Corpse Party Live-Action Movie!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Terro, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

(News came out during the outage and just remembered about it.)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2015-03-02/corpse-party-horror-game-franchise-to-be-adapted-as-a-live-action-feature-film/.85447

Surprised they are doing this :p Actors look so old though, but of course the character models makes them all look super young, anyways :p

Will check out.

2. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Eh, I don't think the age of the actors is going to be that big of a deal. I still don't know how well this will translate into live action though, but that's regardless of who's playing what.

3. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

I think they look young enough to fit the characters. All of them are in their early 20s, after all. :D
    This looks pretty promising, hopefully it will turn out well. :rolleyes:

4. Luphie

Luphie New Member

Eh, at least the actors who play Satoshi and Ayumi have acting experience. What worries me the most is Rina Ikoma (Naomi's actress). Naomi is one of the most important characters in the game, so I hope Rina can perform decently at least. The acting of another AKB48's member, Anna Iriyama in Ao Oni movie was terrible, and I don't want the same thing happens again.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah I can see things like using idols to be actors as a problem. They do it often, but just because they can sing and perform, it does not automatically make them good actors :/

6. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

As long as they dont use cosplay and music from the games making it look like a fan made film like that other live action I will be happy to watch it.

7. Luphie

Luphie New Member

I just pray it will be something with decent quality / worth watching. Of course I'd love to be surprised if it exceeds my expectation.

Even if the movie turns out disappointing, I'm still excited for the soundtrack. I love Asami.

8. ShikouNagakura

You're better off with low expectations or else you'll end up hating every minute of it and nitpick it to death. I usually favor live actions because of realism, reasons why I prefer the Death Note films and the Future Diary live action series.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-17/live-action-corpse-party-film-on-location-photos-shown/.86055

Forgot to post an update with it, showing the actors in their school uniforms.

10. ShikouNagakura

Im already losing interest because they are using cosplay

11. Luphie

Luphie New Member

Why? They are Kisaragi students, so it makes sense for them wearing their uniforms? I'd be weirded out if they show up in carnival costumes.

Yes, I know. I'm not really a fan of live actions because only a few of them turns out good. Death Note live action actually disappointed me. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't impressive either. i haven't seen Mirai Nikki live action.

12. ShikouNagakura

Ok let me be more specific. I would like them to use realistic Japanese school uniforms not cosplay. How hard was that to understand?

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

C'mon with the rude remarks...

14. ShikouNagakura

Im sorry, I cant watch a live action if they use cosplay. The whole point of a live action is to put a realistic twist into a work not be a lazy copy with the costumes. I prefer original realistic outfits like majority of the live actions I've seen with the exception being the Sailor Moon live action series because it was targeted for children and having different colored hair made more sense after the transformation sequences. Maybe if they added a realistic touch to the uniforms but they did NOTHING to make that happen. Im not gonna look forward to this movie nor will I watch it.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ok then don't watch it, but saying "how hard was that to understand"? is an out of nowhere, mean-spirited remark.

16. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KiJ6xeuAKE

The trailer is looking good, definitely looking forward to tracking this down when it gets released on physical media. Reminds me that I need to track down the Zero / Fatal Frame movie tho.

17. ShikouNagakura

I bought the Japanese Fatal Frame movie when it came out so here you go. Japanese Audio and Japanese Subs only.
    DVD (Region 2 or use VLC Player)
    http://www.yesasia.c...-0-en/info.html
    BluRay (region free Blu Ray but the second disc is region 2 DVD so use VLC Player for that)
    http://www.yesasia.c...-0-en/info.html

18. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Cheers! I was hoping it would follow the trend of some japanese releases where they include an English subtitle track, but can't win them all. :) Also, never realized before that the US and Japan were on the same Blu-Ray region zone, which works for me since all my hardware tends to be US. :)

19. ShikouNagakura

You could always use the VLC Player for the second disc the Blu Ray edition comes with. VLC Player acts as a region free player.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-19/section23-adds-clamp-school-detectives-live-action-corpse-party/.102297

Licensed for blu ray and DVD! Will get.