Burst: Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Senran Kagura Series' started by h2foxo, Oct 28, 2013.

1. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

Senran Kagura Burst Frequently Asked Questions

Designed to prevent confusion and arguments

[​IMG]

What is Senran Kagura Burst?

Senran Kagura Burst is a 2D side scrowling brawler for the 3DS.

Who are the characters?

The characters are listed below:

[​IMG]

Who do you play as?

You play as the 10 main characters, these being:

- Homura
    - Yomi
    - Hikage
    - Mirai
    - Haruka
    - Asuka
    - Ikaruga
    - Katsuragi
    - Yagyuu
    - Hibari

Along with some unlockable characters:

- Daidouji
    - Suzune (in her ninja form)

What is the story in this game

The story is about 10 girl ninjas from two different schools, one good, one bad, fighting against each other, the outcome of the story is dependent on which school you play as.

...Want to know some more?

XSEED staff comments on the story and its focus:

Will this game be subbed or dubbed?

The game will feature the original Japanese voice actors and have English subs.

What is the gameplay like?

Burst gameplay is fast pace with light and heavy attacks along with the ability to launch enemies and perform aerial attacks. Each character has unique moves and special attacks which can be used during fights. The moves and combos of the characters develop the more you complete missions with them.

Videos usually show this better so watch this video with commentary to give you better impression on the gameplay: https://www.youtube....outu.be&t=1m51s

I heard this game is coming over?

Yes XSEED is bring it over to NA as an eShop download.
    Zen United is bringing it to the EU as a physical copy and digital download.

When is that?

XSEED will be releasing it 14th November 2013.
    It will be released in the EU in 2014.

Why is the NA not getting a physical release?

XSEED wanted to do a physical release but after analysis of the finances it was decide it was too bigger risk to release it physically, especially considering the games content and retailer response to carrying and displaying it. It ended being a download or nothing situation.

What size is the game?

Burst is 2GB in size.

If I delete my copy can I redownload it?

Yes, on the eShop under settings there is the option titles I have downloaded, go in there and find the game with the option re-download.
    This will not be the case if you change 3DS unless you do an account transfer.

Isn't there a game that came before this, why isn't that being localised first?

Burst contains an edited version of the story from the first where you can play as the 5 girls with the upgraded mechanics of Burst. Basically Burst contains the first game as well.

What is the age rating on this game?

The game is rated T due to:

- Violence
    - Blood
    - Sexual Themes
    - Partial Nudity
    - Use of Alcohol
    - Language

Is anything going to be censored?

The game will receive no censorship with the exception of age not being displayed.

How much is this going to cost?

The game will cost $29.99.

See more at the games official site: http://www.hanzonationalacademy.com/

2. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

Like before if there are other things you would like to see in the post above tell me and i'll update it.

3. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

You might want to put in that the game isn't being censored. You can bet a dollar someone will ask.

4. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Yup. When it comes to games with some sort of fan service, people will ask if it's censored or not.

5. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

Good idea

6. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

You may wish to mention that the game will be voiced in Japanese only.

7. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

Good idea

I suppose this goes best after story?

8. Augen

Augen New Member

Great work fox, nice reference for new members.

9. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

It was your idea and concept so take some credit.

10. GeekyDad

GeekyDad New Member

What does the actual title (Senran Kagura) mean? Is it a character name? I don't see any reference to it in the wiki.

11. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

It's a little difficult to translate. Senran Kagura is written in Japanese as [​IMG]. The first part of the name, Senran ([​IMG]), is a play on a word with the same pronunciation but written as [​IMG], meaning 'war'. The [​IMG] character means 'flash'. The second part of the name, Kagura ([​IMG]), written in kanji as [​IMG], is a traditional type of shinto dance. The best way I can think of to interpret the name in English is as a dramatic dance of death.

12. GeekyDad

GeekyDad New Member

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Thanks for the detailed reply.

13. GeekyDad

GeekyDad New Member

Sorry for the double post, but another thing I'm curious about. There seems to be a heavy emphasis on huge hit combos. What's your reward for really high combos? Do you get more XP at the end of a mission?

14. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

Unless i'm mistaken a higher combo will give you a higher rank and more experience to level up your ying or yang system dependent on whether you fought in shinobi gear or a swimsuit.

15. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

So they want us to combo the sh't out of our enemies. Hmm...

16. PsymeRecker

PsymeRecker New Member

So, question. Is this game going to have a midnight release or will it be updated with the eShop at noon Eastern?

17. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

It will be available when the eshop updates around noon Eastern according to their twitter.

18. PsymeRecker

PsymeRecker New Member

Ah, cool.

This means I can go to sleep early tonight, and buy something with my card for lunch.(I have only just enough for the game on my card right now, but I get paid sometime around 6AM tomorrow.)

19. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

Can someone explain to me what this "life and hometown" joke is about? I see it mentioned whenever Senran Kagura is mentioned. Is it some inside joke that I'm not getting?

20. LifeHometown

LifeHometown New Member

The series' producer Kenichiro Takaki once said "tits are life, ass is hometown". Since many message boards censors tits and ass, people write life and hometown instead. Most people knows what it means now and it won't get censored.