Completed Games / Backloggery Topic!

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Shizukari, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Do you have trouble with the seasonal shift, @DustyStarr ? (I do. My brain tries to shut down for winter, like it thinks I'm a bear. I could barely feed myself last winter...I woke up exhausted, I always felt like my brain was filled with cement...it was gross. And it's somewhat started up again, though not as bad yet, maybe because I've been exercising, stretching, and using my daylight lamp, but still, it tends to start around late October and get worse as the daylight gets shorter, it seems.) Or is it centred around your birthday only? If seasonal issues are a part of it...

I don't know if you like to play this genre, but for me, in gaming, life sims that allow you to do things like farming, gardening or building contribute to a sense of...not being dead. I'm not sure how to describe it. Dragon Quest Builders, any Bokumono game, Animal Crossing...maybe even The Sims. The only game of this type I see on your list is Stardew Valley, so probably this is not a genre you prefer. But that's my favourite in winter for sure...they take my mind of winter and let me live somewhere sunny with growing things. Sort of. :) Exploration games with gorgeous scenery probably come after that.

I completed DQB2 months ago but I'm gonna play it again. It's probably going to occupy my December, and I really hope that RF4S will be able to occupy at least some of my January...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

It is a seasonal thing for me, my birthday is just a small factor but adds to my anxiety some. And the seasonal combined with me going from working mornings to working nights and having a pretty bad sleep schedule has given me very little daylight, which is probably compounding it. An interesting suggestion though, that can work for me. Last year I played a lot of Stardew during the Winter, and it is often when I go back to my town in Animal Crossing. Shame Rune Factory 4 Special is not out yet.

Kikki likes this.
  3. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I played the first episode (Cinderella and Red Riding Hood) of Taisho x Alice on the 28th-29th of November. It was quite good, and knowing that those two are the simplest and most self-contained routes, and that the underlying story starts to entwine and get complicated after this, makes me really want to play the rest. I hope it sells well enough to get Primula to localize the rest. So far all the reviews are really positive, at least, but it's a high price for a Steam game that is, in fact, only 1/4 of a game. (There are 5 other routes in the other episodes.)

That's 23 games in 2019. Not sure if I'll be completing anything else. Yesterday was the last day that any of the games I'm interested in were on sale, so I picked up Caligula: Overdose, and Torchlight II (on a whim, because it reminds me of FATE), but I don't anticipate finishing either of them before the year ends, as I'm focusing on winter-survival games from now until March.

Currently toying idly with Warp Shift, which is a casual puzzle game, so I think I will probably finish it before the end of the year. I'd like to have a nice, round 24, so I'll aim to finish it.