Completed Games / Backloggery Topic!

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by Shizukari, Oct 27, 2013.

1. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Anarchy Reigns
    Metal Gear Rising
    Tactics Ogre LUCT
    FFT
    Gen of Chaos: Pandora Ref
    Black Rock Shooter
    Ni No Kuni
    Mamorukun Curse
    Psychic Force 2012
    Chaos Code
    Etrian Odyssey 4
    Project x Zone
    Animal Crossing(?)
    SMT4
    Rune Factory 4
    Senran Kagura Burst
    Disgaea D2
    Guided Fate Paradox
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Dat Miku Gayme

might be forgetting something

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Ico (HD)
    Pokemon White
    Shadow of the Colossus (HD)
    Metroid Fusion
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
    Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
    Pokemon Trozei!
    Pokemon White 2
    Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
    Find Mii!
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
    Super Mario 64 DS
    Fire Emblem 7 (Hector Hard Mode)
    Mega Man
    Rayman Origins
    Find Mii! II
    Kid Icarus: Uprising
    Virtue's Last Reward
    Pokemon Y
    Dead Rising
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Alright, another game beaten. :3 I actually managed to go through this one pretty fast, all things considered. Technically I am not at 100% though, I still have a few Heart Pieces to find, I need to go through the treacherous tower about two more times, and... well actually I think that is really about all that I have left to do. :3 It's not an extremely long game, especially for Zelda standards, but then again the handheld ones are never that long, and really, games like the first three are pretty quick when you factor out the time spent being lost or redoing portions. Though, speaking of length, maybe it was just me, but did the game world seem smaller than it was in ALttP? Maybe you just move faster, but it really did feel smaller.

Anyways, to ramble on a little, I really enjoyed the game! :3 It kinda brought back some of that classic Zelda flair that I used to enjoy when I was younger, though also changed things up a bit in some small, but nice ways. A lot of the music was remixes, but they were enjoyable ones, and most of the original music was also really good. And while the story was not super present, I really liked a lot of the small touches they added in. Lorule feels like such a... real place. The world had an interesting history, and for a Zelda game, it was interesting to see what is basically a post apocalyptic setting. Hilda's character, while honestly kinda cliched, was still interesting. The main villain's motivation was also a very refreshing change from the tried and true Zelda formula.

Mmm... there is a lot I can talk about, but I really do not want to engage in spoiler-y talk for the people who have not finished the game, though I can say that the twist at the end (people who beat the game know which one I mean) really caught me off guard, and I liked it. :3

Overall, it was a pretty dang good game. :3 My faults would be the easy difficulty, sorta small feeling dungeons, and small overworld in general. I suppose length COULD go there, but I am not really disappointed by it, though I wish the dungeons were longer (then again, with no quick save feature, which IS annoying, long dungeons would be kinda annoying too).

Anyways, ramble over. :3 Glad I started this game, I could barely put it down once I started. X3 But now, time to work on more boring things...

3. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Pikmin 3

I haven't bothered keeping track of how many games I've beaten since the forums came back (I also don't know what all of them are), so who knows what number this is, especially since I beat 35 or so games before the old forums got hacked, and I assume some while they were down. Anyway, Pikmin 3 was... in some ways, it was a step forward, in other ways, a step back. I suppose that's a good way to describe it. It was a good game overall, but definitely not my favorite in the series (that title still belongs to Pikmin 2). I dunno, I can't really go into much detail right now, since I'm still trying to collect my thoughts. But the short version is, like I said, I liked it, but Pikmin 2 is better.

4. DustyStarr

Ico (HD)
    Pokemon White
    Shadow of the Colossus (HD)
    Metroid Fusion
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
    Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
    Pokemon Trozei!
    Pokemon White 2
    Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
    Find Mii!
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
    Super Mario 64 DS
    Fire Emblem 7 (Hector Hard Mode)
    Mega Man
    Rayman Origins
    Find Mii! II
    Kid Icarus: Uprising
    Virtue's Last Reward
    Pokemon Y
    Dead Rising
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Will ramble on it later, it's late. X3

5. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Death Egg Zone :( . I liked Sonic 2, but I prefer Sonic 3 more.

6. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Cleared games:

- Assassins Creed III: Liberation (Vita): platinum trophy;
    - Corpse Party (PSP): all endings and extra chapters;
    - Corpse Party Book of Shadows (PSP): all endings;
    - Ys Seven (PSP): normal difficulty;
    - Atelier Totori Plus (Vita): bad and normal endings;
    - Black Rock Shooter (PSP): normal and true endings;
    - Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection (PSP): all endings;
    - Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (NDS): best ending;
    - Persona 4 Golden (Vita): platinum trophy;
    - Danganronpa (PSP): game END;
    - Ragnarok Odyssey (Vita): platinum trophy;
    - Guacamelee (Vita): platinum trophy;
    - Muramasa Rebirth (Vita): Monohime and Keisuke's first ending;
    - Limbo (Vita): ending, all eggs and DING;
    - Machinarium (Vita): ending w/ 100% trophies;
    - Dragon's Crown (Vita): Fighter ending;
    - Soul Sacrifice (Vita): beat Magusar;
    - The Walking Dead (Vita): platinum trophy + DLC 100%;
    - Pokémon X (3DS): beat E4, Mega Ring upgraded and Looker quests;
    - Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSP): Ayumu, Shidou and Mikami endings;
    - Senran Kagura Burst (3DS): Skirting Shadows cleared;
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS): Campaign cleared;
    - Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (Vita): 100% trophies.

7. kknd2002

kknd2002 Member

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure, good game, sequel bait is not cool and some of the levels are not that fun to play, but it's a good game overall.

PS3:
    Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed II
    Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
    Batman: Arkham City + Harley Quinn's Revenge
    Bioshock 2
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Dead Nation
    Killer is Dead
    Mirror's Edge
    Mugen Souls
    Sleeping Dogs
    Time and Eternity
    Tomb Raider
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    X-Blades

DS:
    Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
    Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles
    Picross DS
    Rooms : The Main Building
    Time Hollow
    Trauma Center: Under the Knife
    Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2

Wii:
    Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Adventure
    Kirby's Dream Land 2
    Okami

Xbox 360:
    Anarchy Reigns
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Borderlands GotY Edition + 4 Expansion packs
    Bulletstorm
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
    Gears of War: Judgment
    Halo 3: ODST
    Halo Reach
    Ikaruga
    King of Fighters XII
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Mushihimesama Futari
    Quantum Theory
    Resident Evil 6
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Turtles in Time Re-Shelled

PSP:
    Metal Gear Ac!d

3DS:
    Aero Porter
    Find Mii
    Find Mii 2
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
    Pushmo
    Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
    Shin Megami Tensei IV

Vita:
    Mortal Kombat
    Rayman Origins (with platinum trophy and everything)
    Welcome Park

Gameboy Advance:
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Yggdra Union (2 endings)

PC:
    Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Wii U:
    New Super Mario Bros. U

Arcades:
    Joe & Mac Returns

8. DustyStarr

Huh? The bosses in the Death Egg Zone were pretty easy. :3 Not exactly forgiving, obviously, but still not very hard. If you want to be extra offensive, you can attack Metal Sonic during some of his attack animations and phase through him unharmed, and in the final battle, you can do a similar thing, attack once, phase through the boss and go behind him, and then attack him one or two more times until he starts moving. Really speeds things up. :3

Anyways, overall I enjoyed the game a lot, probably as much as the first game, though I have a few more issues with this one. I think both games have great music, but overall I prefer the music in this game, it just had a larger amount of great and memorable tracks, especially the boss themes, which I really liked. The levels were longer and had multiple paths and lots of little secrets, but, there were less of them than in Sonic 1, though there were technically more zones this time. The game looked good, sounded good, and played... like Sonic. Both Genesis games have certain pros and cons with how they play. The Spin dash was a REAL welcome addition though. :3

The game can be a bit unforgiving though, with some real jerkish enemy placement, and certain enemies that can attack you offscreen without you ever even seeing that. :/ Evidently, most people do not like Metropolis Zone for this reason.

The special stages were also not as good as the first game's, in my opinion, setting aside the fact that the graphics and colors make my head hurt, they are rather annoying, and Tails is SO DAMN STUPID in them. They weren't absolutely horrible, but still... however, at least they were optional this time.

Overall, I think I like the game about the same as the first. It excels in a number of areas, but it has a few flaws holding it back. Still, it was a very enjoyable game. :3

I am happy, however, that Sonic 3 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles has a save feature, finally.X3

9. KlausRealta

The bosses in the Death Egg Zone weren't too challenging, but maybe it was because of the pressure of almost beating the game, but I lost tons of continues to the Death Egg Robot. Silver Sonic was a cakewalk once I memorized its pattern, but even though I knew how to fight the Death Egg Robot, he still gave me trouble. Good thing I have no incentive to play Knuckles in Sonic 2... fighting that thing as Knuckles seems painful.

Couldn't agree more, but I think Sonic 2 is the superior version overall, if only because of the spin dash which made Sonic more unique as a platformer.

Best feature ever in a Genesis Sonic game! Although, I did enjoy my time trying to get lots of continues and beating Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 in one-go, but it took a lot of attempts.

10. kknd2002

kknd2002 Member

Star Fox 64 3D... love it

PS3:
    Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed II
    Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
    Batman: Arkham City + Harley Quinn's Revenge
    Bioshock 2
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Dead Nation
    Killer is Dead
    Mirror's Edge
    Mugen Souls
    Sleeping Dogs
    Time and Eternity
    Tomb Raider
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    X-Blades

DS:
    Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
    Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles
    Picross DS
    Rooms : The Main Building
    Time Hollow
    Trauma Center: Under the Knife
    Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2

Wii:
    Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Adventure
    Kirby's Dream Land 2
    Okami

Xbox 360:
    Anarchy Reigns
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Borderlands GotY Edition + 4 Expansion packs
    Bulletstorm
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
    Gears of War: Judgment
    Halo 3: ODST
    Halo Reach
    Ikaruga
    King of Fighters XII
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Mushihimesama Futari
    Quantum Theory
    Resident Evil 6
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Turtles in Time Re-Shelled

PSP:
    Metal Gear Ac!d

3DS:
    Aero Porter
    Find Mii
    Find Mii 2
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
    Pushmo
    Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
    Shin Megami Tensei IV
    Star Fox 64 3D

Vita:
    Mortal Kombat
    Rayman Origins (with platinum trophy and everything)
    Welcome Park

Gameboy Advance:
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Yggdra Union (2 endings)

PC:
    Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Wii U:
    New Super Mario Bros. U

Arcades:
    Joe & Mac Returns

11. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Sonic Adventure

Where do I begin... Well, the game was a bit... disappointing... to me. Started off strong with Sonic, whose stages are probably the best, then Tails, who wasn't as good as Sonic, but still enjoyable. Knuckles... I didn't really like them that much. I liked playing as him, but not his stages, if you get me. Amy was boring, the hammer being the only source of fun (and even then, it was only a temporary source of fun), Big... yeah, I hated his stages, E-102 Gamma was, after Sonic and Tails, probably my favorite. I like his controls, and his gimmick (plus the interesting little... twist... at the end of his story).

The overworld (or whatever you want to call Station Square, Mystic Ruins, etc.) I initially didn't like too much, but that was probably because I was unaware of the map that was accessible from the pause screen. I was just confused as to where to go, and the fairy thing wasn't too helpful. Fun fact, I had to look at a guide to figure out where Tails' Workshop was. Fail, much?

The graphics were good (then again, I rarely hate the quality of graphics, and I'm no graphics whoopie), and the soundtrack was pretty good as well (I particularly liked Red Mountain's track), but the voice acting... could have been better. Sonic's voice was alright, Knuckles wasn't too bad, neither was Eggman or Gamma, but that was about it. I especially hated Tikal's voice. My least favorite, hands down.

Overall, as I said, I was disappointed with the game, and the fact that there were some glitches once in a while when I was going through the stage didn't help (I actually died a few times due to glitching through a wall). The camera was positively horrendous at times, and wasn't too good in general. So yeah, not gonna go for 100%. Not sure if I'm gonna get Adventure 2 some time in the future, since I've had someone tell me that Adventure 1 was better, and... well, yeah, wasn't the biggest fan of this game. I've already said this.

12. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

From what little I've seen/played of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, I actually think the second one is better.

13. KlausRealta

I agree with this!

Sonic Adventure 2 seems to me to be more streamlined than Sonic Adventure as there's no overworld nor really gimmicky gameplay styles (except for Knuckles/Rouge, if you could it, since their levels play like Knuckles from SA).

Definitely buy Sonic Adventure 2 since it's a different experience from Sonic Adventure and I feel that it is a good sequel. You especially don't want to miss out on Shadow the Hedgehog's debut! (I didn't care for him...)

14. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I'll have to ask what a certain someone meant when he said only a third of the game was good, then... I'll think about it, in the mean time.

15. KlausRealta

If you liked Sonic and Gamma from Sonic Adventure, then you'll like at least two-thirds of Sonic Adventure 2.

16. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I did, so yay.

(still going to ask him what he meant, though. I'm curious)

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

-------------
    Pokemon Diamond
    Corpse Party
    Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
    Pokemon Pearl
    The Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Anniversary Edition
    Pokemon Dream Radar
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Pokemon White
    Double Dragon Neon
    Sands of Destruction
    New Super Mario Bros U
    Pokemon White 2
    Pokemon Y
    Pokemon Black 2

Almost had this beat a few months ago buuut then Y came out and that took priority :p I was kinda burnt out on BW with playing White, White 2, and then Black 2 in a row, so it was hard to get through >_> I'll prob do a bit of post game to get the shinies and dragon trio like on White 2, but that's about it. Might start it now, I'll see... I do need to start X soon too. I have a deadline of Dec 27th for all of this! :p

18. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Shouldn't your deadline technically be the end of January, or whenever the free trial of Poke Bank ends (I'm assuming it gets released here on December 27th, and that's what that date is for)?

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah, Pokemon Bank comes out by then. I just really want to do it right away and be done with The Project :p ....too bad Shaymin will still be missing >_> But for everyone else, yeah. Then I can finally take pics of my work^^ Technically I won't be DONE DONE until the 3 legendaries come out though.

20. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

You're not alone with needing Shaymin... I think. I need to figure out which of my 4th gen Pokemon are and aren't legit, since I messed around with an AR quite a bit in D/P/Pt.