Corpse Party: Blood Drive Announced!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Wyrdwad, May 29, 2015.

1. DrawTillDeath

DrawTillDeath New Member

Hi, does anybody knows if "amazon.co.uk" deliver in Italy too?
    I'm also having some issues on the store of "store.marvelousgames.com", I can't create an account and I also don't know if marvelousgames.store delivers in italy too.

I don't wanna miss the Everafter Edition so if anyone can help me thanks in advance.

2. IFu

IFu New Member

Best way to know this is to log into your amazon account on amazon.co.uk, and go to Blood Drive's product page (http://www.amazon.co...37579658&sr=8-1). Amazon should be able to tell you if it can be delivered in Italy. For me, it says "This item can be delivered to France - Mainland".

By the way, I asked Marvelous Europe about the Amazon.co.uk pre-order and here's their response.

So I think the safest option would be to preorder from Marvelous Europe's store.

3. Kashka

Kashka New Member

The game is not available anymore on amazon.it, .fr and .es, though it still is on .de for some reason.
    I ordered a copy from amazon.co.uk and amazon.fr because it was pretty cheap (47€). I'll be pissed if amazon cancels both preorders, which I have no doubt will happen... I can still fall back on videogamesplus but importing is a pain.

As for the marvelous store their prices are completely ridiculous. 51€ and 75€ (!) with shipping for the standard and everafter editions respectively. I don't know why they are even bothering at this point. This is not on the 3DS which is region-locked, and anyone with half a brain would rather import an american copy, unless they think the PEGI logo is worth the extra money.

4. Poshakitoo

Poshakitoo New Member

Can Amazon cancel pre-orders?

OK that's shocking news, i have a lot of preorders pending...

5. Kashka

Kashka New Member

I don't know actually. It just seems weird that it was/is available on their website(s) to begin with considering what marvelous europe claimed. My preorder is still there on my amazon.fr account but the game itself is nowhere to be found on the site via the search bar and clicking the product's name leads to a error 404 page. So I guess they realised their mistake and went 'huh-oh, we effed up' and I'll simply get an email sooner or later where they'll tell me the item cannot be sold because they can't get their hands on it and cancel it quietly.

6. GhoulsInTokyo

GhoulsInTokyo New Member

Registered here because it seems like Registrations do not work at the moment over at the Marvelous Europe Board.

So, I just came here to insult the Marvelous Europe Store.
    I mean, why do we have to deserve this? It's the worst Distribution of Videogames I ever encountered. Since they came to the brillant idea, publishing every of their Games now by themselves, the fate of Europe had been sealed. Digital Only Release for Rune Factory 4 and Lord of Magna. No words of Story of Seasons and the upcoming PoPoLoCrois. And now the Rip Off Retail Release of Senran Kagura 2 and Corpse Party. I mean, it's a smart move with Senran Kagura 2 because of the Locked 3DS. So they can distribute the Game in the GBP currency to a ridiculous price (the Standard Retail Copy costs about over 45 Euros without shippings costs). And yes, the shippings costs are even more rediculous. I mean, what's going on there?

Is this the way they will henceforth release Games here in Europe? And everyone is Ok with that? I would love to support them, but it is simply not possible. And you know what they are doing? You have to Preorder to finance their Retail Editions. Yes, you have to pay the full price months before the Game is out if you would like to have a copy. This is insane. Why isn't Marvelous AQL sending a bit more budget? Why not choose, besides the overpriced store, an exclusive Online Retailer like Amazon too?

Sorry, as much as I would love to support the European Release, I'm still a sane person and if I place an order there, I agree to get Ripped Off.
    Lucky there isn't any relevant upcoming DLC for Corpse Party: Blood Drive to be released. I will Import the Game, already pre-ordered my copy. I hope someone over at Marvelous Europe will come to sanity someday. If this is going to be the Standards for Europe, it's better we will never get Story of Seasons and PoPoLoCrois. And yes, Digital Only sucks (look at the prices in the eShop), and it sucks even more on a Nintendo System.

7. IFu

IFu New Member

Honestly, I totally understand your point.

But starting your post with
    seems a bit unreasonable to me ...

8. Kashka

Kashka New Member

Their prices are the unreasonable thing here, they deserve the poop coming at them... although judging by their (mostly empty) forums nobody seems to mind.

This is off topic but take a look at this gem, posted on the Senran Kagura 2 board :
    Oh, wow, with shipping to germany the Happy Boobs edition would cost me almost 100€, that’s just too much for me, I can’t do that no matter how much I want it :< I had to preorder the normal edition as the game itself in a retail version is a definite must have for me, still costs me 67€ in total but I can deal with that. (around the same price I payed for the US Let’s Get Physical Edition of Shinovi Versus) Still grateful that you bring this game to us and that Paypal is an option now, can’t wait.

I could get the everafter edition from VGP for 50€, why the hell would I pay the same price for the standard edition on the EU marvelous store? This is completely nonsensical.

9. blarghonk25

blarghonk25 New Member

has there been any news on the North American Corpse Party Blood Drive website?

10. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

We don't typically put up our websites until much closer to release. At present, all the text for our North American website has been written, and a basic layout has been planned, but no actual web design work has been done yet -- we're only just getting started on that part. So it'll be a little while yet.

-Tom

11. Luphie

Luphie New Member

Will we get our game if we pre-order it from Amazon? (I'm in NA btw). The reason I ask is because the Europe got it from Marvelous Europe only so I'm not sure if the one on Amazon is a placeholder or not.

12. wayfarer999

wayfarer999 New Member

I dunno what made love the series so much, but the moment I picked it up was pure love...plus the 3D audio was just so perfect for immersion.

That said, I'm glad, so glad that Blood Drive is seeing the light of day here.

Still...poor Ayumi. Sucks with that kind of family baggage, and the lengths she'd go through for everyone ...glad Yoshiki is there.

Makes me wonder about Dead Patient though...

13. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

I read somewhere it was cancelled. I didn't believe it would be true at first. However, there haven't been any news about it in like one or two years.

14. wayfarer999

wayfarer999 New Member

I'm really doubtful of that.

....That would really, REALLY suck.

15. TheParuProject

TheParuProject New Member

Hey Tom, I was wondering if there would be another Corpse Party localization blog happening? I really enjoyed reading the first one in May, and it'd be great to get another official update soon.

16. JackkelDragon

JackkelDragon New Member

Back with some more silly translation/localization questions about BloodDrive and the OST CDs... Going to hide them in a spoiler tag to be safe.

- If the vocal songs from BR/BoS/BD are included in the OST for the Everafter Edition, what will be the localized names for the songs? I remember "pandora no yoru" being localized as "Pandora Night" for the BoS in-game track list, but I'm curious about the other tracks like "confutatis no inori" and "keshin".

- Related to the above, what would the localization for "tsukigen", the ending song from 2U, look like if XSEED worked on that game? So far I've seen it either written in romaji or as "moon illusion".

- From what I remember, Kuon refers to Aiko as "Ai-chan" in conversation. What is the current localization for this nickname? The fan translation so far has been "Ai".

- I noticed some pretty spoilery screenshots on the Marvelous Europe pre-order page (such as the CGs from the final battle and the post-credits scene of Chapter 10). Is it safe to assume such screenshots won't be used for the Marvelous USA/XSEED official site?

Hopefully these questions aren't too much of a bother. I'd hate to get in the way while asking questions that will mostly be answered by the release...

17. Wyrdwad

I shall do the same with my answers, then!

The good news is, the vocal songs from BR, BoS and BD *are* included on the OST -- though we were only able to provide the game-length versions of the opening themes to all three games, partially due to licensing concerns and also partially due to space (since both CDs are right around 79 minutes long as-is!).

As for what they're named, I don't actually have the track listing with me, and I won't be back in the office until Tuesday, but if you remind me then, I'll check for you and let you know.

Er, I dunno. I'm honestly not too familiar with 2U, so I'd have to play through the game and listen to the song before coming up with a suitable translation. I'd hate to just assign it one without making sure it's thematically appropriate first.

I believe that's what we went with as well.

Not if I can help it, yeah. But I could be overridden! I don't think we'd have any reason to use those on our website, however.

No bother at all! Keep 'em coming. ;) Sorry I'm not better able to answer them off the top of my head, but Blood Drive's mostly "in the past" for me at this point -- the game's fully translated and edited, fully QAed, and is presently in the mastering and production phase as far as I'm aware, so my attention has really been elsewhere for over a month now (specifically, on Return to PopoloCrois, which just wrapped up its English dubbing!).

-Tom

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I needs teh Blood Drive... especially after consuming the OVAs in one sitting. Release date plzzz

19. Wyrdwad

Soon. Soooooooooooon. ;)

(Man, how long has it been since I've been able to say that?! Feels like I've truly come home! Heheheheh.)

-Tom

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah you guys have been working on a million things this year, so no wonder it's been a bit since we've seen you on here. (Work faster :p)