E.X. Troopers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Battlechili, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Battlechili

Battlechili Member

Its been quite a few years since release and Capcom hasn't touched it, so maybe you guys could see about taking a crack at it?

E.X Troopers was a third person shooter spinoff of the Lost Planet series released on PS3 and 3DS several years ago. It had an almost comic book style to it in a lot of ways, particularly artistically. I suppose the artstyle could be compared to Jet Set Radio almost. Gameplay had similar taking command posts as you progress through levels just like the Lost Planet games, but your movement is more mobile and fast than in Lost Planet with a bit more emphasis on melee attacks. Also has the same enemy style as Lost Planet. I thought the game looked really fun, and at this point I don't see Capcom bringing it over. Here's some gameplay footage:

I'd love to see XSeed or SOME localization company bring it over. I realize the PS3 is losing steam in the West so it might not be too ideal, but the 3DS is still relevant so maybe there's still hope for bringing it over? Could always port the PS3 version to PS4 or maybe PC if at all possible too.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

PS3 is sadly pretty much out the door at this point. Barely any physical releases are made for it now, either. Also, wasn't this the one that hard-subbed all the dialog onto it?

3. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

See, it is Capcom's own game, yet they didn't care enough to localize it but will care enough to deny anyone else, guaranteed. It dates from their Legends 3 era of bad decisions and PR, and even has baked-in Japanese text which would be an enormous, costly hassle to work around for an English release. I'm damn pissed about this, but there's not gonna be an English version for a long time, if ever.

4. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

Yea, Capcom is terrible at everything they do, they only have 1 or 2 people that take good decisions and right now one of them is working on either DMC 5 or Dragon's dogma 2. (DD online never ever)
    I'd buy an Ex Trooper port on PS4 as it looks great but yea, Capcom, I don't think there's anything that could make them localize it.