Corpse Part Pc Is Getting Released In 2014 By Xseed!

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Shizukari, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Just announced on their E3 2014 PR.

2. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

Question for Tom : When you going to release Corpse Party on PC now are you going to put it on steam or how do you guys gonna sell it ?

3. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

PC pretty much always equals Steam. I don't think there's really another option for XSEED.

4. PalInd

PalInd New Member

Oh YES.

I've been DYING to play Corpse Party. It's just that... well my credit card isn't going to like me if it comes out near TitS' release date.

5. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Very nice! I'll finally be able to recommend this to people! (you know, since none of my friends have PSPs/Vitas) So is this basically just the PSP version but on PC, or is it better/worse/different?

6. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I actually just looked this up myself, lol, and there are some differences. Looks like Tom made a comment on Siliconera about the differences, so copy-paste, go!

7. VongolaGearX

VongolaGearX Member

i hope it does good so dead patient has a chance of happening

8. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I was going to pass up on the PC version because I knew the PSP version was better on a technical level, but the comments he had may have convinced me to double dip on the new one. Unsurprisingly, the Kizami statement in particular intrigues me. :p

9. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

You can consider that those 2 Versions are really unique.
    The PC Version is more of an Indie Horror Game since it was made only by 4 people.
    The PSP Version was later made by 5pb which has unlimited resources and tons of staff on their team.

So you could put the PC Vs PSP comparison to Indie Vs Professional.
    Both games are worth to be played.

10. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

...Well damn it I am double dipping, and I am going to make sure the BF plays it too;. X3

11. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I'm getting a new PC tomorrow (most of you must remember that I have a toaster of a PC up until now), I can't wait to play more PC-exclusive games.

12. enigmaopoeia

enigmaopoeia New Member

I'm amazed that Wyrdwad mentioned that Kizami's PC voice actor as being "SO DIFFERENT from his PSP voice". When I was streaming the PC version for some fans, I have to constantly remind them that wasn't Tomokazu Sugita voicing him because they were dead set Sugita DID reprise his role as Kizami.

If anything, the biggest voice change from PSP to PC is Ayumi Shinozaki. The fans at the stream were surprised to hear a very high-pitched voice, due to that is the author's original vision of her voice. (That's why Ayumi was voiced by Rie Kugimiya in the Drama CDs.)

However, in the end, I would chalk it up to personal opinion between Wyrdwad and I.

13. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

The voice itself isn't that different between the two Kizamis, but the acting absolutely is. The two actors have such different interpretations of the characters, and it's almost amazing how well they both work.

As far as voice itself goes, though, Ayumi is indeed probably the biggest difference. I personally like her PSP voice a little better, but the actress for the PC version does an outstanding job with the character -- she's clearly a professional-grade actress.

-Tom

14. manywelps

manywelps New Member

PC? I'm in.

15. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

Uwa, I'm kinda confused now as which one to get. On one hand this is another Japanese release on Steam to which I will have to support. But I also kinda want the best experience possible. Maybe I can buy the PC version and play that, then buy the PSP version if it's ever on sale and play that one. hmm...

16. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

I would suggest you play the PSP version first if you can.
    But you can play the PC version first anyway if you want to.

17. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

If it's a toss-up, I'd say make the PSP version your first experience, if only for the binaural 3D audio (just be sure to play with headphones!).

But don't let that stop you from ALSO playing the PC version. ;)

-Tom

18. HoleyOne

HoleyOne New Member

I know I'm going to be checking out CP when it comes to PC - loved the PSP game alot. It's too bad it didn't get some sort of limited physical release with a soundtrack - I found the OST phenonmenal like with a lot of your other games :)

19. MasterNemesis

MasterNemesis New Member

The binaural 3D audio is awesome ^^ I really looking forward to what they do with it in Blood Drive :D

And I play the PC for sure.
    Since I never thought it to be localized and now it will, why not taking this opportunity :)

20. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Wait, does that mean the PC version does NOT have the binaural audio? LAAAAAAAME! The audio design is one of my favorite things about Corpse Party!

(note that this does not in any way change the chances of me purchasing the PC release from its current 100% rate)