Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient (Pc)

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Shizukari, Nov 15, 2013.

1. SavannahBlossom

SavannahBlossom New Member

GrindHouse actually have very little to do with BloodDrive. BloodDrive is 5pb.'s property. GrindHouse is actually busy completely remaking both Chapter 1 of Dead Patient as well as Chapter 2 in its new Unity engine. This is what they're working on at this current point in time.

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

GrisGris/GrindHouse was showing another game at BitSummit, too -- an action platformer. I forget the name, but it looked pretty cool!

Remember, Corpse Party may be what they're best known for, but it's not the only thing they do! They've actually released some pretty nifty old-school-styled platformers before, and it looks like they'll be doing so again in the near future.

-Tom

3. Otase

Otase New Member

Hoping they don't disappoint me with Corpse Party Blood Drive,
    when devs focus on too many projects that doesn't sound good to me, wondering...

4. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Since 5pb takes the lead for Blood Drive and Grind House is focusing on bringin Dead Patient into the Unity Engine besides this other Game they are working on I don't think anybody from both of them are overdoing it. IMO both Games will be made pretty well. And I think the Unity Engine will help out alot to bring Dead Patient to it's best. Maybe it will be better for XSeed aswell, should they ever consider bringin it to the West, since Kira and Enigma had problems with the translation because of some programming limitations. Unity will maybe avoid those problems now. And Blood Drive will be as good as it is suposed to be. There is only one big mind blow. Will they end it with Blood Drive really good or will they mess it up at the end. But I'm looking forward to both Games since I believe they will do the right choices in how both Storys will be completed.

5. Luphie

Luphie New Member

I don't really expect Blood Drive to have a good ending, tbh. A Japanese horror with good ending is rare, and they like to leave everything open ended. That doesn't mean I don't want a happy ending; I really do, but the opening and the first chapter of DP don't seem to indicate a happy ending imo.

I actually kind of want a bilingual option in DP, like you can switch the text back and forth between Japanese and English. It's a good way for me to practice my Japanese at the same time. I wonder if it's possible, though.

6. SavannahBlossom

SavannahBlossom New Member

Although not unheard of, the ability to switch between Japanese and English text in an overseas game is fairly rare. In part due to fears of import purchases cutting into profits for the original company. It's basically a similar mentality as the proponents of region locking who are afraid that being able to freely play games from another region will hurt sales for other regions. Add in a fair dose of xenophobia from people who get weirded out when you can switch to another language with strange symbols (Yes, more people exist with this mentality than you may think) and you have the perfect recipe to cut out Eastern Asian text from Western games. I still think it's fairly sad that Phoenix Wright, a game that already had the ability to switch between English and Japanese in the Japanese DS release actually had the effort put into it to cut it into an English only game in America (though it was multilingual in the European release, but still had the Japanese cut out). But that's how the cookie crumbles. I can't even think of any console games that have the ability to switch to the Japanese text in them, though I'm sure one or two might exist. Plenty of PC console ports have the ability to switch to the Japanese text, oddly enough. (Mega Man X8, Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper, Sonic Generations ... etc. etc.)

7. Luphie

Luphie New Member

@SavannahBlosssom: Yeah, I suppose so. The latest game I've played that featured language text change is Bravely Default, and I love it! There are multilingual options like France, Spanish, etc. It's weird considering 3DS games are region locked, but I think it's nice to have the option regardless. Also, Pokemon now also has multilingual options.

I never knew that the Japanese Ace Attorney has an English option! I'm a big fan of the game myself. Part of the reason that I want multilingual option is to see if the translation is accurate. During the localization process, there might be bits that lost in translation and discovering the changes is quite fun...as long as they don't deviate a lot from the original source *I'm looking at you, Fire Emblem Awakening!*

I played quite a bit PC games and some of them are visual novels, but only a few of them offer bilingual/multilingual options. Understandable since visual novel market here in the US is not as big as in Japan, but it's still growing. I'm glad that Corpse Party is one of the few that makes the cut.

8. Wyrdwad

Hmm? Corpse Party isn't going to be "multilingual," I'm afraid -- the game is programmed in such a way that adding a language-swap feature is pretty much impossible without a ton of reprogramming. It's going to be Japanese voices, English text, just like the PSP version.

Unless you're talking about something different...?

One game that MIGHT offer dual text, however, is Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed. In addition to dual voice, we're trying to add a dual text feature for those who want it, though it's proving somewhat buggy and difficult to QA, so it might not make the final cut.

Still, here's hoping we can pull it off!

-Tom

9. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

Well, speaking about development. Why isn't Team GrisGris/Grinhouse collaborating with 5pb in Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient? I've noticed some things that do differ from games as Book of Shadows or BloodDrive. Like the absence of opening or full voice acting and some other details.

10. Luphie

Luphie New Member

@Wyrdwad: Oh, I mean CP is one of the few visual novels that managed to be localized and released in the States. I was drawing comparison of the visual novel market in here and in Japan. I noticed that my sentence was worded awkwardly; sorry for the confusion!

I'm looking forward to Akiba's Trip though!

@BachBreaker: CP2 is still in development so no opening and voice acting included just yet. Maybe we can expect those things in the full version? Also, I believe Grindhouse IS involved in the development of CP2.

11. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Of course Grindhouse IS involved in the development. It's their own Game. 5PB has nothing to do with it.
    What he meant was why Grindhouse doesn't cooperate with them since 5PB could give them a lot of things to make it even better.

It is all speculation, but

Grindhouse is still a group of indie developers.
    Why should they stop developing on their own and only watch 5PB
    develop their games and cooperate only.

Since they own the Series they can go further (Corpse Party "2")
    Furthermore they can decide what should happen and they have all the freedom
    to do what they want to do with the series.

The reason could be something else but that would be the one that makes the most sense.

12. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

I just think it's the bad impression that 5pb has given to Team GrisGris/Grindhouse. I think they feel that Corpse Party is being overexploited by 5pb with games like Book of Shadows or 2U Sachiko's Birthday. Because as you know, Makoto Kedouin wanted to continue the game immediately with the canceled game Corpse Party 2: Satsuki's Heart. I guess he thinks his saga has not gone the way he would have wanted to continue. With all the remakes that have had the first game: Corpse Party: Rebirth, Corpse Party: New Chapter, Corpse Party: BloodCovered, Corpse Party: BloodCovered... Repeated Fear. I sincerely hope they change their mind with the work that 5pb is doing with BloodDrive. That game really has given me a lot of hype.

13. enigmaopoeia

enigmaopoeia New Member

I'm sorry, BachBreaker, I have to disagree with you on some points.

Makoto Kedouin definitely loved his game, CORPSE-PARTY, but all we know was that Corpse Party 2: Satsuki's Heart was ultimately abandoned. What is interesting is that the composer, Mao Hamamoto, quoted, "I can't stand you anymore, MML. Goodbye and good riddance. And I hope it dies, that rubbish!"

I believe you meant CORPSE PARTY -Rebuilded-. Not to mention that Team GrisGris have actually approved of the fan remake themselves. They were pleased to see it being re-made using a newer RPG Maker system. This game is a remake of the very first PC-98 game.

Team GrisGris had made this themselves because they really wanted to remake CORPSE-PARTY for the latest generation, so they used RPG Maker for Mobile which was popular during that time. They released each chapter episodically.

Seeing as how RPG Maker for Mobile was dying, they couldn't have finished all five chapters of Corpse Party: New Chapter like they wanted. So they decided to port it over to PC and continue the chapter-by-chapter approach as Corpse Party BloodCovered. They enhanced the mobile version by making larger maps, more dialogue, etc. Due to the success of the PC game, 5pb. approached them and they were able to finish all five chapters in the PSP. Then after the success of the PSP version, they decided to finalize the final fifth chapter in the PC version.

14. Aethix

Aethix New Member

I doubt this highly. Consider that Tooth is included as a bonus chapter in the PC version and that Makoto Kedouin himself wrote chapter 8 of Corpse Party 2U. Those do not sound like things that would have happened if Kedouin and Team GrisGris had not been on board with those two games.

15. Wyrdwad

Yeah, if anything, I think the involvement of 5pb/Mages was probably a huge boon to Kedouin and Team GrisGris/GrindHouse. The amount of exposure Corpse Party received as a result of this collaboration is staggering, and Kedouin himself retained creative control throughout the whole ordeal. Suddenly, this indie developer was working with some of the biggest seiyuu in the industry and one of the biggest otaku media distributors out there -- what's not to love about that?

(Besides which, 5pb/Mages is an awesome, awesome company. Seriously. I've said before that they were far and away the easiest company to work with from a localization standpoint, but they're also just plain among the most sociable and chill companies we've ever dealt with from a business standpoint too. There's no way they'd cramp anyone's style.)

-Tom

16. mentobento

mentobento New Member

Maybe because there's a rumor that Team GrisGris will not work with 5pb on future Corpse Party games.So that's why he thinks Team GrisGris is having a bad experience with 5pb?

17. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

5PB was in charge for the Heavenly Host Series.
    And since it will be the last titel of that series 5PBs work on corpse party will end also.

GrindHouse will just continue with their own series of corpse party games again on PC with the unity engine.

18. Wyrdwad

I wouldn't be surprised if they worked with 5pb again, though, for a Vita port of Corpse Party 2. Considering how similar the engines of Dead Patient and Blood Drive seem to be, it feels like it's almost inevitable.

-Tom

19. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Yeah that has a good chance to happen.
    Maybe when they have finished all chapters of Dead Patient
    they probably ask 5pb for a PSVita port
    provided that we fans want it enough
    so that they think about it.

20. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

That's just what I was going to ask. If Team Gris/Gris was so well with 5pb, why they are not collaborating now? But now that I think better I think there is a high chance of that happening again.