Corpse Party: Blood Drive Announced!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Wyrdwad, May 29, 2015.

1. IFu

IFu New Member

Ah, that's nice. Thank you for answering my question, Tom. :)

2. KaminaGirl

KaminaGirl New Member

I don't mind if there's is Jap VAs only and I'm not a dub hater in the slightest. At least you guys aren't a certain company that makes the Jap audio only in the DLC,
    *cough, cough* NIS America with Dangan Ronpa Another Episode *cough, cough*
    but I digress. Plus I agree with you on the audio. I remember my favorite scene from the whole series was when Yuka gets caught by Kizami in the chapter 5 of the first game and every time I hear the part where he whispers in Yuka ears with earphones, a chill runs down my spine. Keep up the good work in bringing amazing games to America, Xseed.

3. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

why is the game not listed on gamestop's website? is it only going to be available at amazon? can we preorder the game in-store eventually? i really hate online pre-orders only.

what is wrong with dungeon travelers 2? i played the jp psp demo and it was a TON of fun! i am aware it has some naughty parts in it, but the game was really fun nonetheless. how is it any different from conception or ar tonelico? both those series are "dating sim" type rpgs and imply certain things.

as for blood drive, i plan to buy it, but since i havent played the first 2 games, will i be able to jump in? i am holding off on the psp games until they get released physically. i also want the birthday2u game released eventually.

if you had released the first 2 games physically as well, instead of just a digital release, i wouldnt be in the dark about what happens prior to the vita game. i dont believe in buying digital games when there are physical release options for those games.

4. JackkelDragon

JackkelDragon New Member

A relevant post from Wyrdwad.

Short answer: No.

I'll try to avoid spoilers, but just in case:
    To elaborate, BloodDrive's opening scene continues seconds after the ending of Book of Shadows. Playing at least the true endings to every chapter in BR and BoS is pretty much required to understand some of the plot points in BloodDrive. There's a glossary of characters and terms in BloodDrive, but most of the terms are things introduced in 2U or BloodDrive (and unlock as you play the game), so it can't bring you up to speed.

5. Soapstone

Soapstone New Member

so i found a psp emulator and i am playing CP1, all i can say is... wow! if the 3ds version of the game gets greenlighted, and gets a physical release, i will buy it, dont worry about that! i want to destroy my friends peace of minds by letting them play this horror masterpiece! :p

so will blood drive be available in stores? is there any chance of the earlier vita games getting a physical release here as well?

6. FatherJohnBrown

FatherJohnBrown New Member

Why is blood drive 84.99 on amazon.ca but only 49.99 on amazon.com? I know the Canadian dollar is weak right now but an extra 35 dollars seems a bit much

7. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Proooooobably best not to talk about playing retail games via emulation on a company forum! Doesn't really look very good, doesn't reflect well upon you, and is very much against forum rules as well. I'm not going to delete your post or take any action right now, but please do watch what you talk about on here in the future -- we try not to be draconian about this kind of thing, but these games are our livelihoods, so reading about people downloading or playing them illegally (unless you're saying you bought the game via PSN but are playing it via emulator for convenience) does not present a solid impression of you.

Having a Pietro avatar makes it a little more palatable, though. Because no one with a Pietro avatar can be a bad person. ;)

At any rate, it should be noted that you can download both to Vita or PSTV through PSN, and I would encourage you to do so if you haven't already. It'll soothe your conscience, and make us very happy to boot! And the games are definitely worth your time.

Blood Drive will indeed be receiving a physical release, and in an LE to boot, with 2 CDs of music and an art book included. The previous games are PSP titles, however, not Vita (though they can be played on Vita and PSTV), so releasing them physically at this point would not be possible -- UMD production is unlikely to turn a profit, and few places even do it anymore.

I'm not sure what's up with that pricing discrepancy, but you're not the first person to notice or comment on it. I'll make sure Ken knows about this on Monday, and we'll see if we can figure out what's going on.

Also, for anyone who's interested in getting a little taste of what the Blood Drive corner of our E3 booth was like this year, Rely on Horror posted this video on YouTube, containing footage of the game alongside me talking about it!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMV6bZz-ZOY[/video]

Enjoy!

-Tom

8. IFu

IFu New Member

If I may ask a question about the game footage seen on RelyonHorror's video : is the font used here final ? Or is it more like a placeholder ?

9. Wyrdwad

Definitely final. All the translations were based around the width of that font, so we really can't change it now without a LOT of work to rebalance every line.

It's the same font as in the previous games, though, and is one I've always found to be quite fitting for the series -- easy to read, atmospherically appropriate, and cool-looking to boot!

-Tom

10. IFu

IFu New Member

Oh okay, I didn't realise it was the same. I agree with you on this one, it fits the series quite well. However, is it just me, or it seems a tad larger than in the other games ?

11. Wyrdwad

Actually, if anything, it's a little smaller! Especially when you're playing on the Vita screen itself -- when the footage isn't blown up (or being played on PSTV), it's shockingly tiny. Very crisp and clear, but definitely makes playing on PSTV (with a good stereo system or headphones, though, of course!) a more desirable option for me. ;)

-Tom

12. IFu

IFu New Member

Oh alright, so I probably saw it that way because I wasn't looking at it on the Vita screen. I must say, playing Blood Drive on PSTV with a big screen and some good stereo system must be quite something !
    Thank you for answering my questions.

13. Saru245

Saru245 New Member

Welcome back Tom, it's been so long since I've seen you on these forums last. It's cool how now I can match a voice/look with the words on this forum, I thought that might be you because the guy in the video seemed very knowledgeable about the series. I love the 3D model of Ayumi and how everything else is in 3D also. I like how they put in all those additions too but with those additions they also added newer ways to die, which I will fall for each one that's a FACT! It's a shame that we won't be getting Corpse Party 2U since it looks so fun! Kinda like Senran Kagura BA which was so crazy. xD

Can't wait to play this game and it's SO COOL that you can explore(?) Ayumi's house beside just the school. That's gonna be a nice breathe of fresh air. The fall seriously can't come fast enough. ^_^

14. JackkelDragon

JackkelDragon New Member

I'm back with a few more questions, most of them just things I'm curious about. However, some of them could be really spoilery, so I'll hide them away.

* What are the localized names of some of the organizations appearing in BloodDrive? In particular, I'm curious about the Perfect Life corporation and the Grave/Tomb of Maltuva/Martuba.
    * What is the localized name of Misuto's black book? If I remember correctly, the name's direct translation was essentially just "black book".
    * Are the voice actors for the Book of Shadows and/or the black book listed anywhere? I couldn't seem to find them in the cast list.
    * This is probably the least of translation concerns, but I'm curious how the OST tracks "Nirvana" and "Nehan" will be listed. Since the localized name for Nehan is "the Nirvana", will the track names be modified a bit to differentiate them? (They're similar songs, but one plays as a late-game exploration theme while the other is the chapter end theme.) On a related note, do you have any opinion about the striking similarities between these two songs and the title screen BGM for Dead Patient? (Personally, it makes me think the Nirvana is going to continue to be important.)
    * This is mostly a silly question, but are the pendulum blades in Chapter 09 still as frustrating as in the Japanese release? I've lost *hours* to those things, more because of load times than actual lost progress. (I think I prefer the endless backtracking for Satoshi's party in the PC-98 game to those blades.)

I feel like I'm running out of "important" questions, so I'll try to lay off until the game is closer to release if these are too nitpicky. I think everyone understands that I'm excited for the game by now.

15. Wyrdwad

In the order asked:
    • "Martuba's Tomb" (its members often just referred to as "the Martubas") and "PL Promotions Co., Inc." (with dialogue calling out that PL is short for Perfect Life, as in the Japanese).
    • By black book, I assume you mean "kuro no hon," right? The one that's essentially Misuto's own Book of Shadows? If so, we're using "grimoire." Which is a term used to describe the Book of Shadows itself as well, but that's a grimoire with a name, whereas Misuto's is just a generic unnamed grimoire.
    • Come to think of it, I don't believe they are...
    • We did struggle a bit with how to deal with Nirvana vs. Nehan in the track listing. Ultimately, we left the English "Nirvana" as-is, but changed Nehan to "Salvation." It's a bit of a liberty, but it fits with the theme of the game, if only ironically.
    • And yes, those pendulum blades suck just as much as ever! We've asked the dev team to look into ways of improving them -- scrubbing out the frame drops in the room, for example -- but there doesn't seem to be anything they can do, unfortunately.
    Glad to see you're so hyped for the game! Hope you like what you see -- it was a challenging one to localize due to the complexity of the plot, but I did my absolute best to give everything the attention it deserved.
    We even took some extra time to make the "noble lot" puzzle a little clearer for players, since Japanese gamers had a lot of trouble with that one. We're going to be putting a coded hint for it on the website, assuming Mages approves.

-Tom

16. Qualar

Qualar New Member

Oooooooh..... I see something in that video which sparks ever so many questions.

1. Is that a series PCH-1000 (OLED) or PCH-2000 (LCD) Vita?
    2. Is the data link cable linking the system to the TV a straight adapter cable?
    3. Did you have to switch out the Vita periodically to recharge, or did the data-link cable we see in the video have an inline power injector connection?
    4. Was the cable/adapter custom made or something obtained through Sony?

17. TheParuProject

TheParuProject New Member

So in case anyone was waiting for it, the game has gone up for preorder at Gamestop now. :D

18. OMGitisSamM

OMGitisSamM New Member

I cry. ;-;
    Sometmes I wish I wasn't a poor, broke Xbox fan.
    (sigh)... I guess I'll just stick to YouTube gameplays.
    Sorry Tom. ,_,

19. Wyrdwad

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the video on the TV screen was looping B-roll footage -- it was NOT connected to the Vita itself. Early Vita dev units do allow you to output to TV, but they're big and bulky and easy to disconnect by accident, so we used PCH-2000 TestKit Vitas at E3, which have no TV-out capability whatsoever.

The footage you saw on the TV screen was actually being played from a PS3 inside the cabinet.

-Tom

20. OMGitisSamM

OMGitisSamM New Member

Wyrdwad, is XSEED Games in charge of the iOS versions of the games?