Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Psv)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Takao, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Vita is doing well enough with 3rd party, as NO first party title will ever be made for it again. It's doing good on its own, and there's plenty of other Vita titles coming out. The option is there to get it as DD, but I'm getting it for PS4. A miracle we are getting it physically already, and I'm surprised EU is not at ALL.

2. novurdim

novurdim New Member

What worries is that it looks like everyone is going to get it for ps4 for all the wrong reasons and Bamco will use that to justify omitting vita-versions during the localizations AGAIN. Not to mention vita-only games like Ray Gigant that can't really be ported to ps4. Oh well, it's not like I expect Bamco to ever translate another vita-exclusive anyway.

3. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Unfortunately, it's a bit of a Catch-22 because while I'd certainly like to get the Vita version, the PS4 version is retail (a huge consideration for me) and will be a marginally improved port. That, unfortunately, is going to be a common reaction and will undoubtedly give Bamco the impression that the digital only release for Vita was the best option. I'd rather both releases have been physical but...it is what it is and I never would have imagined the game was going to be released here anyway since it's Bamco and the game was exclusive to Vita.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah it's not exactly a favorable situation anyways. Namco has been shying away from physical Vita stuff unless they KNOW it will sell for that title.

5. novurdim

novurdim New Member

I really wouldn't hold my breath for that one.

Looks like vita will be buried even inside its last stronghold after all. You don't quite get my worries though. Bamco has a history of not releasing vita-versions at all during the multiplat localizations. One or two flops and we'll get back to that bright past.

6. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Based on comparison screenshots at http://www.rpgsite.net/news/4416-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-coming-to-north-america-in-2016-on-ps4-and-psvita I'm confident the port will be improved. Not to the point of being a remake, but very rarely does better hardware make a worse port.

Oh, I understand your concern and am pretty disappointed about that being a big PSP and Vita fan, but that's hardly an issue limited to Bamco - most companies these days have just cut Vita out of the equation altogether. :(

7. novurdim

novurdim New Member

What I mean is that it's pretty much a straight-up port with a higher resolution, barely something worth taking into consideration that much since it's not like the game has had any serious technical hiccups to begin with and vita's version will look quite a lot better on the actual screen of the vita than on the stretched out screenshots.

I actually hear "bummed about vita but would never support it if ps4 is an option" a lot lately, maybe in the end west is just not really cut out for the portables.

8. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

9. kytos

kytos New Member

Day one buy on PS4 for me.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Pre-order is already waiting for me :) Hopefully I'll be free to play it when it releases!

11. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Game looks really nice I have to say I will get the Vita version even if its only digital release for it, but really I would like to know how they can assure its not going to sell on certain format? because other way its only like market study that might be wrong and if Bamco is not localizing their Vita games because of their digital only releases were not selling really well its like a spyral leading to no more Vita games localized, I hope they change their mind about this but guess its all about their numbers

12. asdronin

asdronin New Member

I read on many sites its officially going to be released in the west in 2016 but no confirmed Vita version, anyone got any news regarding this fact?

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Vita confirmed, but not physical. PS4 also comes with a ton of DLC when you pre-order it.

14. novurdim

novurdim New Member

That's the hilarious thing about their marketing: most people don't even know that it is coming to vita. And then they go and whine about sales on it.
    Bamco'll probably just throw those dlcs at those who buy a game during the first several weeks from psn, like they usually do with vita.

15. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Well its good to know its coming to Vita too, at least there is a positive side, however I wonder why they dont clearly announce what are they releasing and in what formats, I have seen Cyber Sleuth videos dubbed in Bamco channel and they dont even mention the format, or at least nowhere in those I watched, also would be cool if they could give a more accurate date for this game as I only saw some time in 2016, but hey as long as they are bringing it to the Vita then its all cool.

Regarding the dlcs I think its exactly as you said

16. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Cyber Sleuth is now out in North America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmXkpuiAas8

17. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

So...

Vita localization had cut content.

Both versions had terrible localizations.

Thanks, BAMCO.

18. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Is it initial release of SAO terrible level?

19. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Thankfully it's not that bad. Actually, the one screenshot I've seen that shows how bad the localization is is the only line of dialogue I've seen that's particularly egregious so far. But I am pretty early in the game... :p

20. Theswweet

Theswweet Active Member

Actually, the PS4 version had "cut content" as well - but it's not really cut, but rather they're just phasing the DLC in slowly.