Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient (Pc)

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Shizukari, Nov 15, 2013.

1. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

Chapter 2 of Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient is coming this fall.

Sources: http://memoriesoffear.co.vu/post/94765250837/the-voice-acting-girls-rock-band-honeys-comin-are
    http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1403855275

2. AceJ

AceJ New Member

this may be bit of a stupide question but when games like this are made cant there be a translator placed within one of the games folder to automatically translate the game into a specified language

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Are you talking machine translation? If so, try putting some Japanese into Google Translate sometime -- it's not a pretty sight. ;) Asian languages and Germanic languages have wildly different grammatical structures, as well as wildly different ideas about pronoun usage, context, etc. This means that English and Japanese are virtually incompatible languages -- you can't just do a one-to-one translation, as it's going to sound incredibly awkward and often not make any sense at all. You need the human touch to interpret the meaning of the Japanese, then creatively duplicate that meaning in English... and that's beyond the capabilities of even the most sophisticated machines.

Hell, even finding human beings to do it reliably is a crap-shoot. ;)

-Tom

4. Otase

Otase New Member

This game have been far too slow with it's progress to the point i even forgot Dead Patient exists lol...
    maybe they are already regreting the Unity engine they have stick with for it.

5. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

I must say that after the disappointment that Blood Drive was I'm not that hyped for this game anymore.

6. Wyrdwad

Dead Patient is a very different beast from Blood Drive (at least, based on the first chapter). I don't think it's up to par with the creepiness of the original or Book of Shadows, but it still feels like a successor to those games, as opposed to more of a JRPG like Blood Drive. Assuming the subsequent chapters follow suit (and assuming your issues with Blood Drive stem from the game's huge shift in tone and presentation), I think Dead Patient would probably feel a bit like a return to form for you.

-Tom

7. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

I really hope so. As you said, I didn't like the tone and presentation of this game, I mean, the game is not anything I expected. I guess all we are here because of the story of Corpse Party, but this game is not good in my opinion. The series passed from being horror games to being some kind of generic anime plot with unnecessary ecchi, magic girls and no-sense plot. The organization of the chapters is also a problem, there are chapters that last 3 hours and have some gameplay and there are chapters that are just a hour of pure dialogue. I don't know if Mr. Kedouin was in a hurry to finish the game but I sincerely feel that the game could have been much much better.

8. Luphie

Luphie New Member

I had suspected that some people would not like Blood Drive because of its shift in tone in the last third part of the game. They really aimed for the "grand finale". Overall, It wasn't bad imo, just good in different way. I agree that Blood Drive was disappointing as a horror, but it was a really good supernatural shonen visual novel.

I think it's because a lot of people complained about the "lack of gameplay" that they decided to put more RPG element in it (despite it being primarily visual novel). I also initially was not sure whether to like it or not, but slowly got used to it.

Some chapters are longer than others, and they have done this in Book of Shadows. If you're talking about the uneven distribution of the gameplay, I'm with you on this one. But there wasn't really that many reasons to have gameplay whenever the setting was in real world (though the idea of sightseeing the town or Kisaragi Academy was kind of interesting, but that would derail the game from a horror to high school life then).

If there are anything that could've been improved upon, they would be the loading issues, short and uncreative wrong ends, and the ditching of death CGs in favor of animating everything with character sprites, like in Chapter 1 Dead Patient. I missed having a CG collection of corpses, and CGs in BD were not what I had in mind.

9. Otase

Otase New Member

Started doubting how capable 5pb devs can really be after playing Blood Drive seriously (1gb patch at release date was already embarrasing for 5pb)
    i think they really should focus on something that have potential instead of just VN ports and re-releases of it lately, what happened to CP Dead Patient???
    getting the feeling that 5pb devs couldn't deal with it and just failed there.

10. JackkelDragon

JackkelDragon New Member

5pb. has no connection to DEAD PATIENT. DEAD PATIENT is under production by GrindHouse, which is a group of ~4-5 indie developers that also work on other things (Kedwin alone works on the Dolls Fall Manga, the upcoming Dolls Fall game, and is working on the new extra chapters for BR 3DS) and is voiced by a volunteer cast. That's why the 5pb. projects (BloodDrive, BR 3DS, the OVA movie, the live action movie, etc.) have taken priority: those are projects that have the funding and resources of 5pb, and where Team GrisGris has to meet deadlines to keep their contracts. DEAD PATIENT is essentially a hobby game to be done in spare time when the deadlines for 5pb.-funded projects come up.

11. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

That'd definitely explain why its been so very long without really hearing anything about chapter 2, I'd guess?

12. HoleyOne

HoleyOne New Member

Any new news on Dead Patient? New Japanese releases post the first episode or if the game might get a release from XSEED in 2016?

13. Wyrdwad

It's unlikely that we'd work on the game before ALL chapters are complete (or at least announced with firm release dates clean through to the end of the story), so unless development really picks up steam over the next year, I don't see that happening, I'm afraid!

-Tom