Corpse Part Pc Is Getting Released In 2014 By Xseed!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Shizukari, Jun 5, 2014.

1. KawaiiSara

KawaiiSara New Member

The developers don't get to choose how many cards drop; it's actually indeed based on roughly half of the total cards per game. Games can have basically as many or as few cards as they want as long as it's at least 5 or so.
    It is possible to get random booster packs for games you've already gotten all of your cards for, though, which can allow for getting badges for free without trading, given lots of time and lots of luck.

2. Theswweet

Theswweet Active Member

Unrelated to the current discussion... is there any ETA for the Linux release?

Also, might not be the right person to ask, but are any of XSEED's other upcoming PC releases targeting a Linux release as well? I'm guessing Xanadu Next isn't likely, but is there any hope for either Shinovi Versus or Little King's Story HD?

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

I'll let Sara address the Linux release, as I'm not really sure when that's slated to come.

Xanadu Next is probably a no, I'm assuming, but I'm not really sure. Again, I'll leave that to Sara to address.

Both Shinovi Versus and LKS, though, are out of Sara's jurisdiction, since they're being ported by other companies altogether. And as they're being ported by Japanese companies, I think the likelihood of Linux releases is slim to none -- Linux is not widely used in Japan, so Japanese developers rarely, if ever, support it.

-Tom

4. Wyrdwad

Speaking of Sara, though, she wrote up a blog about her work on Corpse Party PC! Check it out:

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/143762369655/corpse-party-pc-programming-blog

-Tom

5. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Technically, the game holds up well. No crashes, or odd glitches.

The only real issue I had was where the game hasthe auto-advancing text in some scenes with voices. I was using the default text speed, but the voice files were playing back to back without pausing for the text to finish. I didn’t notice this issue in the early chapters, only primarily in Chapter 5 and Tooth, where you’d have characters having exchanges and back and forths, sound effects… but the text box hadn’t kept up. So the entire audio of the scene will have played, which may have included four or five back and forths complete with sound effects, but the text boxes and visual action may have still been on the first or second box.

6. Luphie

Luphie New Member

Someone encountered glitches and posted it on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HeavenlyHost/comments/4hz33i/glitches_in_the_new_pc_version/

7. Wyrdwad

Don't all characters share the same inventory in chapter 5? Pretty sure that's working as intended, though I might be remembering incorrectly...

-Tom

8. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

After a certain point the inventory gets shared iirc. However there are a number of script issues regarding flag events, where characters make references to events having happened that you didn't trigger the flag for.

Namely in any ending where Ayumi or Yoshiki are the only survivor on their side after the Science lab, they make reference to having read the research notes on Darkening even if you haven't read them. I did 4 variations of the Science lab scene, each time with the same outcome of referencing unread documents. Also, if you read 4 of Naho's journal entries, then play to the end of the route, Ayumi will make mention of the blood vanishing from the pages after talking to Naho... even tho you skipped that event entirely.

Bad End searching in Chapter 5 and the oddities you find!

9. Wyrdwad

Hmmm. I do know chapter 5 had some particularly harrowing scripting issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if those were holdovers from the original Japanese -- but they may still be fixable, so I'll pass the information along to Sara and see what she can do with it.

Thanks!

-Tom

10. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

No problem, I remember some oddities from the PSP version which is why I didn't mention them in my initial feedback, just put it down to the source material. But since someone else had raised it, thought I'd mention some specific instances. The auto-advance audio vs default speed text box in the later stages was more of an issue in my mind, since it kind of ruins the moment
    with the argument leading up to Kizami kicking his schoolmate's corpse down the stairs, since it affects both when its experienced from Tohka's and Kizami's points of view of the scene, with a couple of lesser instances throughout the late stages of the game.
    Not sure if thats something Sara can do anything about tho.

11. Wyrdwad

That particular issue has been a thorn in our side for some time, especially in Tooth. I believe it actually has been considerably improved from the original Japanese already -- but further tweaking may be possible, too. Worth looking into, at least.

-Tom