Corpse Party: Tortured Souls Licensed!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Terro, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Checking through Rightstuf and apparently the OVA series popped up today! Just announced yesterday too apparently so it's kind of out of nowhere! Sadly it doesn't contain Missing Footage though...

Pre-order listings:
    Blu ray: http://www.rightstufanime.com/Corpse-Party-OVA-Blu-ray
    DVD: http://www.rightstufanime.com/Corpse-Party-OVA-DVD

2. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

I'd be surprised if anybody bought it. It was terrible. I rather have the Diabolik Lovers More Blood anime licensed

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I thought it was a great adaptation, except for a few changes made. Too bad you didn't like it.

4. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

Just a reminder, Tortured Souls is now available. Yay!!
    After watching it, I'm happy-ish with it. Could have used a couple more episodes to flesh things out...
    ... kind of hate how they give the first kid's tongue back, then skip ahead to we gotta help Sachi.

5. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Any bonuses / OVA?

6. ShikouNagakura

I didn't like that ether, the one thing I hated about the OVA was how horrid the pacing was rushing things up the butt
    [font=Lucida Sans Unicode']Special Features: Clean Opening [/font]

7. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

Just the four episodes.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Missing Footage was not licensed, sadly. Single OVAs are always a coin toss if we get them or not :/

9. ShikouNagakura

The High School of the Dead OVA got licensed. And that was like 10 minutes long. Maybe if it did well enough they might consider it?

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

That show was also insanely popular when it came out. That's pretty much the only example of a single, VERY short anime getting it's own release.

11. ShikouNagakura

You got a point there. Mainly because of zombies and insane amount of fan service. >_>

Corpse Party did have fan service too but the 80 minute time frame is nothing compared to 2 minutes of HOTD lol