Don't Know Whether To Say Goodbye Or...

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Trill1996Eric, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Okay, so I turned 18 recently in May and I feel I should just focus on reality now and leave the internet and stuff...

I don't know if I will or not, but I need to ask what everyone thinks. I'll be sad because I am friends with quite a few people on here, facebook, and other places.
    I mean, maybe i'm making a big deal but it's just sometimes I feel like the internet takes up too much time and I'm not sure what to do exactly sometimes...

Maybe it's just because of stress, or some other random thing but I can't take the internet anymore because it's getting too annoying and sometimes its sad when friends just disappear for no reason because of something happening, account being terminated, or other stuff.

*sigh* I don't know what to do. But if I do choose to say goodbye I'll let you all know.
    And if I don't get the chance, I'll say it now...

I love you all, my friends.

2. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Neptune brothers.

Also, just because you're 18 doesn't mean you have to leave. Sounds like it's stress, or you being fed up with the internet, personally.

3. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Neptune brothers for life!

I get that just beCAUSE I'm 18 I don't have to leave but it's just sometimes I feel like I'm not wanted. A lot of people snap at me for no reason, then block me, then just aaargh! It's ridiculous how immature people are! I literally make a joke or say "Hi" and it's like *BLOCKED8...
    I mean sure some of my jokes may not be the best and maybe a bit...stupid/weird but if someone points it out to me I'd appreciate it ya know?

I'm just fed up with it and stuff.

4. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I don't know you that well Trill, but you should do whatever you feel is in your best interest. If the Internet really is distracting you to where you can't get anything productive done, I would say to leave (or rather, try to find some way to limit to your time, since you don't have to disappear completely from what I gather) and I'm pretty sure that your friends here should understand. Also, just because you might leave now for the short term doesn't mean that you can't comeback later down the road and if your friends here truly are you friends, you'll still stay in contact during your vacation from the Internet.

I think that's all I can say about this for the moment since I don't you or your circumstances too well and I'm not the best at offering advice.

As for advice of how to stay off the Internet... try to set limits as to how long you should be online, but the most important part is that you stick by them. It's hard to not procrastinate on something and stay on the Internet instead, but the only way to fix that is by your own determination to change it.

Those people seem really mean... I don't want this to sound offensive in any way, but maybe stay away from them?

5. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

You're probably younger than a lot of people here, thinking you need to "focus on reality" and not browse forums or whatnot anymore even if you enjoy it is kind of silly.

But at the same time, if you think you're spending too much time on the Internet then taking a break wouldn't be a bad idea.

6. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I can say that I have nothing against you. :3 We just do not seem to post in the same topics often, or be active on the same boards these days... I liked talking with you back in the old forum though, and my PM box is always open in case you feel like chatting. :3

I do not think you need to leave the internet just because you are turning 18, if the net is eating up too much of hyour time then it probably would be a good idea to set limits, like Klaus said. That is something that I really want to do myself, but... don't... because I am still working on it. It is important to just stuck to your limits, like Klaus said. Perhaps take a break from the internet altogether, and just live your life for a while? or make a schedule of when you will be on, and just stick to that?

Either way, I do not think that anyone dislikes you and wants you gone. We are all cool here, as far as I know. :3 But if you need some time away, that might be healthy too.

Either way, whatever is best for you. :3

7. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Oh yeah, the people who are jerks to me I stay away from. Only thing is they kinda block me after I do something offensive...

Which, honestly, is usually me greeting them. I don't even...
    But yeah if someone snaps at me, I am like go to heck.

8. KlausRealta

Well, you're not likely to find those kinds of people here, Trill. That's one of the reasons that I'm actually on this forum (this being the only one that I'm a part of).

9. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

No no don't get me wrong.
    I'm NOT talking about ANYONE in this forum. I meant in general.
    Ever since I was on this forum (including the old one) I have been happy with everyone I know.
    I dunno. maybe I'll Just stay on here with you guys only, and take a break from facebook and other sites.

10. DustyStarr

That could be an idea, and I have done it before. Most other websites I have been too have gone to hell anyways...

11. KlausRealta

It's fine, I knew you were generalizing. I want to say that this place is an anomaly among forums, but I haven't seen many so I'm not certain.

I wish you luck in overcoming your stress or whatever ails you. As Dusty said, I'm pretty sure everyone would be willing to help you with your problems (that being said, considering I'm younger than you, I'm not sure how much help I can be).

Also, your signature could possibly be a spoiler, although I don't think anyone who reads that would think too much of it since you only use pronouns. I don't get why you're emoticon is smiling at that anyways... ;).

12. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

trileric_1996

13. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

bab lets take a hike and play hockey it aient gotta be bad

14. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Yeah just take a break from Facebook and stuff. Facebook is a pretty weird environment cause unlike most online sites the people on your friend list know you personally (at least this is normally the case). I feel like Facebook makes a lot of people act really fake.

15. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Yeah thanks ^^

Um and...Tom said the same thing but someone was like "Oh, it's not like theres any names" lol!
    And as to why it's like ":3" because...LOVE! XD

16. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

cheap trills

17. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

money for nothing

trills for free

18. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Okay, this creeped me out.
    Um, tbh I have 2 FB accounts. One for online friends and one for real life. mY real life one no one talks to me so whatevs!
    But the online one I have a lotta friends there and like...bleh.

19. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Stahp. Just staaaahpiiiit!

20. DustyStarr

That's the way you do it.