Corpse Party 3Ds!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Wyrdwad, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Saron

Saron New Member

Hey, I've been wondering... Is there really gonna be a digital release in the US ? In Japan, it was released on July 27 so I assumed it would be on that same date but nothing has appeared on the Nintendo eShop. If there IS indeed going to be a digital release, mind giving us a date? I've been waiting all summer scratching my head, checking in and out of the eShop to get it as fast as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

There will indeed be a digital version! We'll be releasing it the same day as the physical version. When that is, however, is not yet known -- you'll have to wait until we announce a release date for the game.

Whatever date we announce, though, can be considered both the physical package version release date, and the digital eShop version release date.

-Tom

3. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Too excited for this; anxiously awaiting my preorder's arrival whenever that will happen!

4. COMel86

COMel86 Member

So the Aug 30 release date is still a placeholder I take it?

5. Jackkel Dragon

Jackkel Dragon New Member

My Amazon pre-order had its date modifed to be October 4th, but I'm not sure if that's just a new placeholder or an official date.

6. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Kind of hoping that's a good date because it makes more sense for Corpse Party to be released in October, but that's definitely just Amazon guessing again. D:

7. Cryrobinson

Does anyone know if the newly adjusted date for preorders is the legit date? Feel like I haven't seen any news anywhere so speculating. Still super excited though!

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

sis likes this.
  9. Cryrobinson

10. COMel86

COMel86 Member

Picked this up today and it's grim/dark as all heck. Have to admit it's pretty disturbing.

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I like how several times on the package it warns how the figures are NOT for kids. Just, I dunno, the idea that it's a rated M game and all anyways :p

12. BachU8

BachU8 New Member

Does anyone know if the 3DS sprites/assets will have higher resolution than the PSP ones?

13. Cryrobinson

14. Cryrobinson

In case you don't want to read it; 3DS has higher resolution sprites yes.

15. BachU8

BachU8 New Member

Thanks for the info. Is it the same for the character portraits?

16. Jackkel Dragon

Jackkel Dragon New Member

When it comes to art in BR 3DS compared to BR:

Map Sprites: Redrawn at 32x32 tile size.
    Map Tiles: Original BR 24x24 tile size assets, resized to 32x32.
    Character Portraits: Original BR portraits. (May have been slightly scaled down for the smaller 3DS resolution.)
    CGs: Original BR CGs, with a few new animated aspects (such as burning fire).
    Menus: Completely redone.

A non-art related note: None of the new content is voiced by the BR cast, aside from a few reused lines from the main game. The only new voice overs are in the bug pit ending, which seems to use the original BC voiceover for that scene. The other new content is unvoiced.

Having "finished" the game (all endings, nametags, etc.), I have to say that it's probably the best version of BR. Aside from a few minor gripes (like a redundant filler puzzle in Chapter 5 being made more complicated), it really seems to have improved everything it touched. While I still consider playing BC to be important for serious fans of the series, the original PSP/iOS version of BR is mostly superseded by this one. One of my favorite (though underused by me) additions is probably the gallery/music room in the character profiles chapter. It reminds me of the music room from the original Corpse Party, where you could check endings seen and listen to music from the game.

Oh, and the nametag that was broken in NA/EU versions of BR is finally fixed. No longer do we have to use save editors to complete the collection list. (Still blocks Kain's nametag if you get all victim's memoirs in Chapter 3, though... BC didn't have that problem.)

17. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

I really enjoyed Corpse Party for the PSP on launch and even got the PC Steam release since I was curious how different it was. I'm definitely waiting for a price drop for the 3DS version though as paying full price to see a few extra chapters not in the PSP version doesn't seem like a good use of my money. That said, I 100% recommend it to anyone who didn't play this on PSP. Play with headphones!