Corpse Party: Blood Drive will release on Nintendo Switch and PC October 10th

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Ammy175, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Is this game more like Blood Covered or is it a visual novel or what?

3. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Closer to Blood Covered, but in many respects it's like it's own thing. Almost like a Silent Hill to the first game's Amnesia, if that makes sense.

4. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Interesting. Do you need to play Book of Shadows before it?

5. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's like a direct sequel to BoS. That's about the one thing I know about Blood Drive. :p

6. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's kinda weird. It's a direct sequel to one of the stories in Book of Shadows (which is itself essentially a compilation of short visual novels) - fittingly enough, the one called "Blood Drive" - but due to the whole conceit of Book of Shadows, where several of the stories are
    followups to one of the bad endings of the original game where Satoshi is sent back Groundhog Day style to the moment the class is sent to Heavenly Host Elementary at the beginning of the game,
    and the rest aside from the "Blood Drive" chapter are side-stories to the "canon" plot of the first game told from the perspectives of characters that don't get a lot of focus in Blood Covered, I don't think any of the other chapters of Book of Shadows are actually relevant to Blood Drive. (Not that you should skip Book of Shadows - it has some of its weak moments, but for the most part I tend to think it's Corpse Party at its creepiest and best written.)

Also, to make my previous comment make slightly more sense: on the scale of Adventure Horror to Survival Horror, the original Corpse Party is pretty firmly on the Adventure Horror side - maybe a one-and-a-half or a 2 if we call 1 pure Adventure Horror and 10 pure Survival Horror. Blood Drive is more of a 3 or three-and-a-half on the scale, with more "obstacles" (as opposed to the original which was pretty much entirely puzzles). Which... not gonna lie, I was not a fan of. I still haven't beaten the game, and I've had it since the Vita launch.

(Disclaimer: Many fans have apparently liked Blood Drive a lot, so consider my opinion far from definitive - just an observation from someone who really liked the first two games but generally isn't into survival horror games and was disappointed by the slight gameplay tweaks of the sequel, which honestly probably do make it better as an actual "game.")

7. avensis

avensis New Member

I haven't played Corpse Party in ages, especially Blood Drive.
    And now it's on the Switch too? That's awesome!

UC Browser SHAREit MX Player

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019