Corpse Party 3Ds!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Wyrdwad, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

"Surprise." I'll bet you had no idea this was coming! (/sarcasm) ;)

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/corpse-party-pc-launches-april-25-3ds-version-coming-north-america-summer

I'll go into more detail when I can, but for now, a couple things I wanted to point out:
    • The CD accompanying the physical release is sooooo good! We finally managed to convince MAGES. and Team GrisGris to let us feature... well, pretty much the rest of the Corpse Party 1 soundtrack in its entirety, sans the PC-exclusive tracks and a couple ambient tracks that simply wouldn't fit on the disc. ;) There's only one overlap with the tracks from Songs of the Dead, and it's not even exactly the same: it's the short version of one of the ending themes, as opposed to the (slightly different) long version featured previously.
    • Some people have commented about the ridiculousness of "high-resolution character sprites" being listed as a feature. If you've played the PSP game, though, you'll understand immediately what this means. The PSP version of the game had sprites that were presented at a lower pixel resolution than the backgrounds they were interacting with, making all the characters look kind of blurry compared to the environments. The 3DS version fixes this, with each sprite actually redrawn in a higher pixel resolution to match the backgrounds. It may seem like a minor addition, but it makes a huge difference in the way the game is presented.

-Tom

2. Theswweet

Theswweet Active Member

My article would've been up already, though we've been having issues getting the trailers uploaded - anyway, definitely liking what I'm seeing of the Limited Edition. Really cool figures!

3. Hydrangea

Hydrangea New Member

I had to make an account just for this! Soooo pumped to head back to school~

4. Linkman806

Linkman806 New Member

I'm very excited for this news. I have been wanting to get into the series. Any idea when pre orders will be up? either via Steam or amazon via pc and 3ds? I think i'm gonna pick up the pc version to experience the original, then pick up the 3ds version for the extra story stuff.

5. Wyrdwad

Preorders for the 3DS version are being set up, as far as I know, so hopefully they'll be up soon-ish. Whether that's tomorrow or next month, though, I couldn't say -- sorry!

The PC version is an easier one to answer, though: since it's digital-only, meaning there's no chance of stock running out, we're not offering preorders for it -- it'll just go up for sale on April 25th via the Steam store.

-Tom

6. LovegooLass

LovegooLass New Member

Will the Limiited Edition be available in Europe?

7. Wyrdwad

This announcement is only for North America. Which doesn't mean there won't be a future announcement regarding Europe -- we just have nothing to report right now.

Should we have anything to announce in the future, though, we'll make sure you know about it.

-Tom

8. blarghonk25

blarghonk25 New Member

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

9. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

So, I wasn't planning on getting the 3DS version but with the physical release, I might just have to take the plunge another time.

10. JustAnotherNobody

JustAnotherNobody New Member

YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!! Looking forward to this. Just remember, no glitched name tags (Just messing with you.)

11. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

XSEED needs to hire my analytical ass for QA.

12. Wyrdwad

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I posted a blog yesterday answering the most commonly asked questions about Corpse Party PC and 3DS alike, as well as outlining what the benefits and drawbacks are to each of the three English versions we'll have published once all is said and done:

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/142874655105/corpse-party-pc-3ds-victims-memoirs-1

To my surprise, some people actually seemed bothered by the mention of a Nokia ringtone being changed for legal reasons, and have asked me to clarify what other copyright-related changes are present. So, to copy/paste my answer from the Corpse Party PC topic, here's the full rundown:

Honestly, changing the Nokia ringtone to a more generic ringtone is the only thing I can think of off-hand (and that's not a new change; it was changed in the PSP version as well), but since I've done translation and editing on every Corpse Party game to date, I didn't want to specifically state that that's the only thing, as I know the other titles feature other copyright changes as well (Book of Shadows mentioned Polaroid and Ultraman in the original Japanese, which were changed to "instant camera" and "a legally unnameable superhero," and Blood Drive mentioned Ouija, which was changed to "spirit board," as well as mentioning Polaroid once again). The games' scripts all kind of blend together in my head into one single giant Corpse Party canon at this point, so just in case there was a reference to a copyrighted product in the Japanese that I'm forgetting about, I figured it was best to cover all my bases in the blog. (And I probably wouldn't have had to mention anything for something like this, but I felt full disclosure was warranted, since I know this has been a real hot-button issue with gamers of late.)

It's purely copyrighted stuff, though. Absolutely nothing was changed or altered for content reasons.

-Tom

13. JustAnotherNobody

JustAnotherNobody New Member

That makes sense.

Edit: Just got done reading the differences between the three versions and I've got to say, the PC version's textures/sprite work look like a combination of Corpse Party: Rebuilt (PC) and Corpse Party: Blood Covered (PSP)

14. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Hmm, was sharing the news with a friend and stumbled over what the japanese preorder bonuses for the 3DS version were... Mayu fans will be weeping. ^^; I'll never be able to look at her the same way now.

A Sachiko figure would've been an insta-buy for me, or even...

A container of red slime named Mayu

... Couldn't help that one. Could make a Corpse Party diorama! :D

15. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

Eh... I'll just take the PC game. Thats what introduced me to Corpse Party (by accident). I didn;t like the 3DS port. It took out camera tricks that were in the PSP version (like you cant see the chalk bored being written on in the 3DS ver) and the 3D effect is non-existent and was a useless feature like how it was in Pokemon XY. The remixed tracks are nice though.

Question, it looks like the 3DS icon was changed to Ayumi. WHat was the cause of this change? In the Japanese version it was a doll.

16. Wyrdwad

It still is! And it's funny you should ask about that, as it just came up on Friday. In the past, we've never featured the 3DS icon on the spine of the game box (which is what I assume you're referring to), but rather used something different for variety (see: every 3DS game we've released to date), and thus far, there's never been a problem with that. But in the case of Corpse Party 3DS, MAGES. actually took notice of the fact that we were using a different image on the spine of the game box, and asked us to change it to the doll so it matches with the game icon. So that box image you're seeing is indeed not 100% final, as of this past Friday: the icon image on the spine of the box will be changed to the antique doll for the game's actual release.

-Tom

Saron likes this.
  17. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

Yeah, I have a bit of an "Eagle Eye" for these things when it comes to detail. People called me crazy about the audio for the opening movie for Blood Drive sounding off until more started to realize it was true. I think its a curse x__x

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Wow it's 22 on the best sellers on Amazon! Impressive :)

I'm waiting on in-store GS copies...

19. destiny13777

destiny13777 New Member

I just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to this! I'm going to pre-order at gamestop when that goes up but thanks again for all the great games! The first Corpse Party game is my favorite one and to finally own it physically is great!

It's at #3 now which is pretty great! I was wondering how well it would sell since I always see Blood Drive discounted these days but it seems to be doing fine.

20. Hydrangea

Hydrangea New Member

Looks like it's up in some places already!

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878174031&ignorebbr=1

GameStop: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/corpse-party-back-to-school-edition/130335

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Corpse-Party-Back-School-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B01EFT6ODS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461809629&sr=8-1&keywords=corpse+party

Now to wait on Best Buy...