Corpse Party:blood Drive(Spring 2014)

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Its around the same as Blood Covered Repeated Fear sold, so its pretty much in line with the rest of the series saleswise, plus I heard that the limited edition did sell out.

Famitsu is, well...Famitsu.

As for the endings...I'mma keep my mouth shut. : |

2. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

The Limited Edition has indeed sold out.
    Anyway I'm still a bit disappointed about the sale.

And also here are the ratings for the Corpse Party games :

Ratings from Famitsu:
    • Corpse Party BloodCovered …Repeated Fear (PSP) = 7/7/7/7 (28/40).
    • Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (PSP) = 7/7/8/6 (28/40).
    • Corpse Party: BloodDrive (Vita) = 7/8/7/7 (29/40).
    Ratings from Denkgeki:
    • Corpse Party BloodCovered …Repeated Fear (PSP) = 80/80/70/60.
    • Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (PSP) = 80/80/75/60.
    • Corpse Party: BloodDrive (Vita) = Not rated yet.

3. Luphie

Luphie New Member

I think part of the low sales are because it is on a new system. Hopefully the sales will pick up.

4. JapanFan85

JapanFan85 New Member

New system? The Vita will be 3 years old this December in Japan. I didn't know that was 'new'.

5. Luphie

Luphie New Member

Considering the lifespan of PSP is 10 years, 3 years are still relatively new. Not everyone has a VIta yet.
    From what I've heard, 5pb even considers a PSP port for Blood Drive, which is saying something. PSP is still quite big in Japan.

6. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Why the hell would they do that? That sounds like a rather stupid move to me. I thought the PSP was dying in Japan. Didn't they stop manufacturing the consoles?

7. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Look at the life to date sales of the PSP in Japan. Then, look at the life to date sales of the Vita.

8. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

A system that's been out for about 9 and a half years, or a system that's been out for about 2 and a half years. Clearly the latter has a shot at having more sales! /sarcasm

Also, if the game is being ported to PSP because it has more sales than the Vita, then why release it on the Vita to begin with? Hell, why release any games on the Vita? Why release any new games on any new consoles? We should all still be playing our games on an NES.

And let's ignore the fact that not only are they porting the game to an older generation console, but to the PSP, which Vita owners can play games from. At least if the game came out on PSP first, and then was ported to Vita, that I could buy.

9. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I don't understand what you're getting so upset about....also, its only a rumor as far as I know. Chill.

10. darke1024

darke1024 New Member

I'm with the "PSP is dead, get over it" crowd; but last year PSP Tokuiden sold about 75% of the Vita version, and other titles that are cross generation seem to sell about the same. So if it's cheap enough to do a downres version for it to get, what, 7k sales?, it'll be worth it.

There's still a surprising number of titles being released PSP+Vita or PSP-only, usually galge's or otomege's, since they don't exactly stress the hardware much, I imagine they'll still be releasing VNs for it for another couple of years.

11. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I had wondered about this prerelease, but my suspicions have been confirmed. Those who haven't read Cemetery0 or played (or watched someone play) Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday will absolutely be missing out on some context/backstory for Blood Drive.

12. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Don't you just love how anger is the easiest emotion to convey on the internet?

13. Otase

Otase New Member

If Xseed release a physical copy, im buying the game again just to save space on my memory card lol
    the cartridge have enough space to contain both game and patch.

14. WassupDood

WassupDood New Member

So...anyone can fill me in about the game? Someone must've finished it already! How was it? Don't spoil me but obviously, how did the gameplay felt using 3D models? How long is it? Post-game or unlockables? :) Hope XSEED brings it (thanks for the physical release, I never miss one).

15. Luphie

Luphie New Member

The gameplay itself is okay. It's very long (Chapter 0 + 10 chapters + 8 ExChaps), and each chapter varies in length (can be really short or quite long, depending). Unlockables are trophies which you can get mostly by finishing each chapter and exchap, and some require you to play in certain way (no flashlight, no game over, etc. You just have to complete a chapter to clear the requirement so it's not that hard). The 3D models are either you like it or hate it. There was an art error in Naomi's 3D model (the eyepatch appeared in cutscene, but it was gone when you play as her. Hopefully the English release will fix it). I personally didn't have too many issues with them.

The problem was the loading time. It could take around 30 seconds, though they has released a patch to further reduce the time.

16. enigmaopoeia

enigmaopoeia New Member

Seeing as how XSEED Games didn't fix the mistake with Naho's sprite in Corpse Party that was present in the Japanese version in both the PC and PSP versions. For clarification: In Chapters 2 through 4, Naho has no glasses on. However in Chapter 5, she is suddenly wearing glasses. (There may be other graphical errors, but this one stood out the most to me at this moment.)

Unless 5pb. fixes this graphical error in their latest update, it may be unlikely that XSEED would fix this unless they explicitly state they want this corrected.

17. Otase

Otase New Member

About Blood Drive sales: main complaints in amazon.jp from customers were Loadings (Unity engine is to blame for in my view)
    and that 1gb patch too somehow made some people mad lol.

18. darke1024

darke1024 New Member

Unity's pretty much to blame for both. I'm pretty sure Mind=0 also used Unity as well since you can tell from the odd loading times and other oddness.

Anyway, unity bundles it's resources (textures/models/etc) into resource packs, so to 'patch', say a single image you'll often need to replace the entire file with all the relevant images for that area; which can be quite big. There are 'patcher' extensions to support binary diffs and the like, but they're only supported on Windows/Mac/Linux platforms from memory.

19. Nool

Nool New Member

Just discovered that Xseed registered this domain. It could be nothing they did register this one in 2012 and it's nearly 2015.

EDIT: it's likely that the corpseparty2 domain was meant for Book of Shadows, since both corseparty2.com and corpsepartybookofshadows.com were registered on the same day April 24, and Dead Patient was first revealed in Summer of 2012. .

20. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

I'm sure that's because they're going to localize the game. About Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient, they're probably waiting the game to be completely released before doing something.