Cardfight! Vanguard: Lock On Victory! For Nintendo 3Ds

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PkmnChmp5, May 14, 2014.

1. PkmnChmp5

PkmnChmp5 Member

I am a big fan of the Trading Card Game Cardfight!! Vanguard and I have been dying to have a video game of it ever since I discovered it (especially since the closest place to where I live that holds tournaments is about an hour drive). This game is coming out June 6th in Japan, but has not been announced for any other countries.

There was already a CFV game released last year called Cardfight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory!!, but sadly it didn't make it outside of Japan. I know FuRyu is the developer and they are not big on localizing their games, and Bushiroad (creators of CFV) said something about they would try to get it brought over, but nothing has really come of it yet.

Lock on Victory!! seems like a really awesome game and I know A LOT of CFV fans would definitely buy it. Vanguard continues to grow in popularity and a video game could definitely make it grow even more.

So, please XSeed, PLEASE consider bringing this to North America. With the "Year of Localization" going strong this is pretty much the last game on my "dying for" list that isn't coming over here as of right now.

[​IMG]

Wikia Page

Japanese Official Site: http://www.cs.furyu.jp/vanguard-lov/

2. ixiWOLFixi

ixiWOLFixi New Member

I totally agree, however i would say a worldwide release rather than just america as us United Kingdom fans would like it too :D

3. crimsonlionX

crimsonlionX New Member

I fully agree with this thread. I am a huge fan of cardfight vanguard, and I am caught up with the current episodes in japan. I would love for this to come over, and I hope that someone who works at this company who has a hand in localizin games, sees this thread. Cause if we can get senran kagura over here, We can probably get both vanguard games.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Bit of a difference. SK was a show based on the game, and this is a game based on the show and card game, one with no anime english anime to back it up. The next Yu-Gi-Oh! game is only coming out in North America as a digital only title (physical in Europe) and it's been a while since those are seen. Games based on anime don't work as well unless it's Naruto or DBZ. One Piece has only recently been showing a bigger presence here, but it's tough since retailers have openly said that they don't want anime-based games :/

It's still possible to get localized, but not something that I think would be XSEED's territory.

5. PkmnChmp5

PkmnChmp5 Member

There is an english dub of the CFV anime, it just doesn't air on TV, it's exclusive to YouTube.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Interesting. Looks like it's a dub from Singapore that is hosted on Youtube/Hulu via an Aniplex partnership.

Still, unless it gets more mainstream (because it really is amazing how people don't know an anime exists unless it's on cable TV) I don't think we would see this. I am very surprised that even Sword Art Online got localized (and of course, digital only since they see it as a risk already). Toonami is the big factor with having games localized. Attack on Titan is huge, just airing there and for that they are hoping to localize it. Too bad Madoka never made it to Toonami, or else we might just see the Vita game here...

7. PkmnChmp5

PkmnChmp5 Member

You're right, the anime isn't mainstream over here, but the popularity of the card game has been growing pretty fast, at least in NA. The official tournaments always get a really big turnout and the card sets sell pretty good.

The main thing holding CFV back is the fact that most people have just never heard of it. Whenever me and my friends were playing in public somewhere, someone always walked up to us and asked "What are ya'll playin', Yu-Gi-Oh?" because that's what they think all cards are. But when we actually took the time and explained what CFV was to them and showed them how to play a little, they really got into it. I personally have gotten like 4 other people interested in the game, when they had never heard of it before.

This game would be a risk, but I still think it would do alright, and this game being over here could only help the TCG which could then in turn help this game or any future games. I really don't think this would be anymore of a risk than Senran Kagura, or something like Monster Monpiece and both those came/are coming over here.

8. Zeether

Zeether Member

To clarify, the dub of CFV isn't from a Singapore studio, it was outsourced to Ocean Group in Canada and was made for showing on Animax Asia. I would like to see the CFV games here too but I'm not sure how well they'd do. Konami is going digital only for the next Yu-Gi-Oh game so that might be the best route for this?

9. PkmnChmp5

PkmnChmp5 Member

Of course I'd prefer a physical release, but if my only choices are digital-only or not at all, then I'd be more than happy to download it.

I'm also hoping that the only reason YGO Zexal: World Duel Carnival is a digital-only release is because it's going to be so outdated by the time it gets over here (and the fact that Zexal doesn't seem to be as popular as the previous series-es). I have a feeling that it was a last minute decision to bring that game over at all, and maybe we will be getting a Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V game pretty soon with a physical release (and have it be released worldwide sooner to the Japanese release date instead of over half a year later).

10. Takao

Takao New Member

Cardfight Vanguard's English dub is done by Ocean's satelite studio in Calgary by the name of Blue Water Studios. They're also doing Future Card Buddyfight for Bushiroad.

11. PkmnChmp5

PkmnChmp5 Member

Here's some gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pjx3tnxAm4

12. cardfighterZ

cardfighterZ New Member

We cardfighters in Singapore would also like it too

13. Tsukuyomi3234

Tsukuyomi3234 New Member

Us, U.S. Cardfighters would love to see this released. Especially with the amount of popularity that came with the first movement to localize Ride to Victory. I'm pretty sure Euro Fighters would appreciate this as well .

14. PkmnChmp5

PkmnChmp5 Member

I really should stop watching videos of this game on YouTube. It's making me depressed...

15. Leilee

Leilee New Member

The reason why CFV gets mixed up with Yugioh a lot is because the main artist, Akira Ito, worked with Kazuki Takahashi on the Yugioh R manga storyline.
    He's kind of known for having a style similar to Takahashi's.

That means all art direction in the game has some similar feelings to Yugioh. I'm sure that part of it is intentional.

I have tried to get into CFV but the text on cards is ridiculous. They seriously need to make it larger. Even if that means covering up more of the art in the American version of the game. =/
    This makes me laugh too cause old Yugioh cards can be ridiculously wordy on text as well, making it difficult to read as well. xD

Would I buy a CFV 3DS game...sure, I probably would give it a shot.