Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient Coming in the Fall

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by AttentionDeficitGuy, May 22, 2018.

1. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

You were half correct, actually, in your assessment: the game isn't in development hell, but it IS incomplete. Only chapter 1 and one single Extra Chapter have been completed at this point, but chapter 2 is very much still in development, and our intention is to publish the entire game whenever it's finished -- and in the meantime, we plan to publish each chapter as Team GrisGris completes it.

The exact details on how this is all going to work will be explained as we... erm... figure it all out ourselves. Since we've never really done anything like this before. We just figured there was no reason to keep you guys from playing ANY of the game simply because it's not ALL ready to go yet.

-Tom

3. AttentionDeficitGuy

Ah - good to know! Doing a little research it looks like the last status the game was in that I remember (only the first chapter being done) had been the thing for several years, but they released an updated version of the first chapter last year (which I assume is what you guys are working with?). So yeah, out of development hell confirmed! (I mean besides you just SAYING that it is, you guys have obviously been talking with GrisGris and I have not)

4. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Very excited by this announcement, can't say I didn't expect it eventually though! :p

5. Wyrdwad

Ah, yes, this is based on Dead Patient NEUES;, so it's going to be fully up-to-date with the Japanese release!

-Tom

6. Cqef

Cqef Member

Welp I guess I'll need to play Blood Drive before this one... not too hot on needing to unbury my Vita though.
    It really would be swell if you had plans to port Blood Drive on PC.

7. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

I am pretty excited for this release Tom! It's cool to see you guys releasing it episodically.

Are you working on this as translator and editor?

8. Wyrdwad

Editor, yes. Translator, not this time! As with Blood Drive, I've been busy working on another (as-of-yet unannounced) project, so the translation was assigned to someone else. I'm just about ready to start editing it, though!

...How many Zs are in "hospital" again? ;)

-Tom

9. AttentionDeficitGuy

10. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Well, I guess it worked for RE Rev 2. I'll probably wait for the whole thing before jumping in, cause I watched way too many streams of the first chapter when it first came out, haha.

11. Wyrdwad

Ah, but are you talking when regular Dead Patient first came out, or when Dead Patient NEUES; first came out? Because the NEUES version is actually *quite* different! Same base story, but a lot of the individual events that occur have been completely changed.

-Tom

12. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Ah, well I don't think I've seen it since the update. I still think I'd prefer waiting for the whole thing though, because even if they've said they're back to working on it, that was one hell of a delay. When the entirety of it comes out, you know I'll clear my calendar of whatever is happening at the time. Corpse Party, best party!

13. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Will this game have it's own separate story, or will I need to play the other games to be able to enjoy it? I played Corpse Party on Steam, but haven't played the others and it sounds like reviews have been mixed on those two.

14. Wyrdwad

Well, first of all, you should totally play at least Book of Shadows! That game doesn't get nearly enough credit, but is honestly a really great followup to Corpse Party that's IMHO very nearly as good as the original, and its ending is pretty great. In fact, its ending is SO great that you'll almost have to play Blood Drive when you're done, since it ends on a cliffhanger. ;) And Blood Drive is interesting as well, though there are aspects of where the story went that I felt worked against the game's horror roots a bit. If you can get past that, however, it's cool to see the game's locations rendered in 3D, and has its fair share of very memorable moments that make it very much worth checking out.

That ALL having been said, though... Dead Patient basically starts a new storyline, with new characters. Yes, it opens with a cryptic scene of Ayumi and Yoshiki that's supposed to be a followup to events from Blood Drive, but you have to remember, that scene was actually written (and seen by Japanese players) BEFORE Blood Drive was released -- because yeah, Dead Patient chapter 1 came out in Japan before Blood Drive, believe it or not! So even fans weren't expected to have seen the events leading up to Dead Patient prior to playing Dead Patient. ;)

So you will absolutely be A-OK jumping in with this game. Unlike previous titles, it neither spoils what came before if you haven't played it, nor does it require foreknowledge of what came before. You wouldn't necessarily even have to have played the first Corpse Party to jump into Dead Patient!

-Tom

15. Trails of Persona

Good to know about Corpse Party 2. As for the other games, I'll make sure to get those sometime in the near future. I was already interested somewhat after the first game to see what happens next, but your recommendation convinced me. Also, always want to buy any games you guys localize that interest me even a little to give what little support I can. Still super happy that you guys brought both Zwei games over, and I'm looking forward to some of your future releases later this year.

Just to make sure, I believe both Book of Shadows and Blood Drive are available on the Vita PS Store?

16. Wyrdwad

I'd like to say yes, but we've had a few problems with our PSP games becoming randomly unavailable/unplayable via PSN on Vita in the last year or two, so I can't 100% vouch that Book of Shadows will be available on/downloadable from the Vita PSN. It absolutely *should* be, though, so if you have any issues, please let me know right away and we'll get it fixed up as soon as possible.

Blood Drive is definitely good to go, though.

-Tom

17. Trails of Persona

Just got onto the PS Store and Book of Shadows and Blood Drive is currently downloading, so no problems there. Thank you.

18. Wyrdwad

Awesome! Remember to load your save-data from the first Corpse Party into Book of Shadows before you start the game in earnest, BTW (assuming you played the first game in PSP on your Vita, anyway), as doing so allows you to play chapter 8 as soon as you beat chapters 1-7. If you don't have save-data from the first game, or can't load it on Vita for some reason, then you'll have to beat chapters 1-7 *and* get all the Wrong Ends in chapters 1-7 before chapter 8 will unlock.

Just a protip! Because you definitely won't want to miss chapter 8 -- it's pretty great.

-Tom

19. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Gintoki likes this.