Corpse Party: Blood Drive Announced!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Wyrdwad, May 29, 2015.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Coming this fall in a physical "Everafter Edition" which will include a 2-disc music collection and an art book (as well as digitally via PSN, of course).

Full news report and announcement trailer can be found here:

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/corpse-party-blood-drive-coming-north-america-this-fall

Further details will be given via a blog entry later on today, most likely!

-Tom

2. VongolaGearX

VongolaGearX Member

yes! cant wait
    i take it your aiming for an October release before holloween?

3. Wyrdwad

We've stopped trying for Halloween, since that never goes well. ;) Instead, we're just going to release it when it's done and ready to go. If that happens to fall near Halloween, all the better!

-Tom

4. FruityInsanity

FruityInsanity New Member

omg omg omg I can't wait.

This, SC, and P4 Dancing All Night are going to burn a hole through my wallet.

Not to mention that the hole from FE if and a JP 3DS hasn't healed yet. qq

I love you XSEED, but I hate you. But I still love you, so it's okay.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

2015 > 2014 for games... Well, except for DR1 and 1 last year. Those MADE my year last year! But as an overall with the amount of awesome titles (not just 2 :p) is this year... Wow!

6. JackkelDragon

JackkelDragon New Member

Will there be preorders for the physical edition? And if so, where should we go to preorder?

7. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Sweetness; physical edition! Can't wait to get it.

8. Wyrdwad

There will be, and we'll let you know when and where after they're set up. It's going to be the usual suspects, though -- count on at least Amazon and GameStop, probably Newegg as well, and maybe a bunch of other places on top of that.

-Tom

9. Yamasura

Yamasura New Member

Thanks for localizing this XSEED and thanks for the physical release :)

Now i know you guys are having different box art for the North American version, but is there anyway you can make it a reversible box art with the japanese art on one side ? and the american on the other ? i know it's spoilerish but i think the japanese box art is really nice.

10. Wyrdwad

We've been talking about that, actually. We'll see what we can do!

-Tom

11. Aethix

Aethix New Member

As much as I love this announcement, one thing bugs me: there are some huge spoilers in that trailer.

12. Wyrdwad

Only if you've already played the game. If you haven't, nothing in that trailer means anything.

-Tom

13. Azelais

Azelais New Member

My gosh. After all this time I am able to log in on my iPad. I've been reading through the forums since, ah, honestly, I can't remember when the first forums went live. Must be getting old, poor me. I've been consistently unable to log in or stay logged in when changing pages after finally -finally!- signing up for an account here but now that issue fortunately seems to have gone 'poof'. Yay. Speechlessness.

I wanted to give the log in another try to express my appreciation for this awesomely greasily gruesomeness of amazing (or would that be the awesomely amazing news of a greasily gruesome game?) that I'd just read about. Thank youuuu <3 I'm very much hoping that this is going to be a success for everyone at XSEED.

Besides... the more I think about how to motivate the few local vita players who I know, the more pleasant scenarios come to my mind. Teaching more people of the spooks, shrieks and shivers of playing CP is going to be such a nice thought. Sure, it might take some work to convince the few vita players that I know to give this and the other CP entries a try if they've never heard of it and are at risk of being blended at what cute anime-ish screenshots they'll come across, but just going to be asked if I 'too' think that 'it's scary' and learning that the game made them all jumpy after playing in the dark will make it worth it.

I think that a physical edition is sure to bait some of them and yes, I want to be optimistic about that the same will apply to others, too. It's going to be great because these games break somewhat with the somewhat wide-spread average ideas in NA and Europe of what defines the classical horror genre and what will need to be presented in what ways to cause jump scares and ignite a feeling of uneasiness and expectation and that's why I think that CP needs to scare even more people to give them the opportunity to add something to their view of what makes up an effective horror mystery.

Well honestly, above all that I simply love talking to scardycats as much as playing CP myself while my heart's pounding loudly in my ears because oh.my.gosh I will diiiiie, go faster, go faster, noooo.

14. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

Yay!!!!!! I cant wait to get it digitally! :D
    Will there be pre-orders for the digital version too? I know you can set up pre-orders on PSN nowdays.

I dont know anything after the prologue so idk what spoilers you're talking about :lol:

15. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Noted! I shall avoid the trailer, so thanks for the heads up. I'm one of those people that like going into games, movies, tv and comics as fresh and unsullied as possible. :)

16. souledge94

souledge94 New Member

would have liked a dub. I played the first though I muted it since jpn voice overs. It was gory thats for sure.

17. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

You're missing out if you're not playing the original with headphones on. They did some absolutely amazing surround sound/sense work with it that I've not really experienced in any other game. *shudders* Ugh, so horrible yet so masterful.

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The binaural sound is AMAZING, before I even knew about the 3D effects :D A friend linked me to a video on how they do the effect and instantly I was like "oh THAT'S how they did the voices for Corpse Party!!" Something about Sachiko whispering into your ear, sounding like the voice is IN your head, just makes it unsettling :p

19. souledge94

souledge94 New Member

yea was told that,but hearing jpn voice overs wont really enhance my enjoyment.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Japanese voices? Do you not like other languages?