Corpse Party: Blood Drive Announced!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Wyrdwad, May 29, 2015.

1. Otase

Otase New Member

So there will be no Regular copy and this will be tied up to a few limited copy to the NA only?

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

I don't *think* any of those are in, but I'm not 100% sure. The answer to your next question should tell you what you need to know, however:

Basically, it's going to be the full contents of the bonus CDs that came with the LEs for Corpse Party: BloodCovered: Repeated Fear, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, and Corpse Party: Blood Drive in Japan, possibly minus some or all of the vocal themes (depending on what we're legally allowed to include).

I don't believe we're selling a non-LE copy of Blood Drive, but I'm actually not 100% certain.

And for now, we've only announced the game for North America, but that doesn't mean other regions won't be coming. There's still a lot of time before release, after all.

-Tom

3. Otase

Otase New Member

Ok best of luck Tom, if only some european countries like mine werent so incult lol

4. JackkelDragon

JackkelDragon New Member

Looking over the trophy list for BloodDrive earlier today, I noticed something that may have caused the confusion with some of the chapter names:

The trophy for unlocking EXCH4: "Memories, Like Beautiful Dreams" (Omoide wa Utsukushiku Mugen no Gotoku) is named [Mugen no Gotoku], while the trophy for unlocking EXCH7: "Satsuki's Heart" (Satsuki no Shinzou) is named [Shinzou]. Since these trophy titles are shortened versions of the actual chapter names, maybe these were the ones used in translating the chapter names before Aethix and I pointed out the discrepancy?

Edit: Out of curiosity, did the fixed chapter titles make it into the game?

5. Wyrdwad

Yep, all good! Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy -- that was some good karma right there. ;)

-Tom

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Still waiting for it to show up in GS systems. Wait wait wait...

7. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Hey Tom. I've got a question, if you can answer it.
    Satsuki doesn't seem like she'd be a problem, but how do you deal with all the elements that have carried over from 2U, such as Azusa knowing Yoshiki and calling him "Knight." Or Inumaru's obsession with Sayaka. My memory is a bit fuzzy on if there was any actual small recap on those details in Blood Drive, but it does feel like characters such as Aiko, Inumaru, Azusa, and Ran get shortchanged a bit.

8. Wyrdwad

I pretty much just left all that as-is! None of it seems out-of-place or underexplained if you haven't played 2U
    -- except for Azusa, who literally comes out of nowhere, calls Yoshiki "Knight," then goes away --
    so there wasn't really any reason to change any of it.

You definitely can't get as much out of Blood Drive without playing Corpse Party and Book of Shadows, but if you missed out on 2U, you're literally only missing out on cameo appearances in Blood Drive -- the 2U story elements don't affect the story in any meaningful way
    aside from Sachiko and the calavera doll, but that actually is somewhat explained in the encyclopedia text -- and even if you don't know a thing about it, the only question you'll have is "why's Sachiko being so nice all of a sudden?"

-Tom

9. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

While I feel its not necessary to have played 2U, I still feel like folks who didn't are missing out on a hell of a lot of exposition in regards to
    the relationship dynamics between Aiko/Naho and Inumaru/Sayaka. Not to mention the entire extra chapter that set up who Azusa is, why she was in the school, plus Ran being one of the nametags you find in the game.

10. Saru245

Saru245 New Member

One thing I hope this game does is that it doesn't only take place at the school. What I really liked about Book of Shadows was it's last chapter. Man I was nervous and scared the whole chapter because I didn't know at all what was going to happen unlike the rest of the game and the previous game. I really loved that so I hope Blood Covered has something like that again. ^_^

11. IFu

IFu New Member

You mean Blood Drive ? :)
    And yeah, from what I've seen, even though the game still mainly takes place in Heavenly Host, you get to see new environments.
    That's just from what I've seen though.

12. Saru245

Saru245 New Member

Whoops, yeah I meant that. Curse my excitement blinding me. xP

13. Wyrdwad

You are in luck! ;)

-Tom

14. Saru245

Saru245 New Member

Sweet! x3 Another sleepless night for me then!

15. IFu

IFu New Member

Might sound like a silly question, but will the physical release include all the patches released for the Japanese version ?

16. Azelais

Azelais New Member

Finally: PRE-ORDERED from Amazon.

Patience paid off, the game can now be shipped internationally (to some countries, at the very least).The same goes for Trails of CS and, I assume, EDF. I'm so relieved that this worked out just fine.

17. Wyrdwad

Oh, of course! It already does, in fact, even in our very first English build.

-Tom

18. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

Is it too early to say how big the file size is?

19. Wyrdwad

I'd have to check, and I'm not sure I'll be able to for a while (what with E3 this week!), but it should be more or less identical to the Japanese version -- we're not dubbing it or anything, so all the files that take up the most space (that being voices and movies) should be unchanged.

-Tom

20. DiagX

DiagX New Member

my answer is a little bit late, but yes, absolutly.. ordered quite a few times from there to germany without any problems.. cheapest shipping took between 1-2 weeks without any detour ^^

don´t know if the "holocaust" thing would make any trouble in germany (if there will be an eu release), but i remember in duke nukem 3d that there was a stage called "hollywood holocaust".. though this was for sure not the only reason why it ended on our "index".. this was ages ago and i don´t think the usk or bpjm (yea we have 2 troublesome authorities) would do the same thing again if they´d re-rate duke 3d.. even they got a little bit more relaxed (still it´s a touchy subject here)