Corpse Party: Blood Drive Announced!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Wyrdwad, May 29, 2015.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Well, the fact that one of those projects is a FREAKING POPOLOCROIS GAME has a lot to do with that, too. There are a select few series in this world that I get VERY passionate about. Corpse Party is one of them, to be sure... but PopoloCrois is *the* #1 for me. It's the series that got me into translation, and remains my absolute favorite franchise of all time.

And Ken, knowing this, pretty much handed the reins to me for Return to PopoloCrois.

Which was both exciting, and TERRIFYING. Because if there's any game I want to ensure I do justice to, it's that one!

-Tom

2. Plantz

Plantz New Member

How heavily will the game rely on touch screen functionality and would it be viable to play it on PSTV?

3. Wyrdwad

Corpse Party: Blood Drive has no touchscreen functionality whatsoever -- it's not even a matter of touchscreen functionality being optional, it's simply not there at all! It may be the only Vita game I've ever seen, in fact, that doesn't make use of the touchscreen in any way.

And the game is fully compatible with PSTV, so yes, you can definitely play on PSTV if you so desire! Though I'd still recommend using headphones for the sound (or a nice surround-sound system, if you've got one), since the 3D binaural audio is back and would be kind of wasted coming out of regular HDTV speakers. ;)

-Tom

4. Poshakitoo

Poshakitoo New Member

About the art in the package, the one that is shown for the pre orders will be the final art?

5. Wyrdwad

Yes, but all versions of the game have a reversible cover which features both the Japanese retail box art (on the front) and the Japanese LE box art (on the back), so if you're not fond of our WAY AWESOME COVER ART, you can always go back to the boring ol' originals after purchase. ;)

(The LE box itself is pretty much set, but with our embossing and such, trust me, it looks super-duper badass!)

-Tom

6. makotorii

makotorii New Member

Tom, I was just wondering about the art cards seen in the EU site. In double spoilers, just in case.

The art cards
    [​IMG]

I noticed that the fourth card looks different from the CG it came from.

Major BD CG Warning.
    [​IMG]

Why is the art card inconsistent from the CG it came from? Also, will the other regions receive the same bonuses seen in the EU site?

EDIT: Also, is it possible to mention what would be the content of the artbook? The Japanese edition had a prequel manga with it, so will that be in the artbook too?

7. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

So Europe gets a LE
    [​IMG]

*looks at complaints from NA fans*
    [​IMG]

8. Wyrdwad

Looks more or less the same to me! The image probably just got a little bit-crushed -- remember, that's not a photograph of the art cards, but a mock-up image prepared in Photoshop. So that piece of art has likely been resized and recolored a million times, and I doubt a lot of effort went into making sure it exactly matched the CG on account of the fact that it's just a preview image to give people the general idea of what they'll be getting.

The actual card itself should look like the image from the game.

And no, those bonuses are a Marvelous Europe exclusive. The CD set and book will be the same as what we're providing in our Everafter Edition, but Marvelous EU has full dibs on the art cards and pin-jack mascot figures.

They just beat us to the punch on that one! Ours is cheaper, but theirs has more goodies. Pick your poison! ;)

-Tom

9. ShikouNagakura

So like is the digital ver gonna be $40 for NA? Or is there no price yet for the digital ver?

10. makotorii

makotorii New Member

Thanks for the quick response, but if it's fine, I have another question (it was on my first post, but it was an edit). Is it possible to mention what would be the content of the artbook? The Japanese edition had a prequel manga with it, so will that be in the artbook too?

EDIT: About this post, did the title changes make it in time?

11. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

Oh man, that art book.

I think I'll set it right next to my bed so it can watch me while I sleep...

12. ShikouNagakura

I might have to burn it if I had an artbook with a cover like that... or will that get me cursed? I knew limited editions were EVIL!! O_O

13. Wyrdwad

I don't actually recall how much we've announced in regards to pricing, but I don't think we've talked about digital pricing just yet... which is really my way of saying, "crap, I don't remember, and my notebook with the answer in it is at work right now." ;)

'Fraid not. Our art book is quite literally ART -- lots and lots and LOTS of art, from all three Corpse Party titles we'll have published at the time of release, along with a lengthy character profile section and... erm... maybe a secret or two in the margins (which won't mean much to people who've already played the game in Japanese, but if you haven't played Blood Drive at all yet, decoding our little clue could save you from a few unnecessary Game Overs!). ;)

Yep! Those made it in practically the next day, in fact. Mages be quick!

-Tom

14. Luphie

Luphie New Member

Aww... wish we could've gotten the Heavenly Host bundle, too. I know I'll be getting it for sure. Oh well.

That artbook looks very awesome indeed.

15. ShikouNagakura

So.... October 13 is the actual release date for NA or is that just an Amazon placeholder date?

16. kytos

kytos New Member

Never heard of this series before... But the hype surrounding this game is reaaaally making me curious ;)

17. Wyrdwad

Don't start with Blood Drive! You'll spoil the previous games almost immediately, and also be a little lost as to what's going on for a while.

Start with Corpse Party on PSP. That's not only the true beginning of the story, but also my favorite game in the series.

-Tom

18. Poshakitoo

Poshakitoo New Member

Yes, the 2D sprites like 90's-rpg are worth it.

Tom, i never called your LE Outer Box boring, i was thinking that it was a proposal and you were still working on it D. Don't blame too hard u_u. Btw, can't xseed do anything about those Cards? They seem pretty, and i would like them. Even fi they're just digital and for my screen saver rotation :)

19. ShikouNagakura

Im gonna take the silent treatment as a no. Got me all excited for nothing. Back to "unknown weeks till Blood Drive"

20. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

If there's no date in this thread, then odds are it's a placeholder date.