Corpse Part Pc Is Getting Released In 2014 By Xseed!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Shizukari, Jun 5, 2014.

1. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

I think the skip function on the 3DS ver is fine the way it is. Yes not as fast as the PC ver but still beats button mashing and still faster than that too.

2. SavannahBlossom

SavannahBlossom New Member

http://steamcommunity.com/app/251270/discussions/0/364039785167519831/

New typos have been reported, including a name change for our dear Principal Yanagihori.

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Wow. So the additional typos in the credits aren't a huge surprise -- I really dropped the ball on that -- but the "Yanagihore" thing definitely is, because (1) it's a pretty obvious typo that literally everyone who played the game on our end missed, (2) it should've been caught by spellcheck (seriously, how did that slip through?!), and (3) it's also present in the PSP and 3DS versions of the game, and is too late to fix in either (3DS has gone to master already). Oops!

It can definitely be fixed for the PC version, but you handhelders are out of luck, it seems. Sorry about that!

-Tom

4. lail

lail Well-Known Member

Controller configuration out of question for PC version - or did I miss it somehow? I'm not really a fan of default setting (playing with Logitech gamepad).

5. Wyrdwad

It's coming later. The game is a bit of a technical web, so Sara wasn't able to get controller configuration in for launch.

-Tom

6. KawaiiSara

KawaiiSara New Member

In the meanwhile, you can modify it directly via the INI. For a DirectInput controller you want the AcceptButtonD and CancelButtonD options, and for an XInput controller, you want the AcceptButtonX and CancelButtonX options.

7. ShikouNagakura

So question, why is "Sachi" still in the game? SHouldn't it be "Sachiko"? Isn't this one of the things the blog about Blood Drive was talking about because there is already an existing character with the same name that will cause confusion?

8. Wyrdwad

That was a conscious decision.

The Japanese there is "Sacchan," meaning it's a pet name Yoshie has for her daughter -- so "Sachiko" would almost sound too formal. "Sachi" makes sense as a natural English equivalent, so the ONLY reason to change it is because it might create some confusion with Blood Drive.

But if you consider how the name "Sachi" came to be in Blood Drive -- that it was given to the character on the fly by the main cast in order to differentiate her from Sachiko (and Yoshie pretty much didn't even know Sachi survived, nor did she ever once refer to her by the name Sachi) -- it makes sense that to Yoshie, "Sachi" and "Sachiko" refer to the same person.

In other words, there's not actually any in-universe conflict with having "Sachi" refer to Sachiko when spoken by Yoshie, but refer to Sachi when spoken by the main cast.

So for the sake of maintaining parity with the PSP translation, we've decided not to change this.

-Tom

9. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Having gotten to that portion of Blood Drive, it did bewilder me since playing through Corpse Party PC reaffirmed what I remembered from the PSP version having used the name Sachi previously. I had put it down to the Blood Drive writers dropping the ball with narrative inconsistencies between Blood Covered and Blood Drive again.

The other being of course how much space in a shopping bag Mayu would take up, since the amount of remains splattered everywhere in Blood Drive when Morishige collected her up was far less than what there was when people were elbow deep in her in Blood Covered. Particularly when you see how full (not) the bag is in the final CG of that EX Chapter.

The GOG store page is interesting with the scene it has as its backdrop, since it didn’t turn up in the handheld versions until Blood Drive. I’m guessing that it is part of the different content of either Chapter 5 or the new EX chapter. Luckily I’d played the Blood Drive depiction of the scene a couple of days before the store front went up, so it was just surprising to see it as the visual selling point of the game.

10. Wyrdwad

Actually, I have no idea where GOG got that backdrop. That scene is not in the game at all, and I don't know that it's a great idea to be using it on the GOG page.

We should probably let them know! Thanks for saying something.

EDIT: OK, just checked, and apparently that image came straight from Team GrisGris, provided by them specifically to be used on the store page. Not sure why they picked that image, of all things, but... hey, if they provided it, then I guess it is kosher to use... and if it's what they want, then so be it!

I guess if nothing else, it's eye-catching -- and even if that scene isn't present in the game, it certainly captures the right feel!

-Tom

11. ShikouNagakura

So what are these wallpapers, avatars, and artwork GOG is advertising? I bought the game from Steam when it came out and didn't get anything. Are these GOG exclusive? I hear people talking about some wallpapers on steam and asked the community what they were but no one responded.

https://www.gog.com/game/corpse_party

12. Wyrdwad

I think Steam has the wallpapers, avatars, etc. too, but I'm not sure. Some of it may be the same as the Steam trading cards we have on offer for this game.

Either way, it's sort of standard for GOG to offer these things, just as it's standard for Steam games to offer achievements and trading cards. We just supplied 'em with what they asked for. ;)

-Tom

13. ShikouNagakura

I see, Im not sure how to get the wallpapers on Steam. I did get a few trading cards but Im not sure what to do with them. I remember getting some in the past with other games but they just go away so Im worried of losing the ones I currently have.

(Even though I've been a Steam user for maybe half a year I still dont know the ins and outs so sorry if these questions sound dumb x_x)

14. Catasplurge

Catasplurge Member

You have to get every card that a game has and craft it into a badge which gives you a random wallpaper and emoticon from it's list. You only get about half of the total cards from playing the game, so you either need to trade or buy them on the steam market or hope that you get a booster pack for that game, which is a thing randomly given to people when another user crafts a badge. I'm not really sure what you're talking about when you say they go away. Maybe you turned them into gems which is a thing they introduced recently? (a thing I'm not entirely sure what they do myself)

15. Wyrdwad

Honestly, I don't know much about the system either, personally. When I play games, I just want to play games -- I don't even want achievements or trophies, and I typically disable them whenever possible. I truly am a curmudgeon. ;)

As a result, my knowledge of Steam and GOG extras is pretty limited. The only thing I tend to actually care about is when a game's soundtrack is included -- which is something we weren't able to do this time around, though I do believe the soundtrack exists in the game's files as just straight-up WAVs, so those who are able to dig through the game install should be able to find it easily enough. (I may be wrong on this, though, as I think Sara may have compiled the game's files into a series of volumes when she converted it to C++. But I'm like, 60% sure the music WAVs are still in there somewhere.)

-Tom

16. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

I picked up the Steam version first before someone mentioned it being on GOG too, at which point I grabbed it since it had the Avatars, Wallpapers and pics straight from the box (so to speak)

I’ve got Steam trading cards going back a number of years (got one for that Indie Oneechanbara-like game that just came out on the PS4 recently) and haven’t lost any… haven’t done anything with them either tbh. :p

But interesting to find out theres actually a use for them to get things!

EDIT: And thanks for finding out the story behind the GOG backdrop! Interesting that they got it directly from GrisGris. Its a really nice piece.

17. enigmaopoeia

enigmaopoeia New Member

(NOTE: If the Mods have a problem with this post, let me know and I'll delete the links.)

Here are the contents. Most of these images are from Sakuya Kamishiro's Twitter, the official Corpse Party BloodCovered site, and their blog:

ARTWORKS:
    • Corpse_Party_000.png = Cover of Corpse Party BloodCovered 5 from here, but textless.
    • Corpse_Party_001.png = Satoshi, Yuka, and Kizami from Corpse Party BloodCovered 1+2+3 Limited Edition from here.
    • Corpse_Party_002.png = Shimada from here, but textless. (Note: This was posted on their website, but is now gone.)
    • Corpse_Party_003.png = Mayu and Yuka from here, but now full bodied.
    • Corpse_Party_004.png = Cover of Corpse Party BloodCovered 4 from here.
    • Corpse_Party_005.png = Kizami from here, but now in full color.
    • Corpse_Party_006.png = Young Kizami from here.
    • Corpse_Party_007.png = Kizami from here. (Note: I can't find the image from the blog, so I uploaded my own personal save of it.)
    • Corpse_Party_008.png = Seiko and Naomi from here, but now textless.
    • Corpse_Party_009.png = Shimada from here.
    • Corpse_Party_010.png = Shimoda from here, but now textless.
    • Corpse_Party_011.png = Shimada from here.
    • Corpse_Party_012.png = Cover of Corpse Party BloodCovered Vol. 2 OST from here, but now textless.
    • Corpse_Party_013.png = Ayumi from here.
    • Corpse_Party_014.png = Seiko from here, but now textless.
    • Corpse_Party_015.png = Morishige and Mayu from here.
    • Corpse_Party_016.png = Kizami from here.
    • avatar_corpse_party_1.jpg = Mayu and Yuka from here.
    • avatar_corpse_party_2.jpg = Young Kizami from here.
    • avatar_corpse_party_3.jpg = Shimoda from here, but now textless.
    • avatar_corpse_party_4.jpg = Ayumi from here.
    • avatar_corpse_party_5.jpg = Kizami from here, but now in full color.
    • avatar_corpse_party_6.jpg = Shimada from here.
    • avatar_corpse_party_7.jpg = Seiko from here, but now textless.
    WALLPAPERS:
    • wallpaper_corpse_party_1920x1080.jpg = Young Kizami from here.
    • wallpaper2_corpse_party_1920x1080.jpg = Shimada from here.
    • wallpaper3_corpse_party_1920x1080.jpg = Morishige and Mayu from here.
    Do note not all of the images above look exactly like those shown in the links. For example: There are some slight variations such as the artwork of Ayumi now has a blue background. Some are in full color, like the image of Kizami I mentioned above. Also the GOG images are higher quality and are now textless, like the Shimoda image doesn't have "SAMPLE" on it. Since these all came from the artist herself.

18. Lvys

Lvys New Member

You only get like half the trading cards needed to craft a badge (once you craft a badge it gets displayed in your profile, and you get a random chat icon and profile background from the game) by playing the game. For the other half you have to trade for them or buy in the market.
    I usually sell all the card drops I get in any games in the market to further fund more videogames. It really adds up.

19. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

Chapter 4 Wrong Endings SOS
    Having trouble snagging a couple of them, can anybody point out what I'm doing wrong... ?
    I know you get one for looking into Ghosty McGhosterton's eyes. I know two are Pool related. The other two are supposed to be with the student in the Infirmary, right? So far I've tried multiple combos of...

Answering / Not answering Naomi's Cell.
    Letting Naomi die.
    Triggering the earthquake.
    Picking up / Not picking up Seiko's Cell.

Then I speak with Tohko ( ? ), she freaks out and takes a few steps back. At this point I've tried immediately talking with her again, or leaving the Infirmary and coming back to speak with her again. All that happens is she repeats "I don't want to die... " over and over. She never asks if I intend to kill her.
    Any ideas what I'm missing?

Edit: Got some help from the Steam Forum...
    ... hadn't triggered the event with the moving purple light in one of the classrooms. Both walkthroughs I had checked online before asking for help, neither one mentioned the classroom. Whoops!

20. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

I only wish that was true. You get three random cards for the game, which in my case consisted of a double up, so I've still got another 4 cards out of 6 to get. Interestingly, I checked through my list of games I can get badges for, and it looks like for the majority if I luck out with the drops I'd actually get enough to have all the cards just from purchasing the game.