Corpse Party Live Action Movie

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Kintoki, May 18, 2014.

1. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Apparently that live action trailer for Blood Drive is actually a trailer for a live action Corpse Party movie.......I'm not all that excited by the trailer, but for any of you who haven't seen it, here it is again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0c64cQ-XE

2. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Can't say I have high hopes for this. It has that really low budget Japanese horror film look to it. And frankly, I just don't think Corpse Party would translate all that well to live action even if it looked like a lot of money were invested into it.

3. akito666

akito666 New Member

I hate blood & gore and live-action just makes it worse!

4. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Yeah it really does look more like a low budget movie. I must admit that I was rather laughing instead of being shocked by fear lol. But in Japan are more low budged horror movies as here in the West so it's nothing special for them. Live-Action is IMO crap in all ways. I would rather prefer an CGI Movie. Just look how good the CGI Trailers from Blizzard, Sony, Sqare Enix etc. are. I think an full made CGI Movie for a Game is much better as an Live-Action Movie. But I doubt small companys have the budget for CGI Movies since it requires a lot of knowledge and money.

5. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

Yea it does look to have some poorly done special effects

Corpse Party would be better off with an anime or CG movie

The anime OVA that covered the events about what Sachiko did to those three kids from Heavenly Host was extremely creepy, the one with the missing eye, the missing tongue and the one missing half of his/her head... ugh, I'm never watching that again!

6. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Those poor special effects almost make me think that this isn't a real movie....

7. JapanFan85

JapanFan85 New Member

Yeah it looks absolutley awful. To get a Live action Corpse Party adaption right they have to be PERFECT in their implementation. This isn't anywhere close to the quality needed to pull it off.

8. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

I take it you haven't seen a lot of Japanese films, then? ;)

-Tom

9. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Oowwww do we have a expert here ? ^^

I must say japan has a lot of low budged movies but the stories aren't bad at all.
    And I love Japanese urban legends.
    Red room, Teke Teke, Kuchisake-onna and toire no Hanako-san to name some of them :3
    IMO the last one is bad irony for Seiko thehehehe X3

10. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

No, I have. I have a BA in Cinema Studies, specializing in Japanese film. I guess I just expected it to be better all round, hence why I said "almost" in my post.

11. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

This sets off some red flags for me which are cosplay (making it unrealistic), uses music from the games than original (composed) music, spoilers everywhere if you haven't played the first game at least, no guys at all, and weird editing. I didn't like the anime adaption very much so this may be a bit worse....

12. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

The Anime adaption was to rushed.
    It was good in a way but for those who haven't played the game
    might it have been not so good to keep up with the story.

Unfortunately most of the people are thinking that corpse party
    IS the anime and the game is based on it.

Ridiculous .... facepalm ...

13. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

^THIS

I totally agree. for the most part it felt like a film chopped up in 4 parts. In Japan they screened the OVA as a whole film which made more sense to do because I felt like I was watching a movie than a regular anime episode from start to finish.
    The part where Kizami killing Morishige and leading Yuka's death was the high point for me because I love Kizami (hes my fav) and Yuka and Morishige are my absolute most hated video game characters.

14. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Yeah Kizami is cool ....
    "as a villain" thehehe X3
    But no Imouto love ? ...... hahaha j/k
    and yeah Morishige is indescribable