Dinosaur Resurrection (Pc / Falcom)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jdkluv, Oct 30, 2013.

1. jdkluv

jdkluv New Member

[​IMG]

Dinosaur Resurrection: We're good at CGI; couldn't hire voice-actors.

Will XSEED fulfill all our dungeon-crawling dark fantasy needs? Will Ash appear on a future XSEED Facebook banner? Only time will tell.

Gameplay video that shows off game mechanics and the battle system (produced and translated by that crazy Falcom fanboy Tom):

(Yes Veleskola, I'll use this thread to post your long-awaited unboxing.)

2. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

You're so thoughtful jdkluv!

Also, Tom, if this game is so good maybe you should localize it! So I can play it and see how awesome it is! :p

3. Leilee

Leilee New Member

Game looks like a freaking amazing dungeon crawler, I'd play it. :D

4. AweOfShe

AweOfShe New Member

I'm am still all for this suggestion. :D

5. Cqef

Cqef Member

Do want

6. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, XSEED! What the hell! Why aren't you localizing this RIGHT NOW?! ;)

...I-I mean... we'll look into it! Heheheh...

-Tom

7. flarecde

flarecde Member

I still just can't get over the distinct lack of large, angry lizards in a game called Dinosaur. :p

8. Cqef

Cqef Member

I heard from Tom on the former forums that there's no dinosaur in Dinosaur. It's just the name of the main bad guy.

9. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

He's lying actually. It's called Dinosaur because of how old the game mechanics are.

Oh snap!

I'm kidding of course.

10. jdkluv

jdkluv New Member

[​IMG]

BTW, how many pictures can I put per post? I'll probably post the unboxing today but I want to know that before I do something.

11. jdkluv

jdkluv New Member

Okay, after so many time, here's what everybody (well, Veleskola) wanted. jdkluv presents: Dinosaur Resurrection Limited Edition Unboxing -- aka DINOSAUR UNBOXING.

Unfortunately, I'll have to split the unboxing in two posts because I surpase the number of photos per post. I apologize for the inconvenience.

DINOSAUR UNBOXING PART 1/2

cue ambient music:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co4mvvs4gRs[/youtube]

The game comes in this really sexy box:

[​IMG]

Inside the box there's an small "container" with everything that this fabulous limited edition has to offer.

[​IMG]

First of all, Dinosaur Resurrection Original Soundtrack (aka Falcom's finest soundtrack to date. Haters gonna hate). The original 33 tracks revamped into a very efective score plus a super-high-quality arrange of the main theme. There's also some liner notes by Falcom Sound Team jdk that I'll LOVE to know what it says, but alas.

[​IMG]

Next one: Zwei!! Super Arrange Version, which contains 12 arranged tracks from the original Zwei!! game. Tom dislikes this album in favor to Zwei!! 2008 OST, but he loves Felghana's Super Arrange, so who's he to judge? lol. Me? Personally I love this album; it is one of my favorite SAV albums that Falcom has ever produced. It also has liner notes by the masterminds behind Falcom Sound Team jdk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The following one is the Dinosaur Complete FM Oscillator Version, which seems to be a remastered soundtrack of the original Dinosaur game for the PC-88, making use of higher fidelity FM synthesizers. IMO, some tracks (like the dungeon/action themes) are much easy to listen, but it loses part of humanity and atmosphere inherent to the storyline themes or the moodiness of the dungeon themes that made the original score so charming. Personally I'll rather take the FM-Towns soundtrack (the definitive version of the soundtrack IMO) instead of this, but whatever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neat disc case to protect your Dinosaur.

[​IMG]

Promotional stuff from Moonlight Destiny, an obscure chinese Action-RPG localized into Japanese and published in Japan by Falcom themselves.

[​IMG]

More promotional stuff, this time from Sora no Kiseki FC (aka Trails in the Sky) (Note that this game is from 2002 and FC was released in 2004). Got freaking Olivier "b!tch I'm fabulous" Lenheim and Scherazard, yay!

[​IMG]

12. jdkluv

jdkluv New Member

DINOSAUR UNBOXING PART 2/2

(more cue ambient music, because there's never enough Dinosaur Resurrection music)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ENBxGu_jU[/youtube]

Game manual (in black and white):

[​IMG]

The game comes with some special paper, where you can draw your own maps!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least, here's the Dinosaur Encyclopedia, a booklet that contains tons of info from the game like backstory details, chraracter descriptions, monster/items lists, etc. There's also some cool 90's Falcom artworks from the original Dinosaur too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some extra photos. The full Limited Edition:

[​IMG]

Size comparation with Felghana's LE, Brandish 3 and more stuff:

[​IMG]

And that's all for now. I'll more than happy to spare the Falcom love answering your questions/posting more pictures of this sweet LE.

13. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

You can't just snap a photo of a Brandish 3 box like that man. It's not fair. I want one too!
    I want that LE too. I'm too broke to try and track one down though.
    I tell you what does fascinate me though. That obscure Chinese action RPG. I've seen it advertised by Falcom before.

Sweet unboxing jdkluv.

14. LongTimeNoSiege

LongTimeNoSiege New Member

Interviews and forum posts from Tom have made me really want this game.

Oh sorry.

Ahem, DINOSAUR RESURRECTION ON STEAM WHEN!

15. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Falcom should go back to DRPGs. A brand new Vita DRPG would blow my mind.

16. Cqef

Cqef Member

17. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Tom, if you're reading this, can XSEED give some fan feedback over to Falcom?

18. Leilee

Leilee New Member

LOL we should totally do a Falcom fan box with writings and art and whatever we want that's fan related and send it over to Falcom in Japan.

19. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

We CAN... but I don't know how much of a difference it'll make. Falcom's doing pretty well with their current battle plan, it seems, so I doubt they'll change their strategy too readily.

I'd love to see more DRPGs from them myself, though. Both Dinosaur and Brandish are amazing. And the Zwei games, and Xanadu Next, which are also arguably DRPGs.

They do handle that genre amazingly well.

-Tom

20. LongTimeNoSiege

LongTimeNoSiege New Member

Saved with the ferocity of the fist of the north star.