E3 2017!

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Ammy175, Jun 5, 2017.

1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

It kinda does, but I loved Infamous Second Son so that's part of why it excited me.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Yeah it was too short. But I liked what I saw.

I just hope that Monster Hunter game controls like a normal PS4 game and not like a Monster Hunter game.

3. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

You know, I can't be surprised that there's bad news with that game. I really want it to be good, but I can't believe that that'll be the case.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I just wanted a megaton or two in there. Crowd definitely wasn't impressed and also had the "oh... ok it's time to go" attitude. Just needed a couple more announcements to get the crowd going. Spider-Man was nice to see, but a bit TOO long.

Ammy175 likes this.
  5. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

No FF7, no RE2 Remake, no Shenmue 1&2 HD...if you had told me before today that Ubisoft would have a better show than Sony I'd have laughed at you...

Oh well, maybe next year.

6. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Ignore me.

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah I heard that Ubisoft was amazing and had Beyond Good and Evil 2 (for real this time!) It was going when I was watching the LRG stream.

8. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I was expecting to be disgusted with Mario+Rabbids. They completely changed my mind. And the BGE2 trailer was super cool.

9. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

AoE remaster might be the announcement of E3 for me. Will definitely pick they up when it hits Steam.

Wolfenstein sounds neat, haven't seen the trailer yet though. Metro Exodus too.

10. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Was pretty disappointed too. Spiderman was neat, but the fighting seemed a bit too slow from what I would expect from a Spiderman game (liked that it wasn't just a beat 'em up though, so I'll give Insomniac the benefit of the doubt that it'll turn out nice).

Like the Miles Morales reference at the end!

None of the other games excited me, except for SotC which looked awesome, but can only excite me so much since it's a remake. No gameplay for MvC:I is kind of worrisome since it comes out in September. Also, I like how they mentioned P5 at the beginning but showed no RPGs... except for Skyrim VR...

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Marvel vs Capcom has a demo up right now.... in every region of the world but NA, because I dunno -_-

12. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

And all it would have taken was a confirmation of DQ11 coming west.

13. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I don't pay attention to e3 beyond knowing what games they announce. not what content they have or whatever since those tend to be fake or full of pre rendered useless stuff.

But so far I feel the following:
    Monster hunter on a non portable/nintendo. Very yes! Bonus points for pc! I uhh.. kinda heard it was coming already though, still though I forgot and got yessded again!
    Heard 'prepare to dine' be referred to as 'weeb-souls'. Honestly, I WISH there was a 'weeb-souls'. Yeah sure it has some anime style art or something. But edgelord BDSM Gasmask shit is effing ugly, and even the 'cute' girl is hardly 'moe' with that god-awful Bane from Batman thing sucking her face off. Not impressed. Bear in mind this is a silly thing to dismiss an entire game for yeah, but like I said, I don't know much of the game other than the art style, and for a 'weeb' game, it's really not interesting to me at all so far.

Another thing is that many 'weeb'-bait games tend to be too easy, I would love a hard one for a change that's relatively higher budget. Alas they're all indie or low budget games like dungeon crawlers and the like.

Still more skyrim... seriously? ugh.

4k minecraft? FFS.

Pirates seem to be becomming the new Zombies, should be cool for a year or two, then we'll be begging for something else if it continues.

14. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

So is Monster Hunter World just the long-running Monster Hunter MMO finally coming West? (on the latest systems rather than just the existing PC)

15. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I feel like the last time Monster Hunter went multiplat was that....weird....Frontier G game...so I advise caution, lol.

16. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

Wasn't terribly impressed with Sony's showing either. I felt like I was watching last year's press conference again. I'm looking forward to Code Vein, and I guess I wouldn't mind an excuse to play SotC again.

Maybe Square will have some surprises for us later today?

17. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Monster Hunter for PS4 was a surprise! Agreed, hoping they iron out the controls a bit, my time with the series on 3DS was of mixed reception (and it just felt too slow at times) so I'm hoping they sped it up and got everything controlling smoother. There were some additions I didn't think looked very good, like hiding in leaves from small dinos. Like that sword was big enough to chop those chumps down with one swing. :p

18. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

I can feel it... here it comes, Mario Golf X Pangya!! *Crosses fingers*

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ok Nintendo time! Watching from my desk so can't comment until later :x

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Looks like Nintendo won E3! My only nitpick? The dubs for Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors sounded bad :/