Corpse Party: Blood Drive Announced!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Wyrdwad, May 29, 2015.

1. Otase

Otase New Member

Though they say it will come to Europe this won't reach Portugal market (yeah this country sucks)
    so im sorry that i only buy japanese version of any game i like this days and forget localization eventually.

2. kytos

kytos New Member

I've been playing Corpse Party PSP. The graphics keep making me expect to hit a random battle. Also if Blood Drive has more of this golden dialogue, I don't see how I can not pick it up.

3. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

I don't remember that little gem! But yeah, unless I'm gravely mistaken, Blood Drive was translated(/edited?) by the same guy who handled the first two games, our very own Tom Lipshultz (Wyrdwad), so the tone/quality/etc. should be about the same, I should think.

(incidentally, Tom, I happen to love the dialogue in your localization, as well!)

4. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

I didn't do the initial translation this time -- that honor goes to our very own Jason, who's probably most well-known at this point for his work on the initial translation of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, but who also translated most of Onechanbara Z2: Chaos and much of the system text from Akiba's Trip as well.

With Ken and the others at XSEED knowing that I have a certain "style" to my writing that was present in both previous Corpse Party games from us, though, I was in charge of editing for Blood Drive, and I made certain to give the game's translation a nice dose of Wyrdwad. ;) So ultimately, it should be indistinguishable from the previous two games stylistically, and it DEFINITELY has its fair share of quotable lines. ;)

My favorite lines in the game, though, come in the form of a soliloquy performed on stage in one of the extra chapters. I asked another of our in-house localization experts, Nick, for help with that one, since he has a real flair for the dramatic (he was one of the lead editors on Story of Seasons and Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel), and he wound up rewriting the whole thing into nearly perfect iambic pentameter. It... seriously sounds like a lost Shakespeare sonnet. It's absolutely incredible.

You'll be seeing some of his poetry work again in the future, too, with Return to PopoloCrois -- he helped me write the English dialogue for Lady Galariel, the goddess of Galariland, whose lines are all sung in a Buddhist chant-like style in the Japanese.

-Tom

5. kytos

kytos New Member

Good to know!

6. IFu

IFu New Member

Like that quote about raisins shown in the ESRB rating ?

7. Plantz

Plantz New Member

I have another question about playing the game on PSTV. Do you know how well the game would actually look? I have a 32" 1080p HDTV and am concerned as to whether or not the resolution would make the game look terrible. The reason I'm asking is because I don't actually have a PSVita yet but pre-ordered the game anyway because I love the series so much. I'm also not a huge fan of handheld gaming so I was looking into the PSTV as not only being an alternative but also a much cheaper option than buying a vita.

8. Wyrdwad

To be perfectly honest, the game looks a little iffy on PSTV. In terms of the quality of the models and such, it looks fine, but the lighting and shadows seem a bit off -- unless your TV's contrast is set really low (high?), things look a lot brighter on PSTV than they do on the Vita screen, which detracts the tiniest bit from the game's atmosphere.

I don't mind it myself, but others might, so I think it's only fair to note.

-Tom

9. Yamasura

Yamasura New Member

Finally CP BD showed up in EB Games system! Everafter Edition you shall be mine.

10. IFu

IFu New Member

Any updates about the official website ?

11. Poshakitoo

Poshakitoo New Member

Does the release date is still the same for the game (oct 13 says in amazon)?

12. Wyrdwad

Stay tuned. We'll be making an official announcement soon.

-Tom

13. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Next up on Siliconera: XSEED announces it will announce something.

Anyway, good news.

14. BRS25

BRS25 New Member

Got my game in the mail today! Very pleased with the everafter edition and the quality of everything.

15. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

I'm super duper late on this. -_-

I kinda want to get the special edition, but I would prefer to have the game digital instead. Does the special edition have any code for you to download the game digitally? :lol:

16. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Nope.

17. DeathkaiserG

DeathkaiserG New Member

Bit crushed?

Cleary she is totally burned there..

Whilst
    Not burned...

Though technically the burned one is somewhat the right pic for that scene... cause she hugged her after being burned... although in the game (US), the not burned one is still used

So why edit the CG if youre not gonna use them anyway...

18. Wyrdwad

I don't think anything was edited. To my knowledge, Marvelous just used the images that were provided to them by the devs. If that one doesn't match with what's in the game, then that's likely because the in-game art was tweaked or filtered in some manner that never got retroactively applied to the original CG master.

...Or sort of the reverse, in this case? Maybe the burned flesh didn't sit well with CERO, so they dialed it back in-game, without adjusting the original CG to match.

-Tom