Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Na) Out Oct 13...

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by MrBanballow, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Y'all need to hire me; I'm pretty damn good at finding typos. :p

2. Taedirk

Taedirk New Member

I'm only into the first chapter, but I'm kinda curious what's up with the load times.

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Not much we can really say, there. It was like that in the Japanese, and while we did try our best to get them improved upon for the English release, they're ultimately the same in our version as they were overseas.

We make no attempt to hide this -- it is what it is. We just hope you guys will agree that the game itself is good enough to look past its technical flaws.

-Tom

4. Dragnfly

Dragnfly New Member

I'm glad you explained this, actually. Recently being burned by two other localization companies that had loads of problems in the western release when the japanese version didn't, I naturally grabbed my torch and pitch fork with this. For a general rundown:
    -Story = I'm not very far yet but the huge amount of intreague is great. Also, dark as heck. I loved BoS and the first one so much.
    -Characters = Fantastic as usual.
    -Translation = With my limited knowledge (about 5% spoken, 0.001% written) it seems like they aren't taking a huge number of liberties but are making good choices.
    -Localization = Absolutely excellent it seems. Packaging-wise although I didn't look in the artbook for fear of spoilers that cover is brilliant. I do like the JP game case art better but it's not like this one is bad.
    -Voice = A little funky. Using my senheissers the direction of the audio in VN scenes seems revered sometimes and the volume sounds low. A character might be talking from the left position but I hear the voice strong on the right. But of course the voice actors themself are superb.
    -BGM = Excellent.
    -Visuals = The whole 3D thing is a bucket of worms I'm not gonna open here. I'd say that topic should have it's own... topic. But the backgrounds, CGs and new character art all look great.
    -Gameplay = It seems to have turned into Clock Tower when I wasn't looking. The chases in the first game were 1 part chase and one part puzzle, which made for a very interesting style. Here it's just your run of the mill RM horror game style chase scene... ironic that. Also I sure hope the Wrong Ends get better.
    -Performance = Some lag when just running around, especially with the flashlight on.
    -Oddities = Aiko's face lags by a few frames in one of the scenes. Ayumi still having her "shocked" expression makes it all that much funnier (I don't have capture tools so I swiped it from somebody's LP) http://i.imgur.com/9XE8Nj2.jpg?1 Often times VNs will put the face on a separate layer. I can't pause the Youtube video quickly enough but VN-making experience tells me they likely have the face layer on a different fade than the body layer).
    Although I got into a hiding spot the game hung for a bit, and then it resumed and the chaser ran on by. It didn't actually cue the "hide in closet" mechanic. X still let me get out, which resulted in a black screen for a second and then the chaser found me again right away. The hiding function worked normally this time.
    Game outright crashed when checking the NameTag section after my first death (I only have the one tag). Error report sent.
    Can sometimes open doors when not so close to them or when facing away from them. It still plays the door opening animation, which if you're facing away from the door looks like Ayumi's opening the door with a well-angled fart. Let people make fun of your small chest, Ayumi. It's better than them making fun of you for having a skill like that.
    Chaser AI us really hard to pin down. They generally chase you but sometimes seem to... hard to describe... chase you on the wrong axis if that makes any sense. Likely an issue with the 3D programming.

So long story short any problems I have with the game don't seem to be Xseed's fault. Good job, guys.

5. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Protip: we included a reversible slip-cover with the Japanese box-art on it for this exact reason. ;)

Glad to hear you're (mostly) enjoying the game, though! Sorry we couldn't improve the technical issues -- we did try! But the game just... is what it is, in the end.

-Tom

6. Dragnfly

Dragnfly New Member

Wait really?

*flips cover* aaaaaaaaah that's pretty cool.

*sits in his rocking chair and sips iced tea*

Feels like the day is better now.

7. KaminaGirl

KaminaGirl New Member

I LOOOOOOOOOVE the packaging. You guys did an awesome job. The box is so beepin SPARKLY!

[​IMG]
    I also love the semi 3D thingy on the box and cover of the art book. I can't stop touching it! (i'm such a kid)