Couple of random Zwei II questions

Discussion in 'Zwei Series' started by Arvelon, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Arvelon

Arvelon Active Member

I already completed the game and really liked (most of) it's style, flow and translation. Still, there's couple of questiones left.
    1. Are there bigger versions of achievement pictures? Because those are really funny ones.
    Actually, this goes for all late XSEED releases. Nice touch to localizations.
    2. What labyrinth levels give you, besides last arcanum and pet?
    3. Are there any new content in NG+?
    4. For getting hot springs achievement you also need to bring Odessa in, during first moon levels?
    5. Is it possible to get rank needed for achievement without platinum medals, but with all gold ones?

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

I'm not able to answer all of your questions quite as thoroughly as I'd like, since our Zwei:II expert is out for the holidays already. But let's see what the rest of us can address:

Yes, all of our achievement illustrations are hand-drawn at full-size, then shrunk down to fit the icon limitations. We've shared many of our full-sized achievement images for various games (including Zwei:II) on our Twitter in the past, and will likely continue to share more in the future -- but we can't just hand out the images without the express permission of the artists who drew them, as you might imagine, since these are contracted illustrations from people who don't officially work either here or at Falcom. So I'm afraid a stray image on Twitter here and there is about the best we can do.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the illustrations, though!

This one, we're going to have to get back to you on. We'll see if we can find the answer and post it here soon.

Quite a lot, yes! A new pet, a new weapon for Ragna, new outfits for Ragna and Alwen, and... I think some additional dungeon floors as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that (again, our Zwei:II expert would be able to say for sure, but he's out until 2018!).

I'm not sure what the time restriction is for the Odessa hot spring event, but yes, you must witness the hot spring events with Alwen, Odessa, and Subaru in order to get this achievement.

I'm not 100% sure, and will need to look into this a bit more carefully, but the general thought in the office is that no, you need all platinum medals. A tough task, but good luck! ;)

-Tom

Arvelon likes this.
  3. Wyrdwad

Looking up info on the labyrinth levels now, and it seems the big thing you can get from the labyrinth levels other than the last arcanum and one of the pets is... alternate outfits for Ragna and Alwen! Including the New Game+ ones. Both alternate outfits for both characters can be found in the labyrinths.

-Tom

4. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Regarding question 1, that's, odd, the contracts didn't stipulate XSEED owns the rights to the images? Cause that would be way more generous than what I would have expected out of any commercial commission.

5. Wyrdwad

That's pretty much how we roll. We don't always call ourselves "independent-minded" for nothing! ;) We more or less try to conduct business with third parties as an indie studio would.

-Tom