Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by YonderVittles, Aug 23, 2016.

1. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

I'm guess we would have to wait for all the chapters to release, unless the per chapter is suitable like what MangaGamer did for Higurashi and (kind of) Umineko. Tom, would XSEED considering releasing it by chapter?

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

We consider a lot of things. ;)

-Tom

3. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

I wish this was an action horror game like Resident Evil 4

4. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

But then it wouldn't be Corpse Party...

5. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

Sure it would

The original was a RPG

6. BachU8

BachU8 New Member

That joke isn't funny, dude.

7. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

What joke?

I liked Resident Evil 4...

I hated the PC/PSP/3DS/Vita Corpse Party games because they didn't have any action in them

I did like the very first Corpse Party game for the PC-98

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  8. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Corpse Party with action like that, though, would no longer be Corpse Party.

You may have disliked the games for their lack of action, but for a lot of us, that was one of their selling points. We appreciated the more story-heavy approach, and felt that the lack of action helped define the game's pacing and make things infinitely creepier.

In fact, all my favorite horror games lack action (Clock Tower, for example). I just find that when you're able to fight back against the horrors encroaching upon you, games lose a bit of their edge. Honestly, even Corpse Party: Blood Drive had too much action for the series IMHO, and felt significantly less creepy than its predecessors as a result.

-Tom

BachU8 likes this.
  9. JustAnotherNobody

JustAnotherNobody New Member

Okay, first off: Thank you Xseed Games staff for helping me get my account back. Next, holy crap! I thought this game was dead. It's good to see that they are finally continuing it. And now last: I have a feeling that Xseed will hold off on translating it until this game has all of it's chapters. Also, why do I have a feeling that Blood Drive is going to have a remake in a year or two?

10. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Anybody get a chance to play this yet? Excited to give it a shot, currently thinking I might do a run-through of the titles leading up to it.

I do wonder though, has any word been said about further chapters? I wonder if this will even be completed seeing as it's been so long with no word (that I have seen anyways), and I worry if I start and it doesn't that I will be really let down.