Soft is up to. I wouldn't mind if they drop a demo for Dragon Quest Builders 2, either. But those are just side issues, for me. I am hoping that there will finally be a reveal of something on the new Tales game in development, but that's more likely to happen at the Tales Festival, I think, which is only a few days after E3.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  5. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

6. DustyStarr

So thing is it is supposedly releasing this year. I either want an extensive look, or I would like it to be pushed back to 2020 (it really should be released in Spring/Summer anyways). Their silence has me worried a bit, so I just want to know it is going to be an awesome new game and not like New Leaf HD. I want them to take as much time as they need.

I hope Monolith is making Xenoblade X2... game has big potential.

7. AnimeGamer183

As an individual who has been playing Xenoblade 2 (finally... ;___; ) I am very interested in what Monolith has coming, There is a XB1 and XBX ports that are rumored. Of course XBX2 and XB3 but... lets go a little more spicy and say... Baten Kaitos 3 anyone? There is also another JRPG they are working on that is more fantasy style and I want to hear more about that. I am in the camp that believes Monolith has passed Square-Enix in terms of driving the JRPG genre into the future and making the highest quality JRPGs coming out, Level 5 is close behind them.

8. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I just don't think they'll show off Animal Crossing in depth at E3. They never have before, that I know of...it's just not the kind of game that shows off well in a situation like that. So I'll be happy with a release date announcement, or the announcement of an upcoming Animal Crossing Direct. I'm not worried, though. :) I have no reason to believe it won't be great. (Personally, I would actually prefer the game to come out in fall/early winter, as it helps me out with seasonal issues from the agonizing six month winter we have here.)

Uhf...yeah. I'm actually playing XCX right now, for the third time. Literally, lol...I can hear the NLA night theme at the moment. I absolutely love it (the game...not the NLA theme.) Much more than I did XC2, which I only liked.I would love an XCX 2. They left so much room for even a direct sequel, imo.

But whatever Monosoft is working on, I'm interested in seeing it, for sure.

EDIT: Unfortunately, the rumour about a port to Switch for XCX was something Monosoft stomped on pretty hard, saying it would be too expensive. :(

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  9. DustyStarr

I had big problems with XCX, but I much prefer it to XC2 (from what I have played of 2 at least, I need to get back to it sometime). I liked most of the characters in XCX (minus the two primary ones, Elma and Lin) and the world and mythos has some great potential... a slightly more focused game in that universe would be nice.

With Animal Crossing I am more just worried because the last console game was very uncreative, so I am hoping they are not doing that. I am also hoping there is not any significant pocket camp tie in.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I had extra days off that I need to take off within the month, so I went ahead and booked off June 10th, cause why not for E3? I still want to believe that Sony will show off something that day, but regardless might as well have fun watching streams all day. Hope the rumored Dino Crisis remake/sequel/something happens :x

I'll have to quietly watch Nintendo Direct the next day :x Personally, I'm open to whatever, but there's nothing really on my wishlist of what I want to see.

11. DustyStarr

If we get a RE2 Remake style Remake of Dino Crisis I might just die.

12. AnimeGamer183

From what I am hearing, Shenmue III will finally be properly unveiled at E3 this year! Crazy its been this long and we still havent really seen any extended game play of it, but that should be coming. I am hoping for some awesome surprises at E3, hopefully from Nintendo and Monolith, and maybe Square and some other heavy hitting titles. Also as far as Sony in the month of June, I think they will send shockwaves with a PS5 unveil and maybe some late PS4 lifecycle games? Lets also not forget about unveils of new Switch models which have been rumored for some time. Hopefully Atlus has some fun stuff to share as well, along with countless other devs I cant think of off the top of my head.

13. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

14. DustyStarr

Maybe some versions of the Joycons that do not die in 1-2 years tho, that would be nice...

15. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Wait, Joycons can do that?

16. DustyStarr

Joycon drift. it is a big problem and Nintendo has done nothing about it, not even official comment on it.

The Joycon uses a cheap aftermarket stick with the underside made of graphite, which can be worn away over time and make the sticks not function properly. Some seem to die faster than others. Every joycon stick, and the sticks on the pro controllers, have the eventuality of this happening. The only real fixes are replacing the sticks or replacing the joycons.

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting that they teased Battletoads last year. Will we see a trailer this year?

18. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Better joycons would be nice. I haven't had any problem with drift, but I have two sets of joycons and both of them seem to have issues with the battery in the left one...it depletes quite a bit faster than the right one.

19. AnimeGamer183

Oh yeah, I forgot about that announcement. Its supposed to be later on this year at the earliest now I think. I think the Switch could still have the most surprises in terms of games this E3 though.

20. DustyStarr

I hope they have some surprised, their release schedule for the first half of the year has been pretty barren, I think even more barren than the first half of 2018, unless we count SMM2 sneaking in at the end. The Switch had such a great first year but it has felt pretty light on big, impactful releases since then.