Bullet Girls (Vita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by YumizukaSatsuki, Jun 5, 2014.

1. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

Bullet Girls doing better than expected:

http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2014/08/26/474/

2. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

1st week physical sales numbers

[PSV] Bullet Girls <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2014.08.21} (&yen;6.799) - 29.690 / NEW

Please keep in mind that the VITA is a high download system in japan, especially for something like this.

Bullet Girls is top of the vita download list for this week:

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/08/29/79977.html

I don't think i will be able to get the download numbers so i guess its time to start my email to D3 for their stance on the matter.

3. SriaLightfoot

SriaLightfoot New Member

Just chiming in to say that this game is amazing, and Xseed should definitely consider localizing it. The whole ecchiservice stuff is not at all the highlight of this game. The combat is really fun, and the story's been great so far (well, for a fan of stuff like KinMoza/Gochuumon/etc. I haven't gotten far enough to really see if the story gets "serious", but it's so far been the sort that progresses naturally)
    The interrogation game isn't too bad either, a lot more fun than other interrogation games I've played. But that's not saying a whole lot since they're usually pretty meh. The game really shines during the missions. So much fun!

4. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Didn't D3 do God Eater 2 though? I've heard that is one of the best games to date on Vita.

5. SriaLightfoot

SriaLightfoot New Member

Copy-pasted from another site, somewhat of a "review" for how far I've gotten in the game and some info to help out other importers:
    [​IMG]
    A third-person shooter with clothing destruction and interrogations. The story involves Aki (the red-head) joining the Ranger Club. They call themselves the "Bullet Girls". It basically follows her and the others growing as a club about survival games. I'm not going too deeply into the story, but it's a nice slice of life story (as far as I've been).

- The missions have a wide variety of types -
    Some will involve just taking out the enemy, some involve picking up items, some will involve destroying crates, and some will involve protecting crates. Some will deviate even further from that. You pick an "Attacker" and "Supporter" whenever you go on a mission. I can't say I am 100% sure about how the system works, but it's in my understanding that the "Supporter" basically tells you when enemies are nearby (and makes them pop up on your minimap), and gives other little tips during battle. The "Attacker" is who you control during the mission. I'm not entirely sure yet, but it seems like certain characters pair up better than others. For one, they have visual and auditory clues that tell you how much they like being paired up with that person. And for two, it seems like I've seen a difference between the pairings that an attacker dislikes and likes. But that could just be coincidence really.
    - You get four weapons that you can bring with you on a mission at once -
    You choose between five different weapon types: shotgun, grenade, handgun, assault rifle and bazooka. Each character has affinities towards the different weapon types. They'll tell you how much they like/dislike something when you're choosing weapons. If you don't know Japanese, there are also visual clues, but they can be a bit harder to decipher for some characters. So, you choose four weapons to bring on a mission. This is done outside the mission select by the way, in the "Ranger Clubroom". You can press triangle from the main map to get to it. Pressing X will get you to a shop. At the Ranger clubroom, you can also choose a costume, a bra, a panty, and an item. The costumes (except the Sukumizu) seem to have no statistical gain. But, the bras/panties all have stat boosts, that either raise HP, or give damage multipliers to a weapon type. 'Items" are just medkits that you can use to heal during a mission. A character can only hold three of them on hand at a time. Not a huge deal, since they cost 100 each, and you get 300 even if you fail a mission, so it's not that bad of a deal. The nice thing about bras/panties is that you can co-ordinate them however you want. And since they're your primary "equipment" that's something you'll likely take advantage of, depending on the mission.
    - Clothing destruction -
    Is a pretty interesting and integral part of the gameplay. Your clothes basically act like an armor. They offer damage resistance that will keep you alive, and as you lose more and more clothes, you become more and more vulnerable to damage. So, keeping your clothes is very important. There's an option to turn off the cutscenes that play when clothing destruction happens, and you can actually choose between the Player, the enemies, and everyone in the ranger club. You don't have to disable it for everyone. You can also turn off the dirt function, wherein the characters can look like they've had a tussle in the dirt . Hard to explain with words, but makes them look battleworn. I don't turn off any of these effects, but the option is there. To note: A character can be fully nude (only covered by little smoke clouds in the important areas) and still running around and fighting. In fact, you'll probably begin to see that a lot once you get further in the game. So, just because a girl has lost all her clothing, nowhere near means the battle has been won. That girl is still very much dangerous (and you yourself as well, just, you get hurt waaaay more, so be careful!)
    - Areas (AKA Chapters) -
    What I refer to as "chapters" basically comprise of you going through a bunch of missions, then taking on a character (that you will recruit once you beat the mission) in a mission that usually is unique in some way from the missions you've done before, but still similar. The character themself will have tons of HP, and will not experience clothing destruction (unfortunate I know :( ). Not much will phase theml, so you gotta keep on your toes. After you beat this, you will then go into an "Interrogation" session.
    - Interrogations -
    I haven't fully grasped yet. They're fun, but tiring. I'd go into more detail, but I'm still trying to figure them out.
    - Cutscenes -
    Play out in Live2D. An amazing little software that basically turns normal art into a 3D model that looks amazingly close the original art, and moves around in a much more lively way. There are no CGs, everything is played out in Live2D. This is both a bonus and a downside for some. For me I just love it, but there are those who would wish that the game would have actual CGs and stuff.There is no cutscene backlog like many of these games have, but....there is a way to rewatch any any cutscene you've seen before! This is accomplished by pressing the start button when on the main map. This is helpful, since once
    you beat a mission, it will never show the cutscene when you select it again.
    - Combat -
    Is hard to explain with words, but you run around with the left analog stick and aim with the right analog stick. There's always a reticle there, and moving the reticle in different directions will not only move the camera but can also change your character's direction. You shoot with the "R" button, and can aim with the "L" button. With a handgun type, "aiming" is just locking on to an enemy.
    - Speaking of the camera -
    It's a free-range camera. there are no tricks to prevent an upskirt. This game does nothing to try and prevent anything like that (well, outside the fact that you usually are being fired at by girls, so there's not a lot of time to sit there and use the camera to "admire" a character). take that as a bonus or a downside as you will....
    - The main downsides -
    The BGMs aren't bad, but the problem is that there is no variation in which bgms play. Missions always have the same bgm, and story has maybe 3 to talk of. The map bgm also doesn't change. The enemy AI can be a bit lacking (I've had girls run past me just to get into position), but the game does tend to make up for that in numbers later on. Still, it's definitely something to note.
    - Import friendliness -
    Some of the missions might be a problem to figure out, but generally it's pretty easy to understand what's going on. You also will have to learn the various ways to get to the shop and the other controls, but, if you read the other stuff before this, you should already know some of the important ones. Still, that's stuff that can be figured out with trial and error. Otherwise, it's an action game, so you don't have to worry about memorizing spell-names or stuff like that. Also, you can visually see which weapon/bra/costume/etc you're picking. And the shop has the names of the shop categories in English, sot that helps. The story will obviously be completely beyond someone who doesn't know Japanese, but that's kinda a thing that importers should already know by now. Having no CGs probably exacerbates that. Still, the game should be pretty simple for a person who knows no japanese to figure out and get through.
    - Random Screenies -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ArmyofDarkness

ArmyofDarkness New Member

I became aware of this game when I was discussing my personal opinion that fanservice can only help a game. I was describing how my favorite game of last generation was Valkyria Chronicles, and if you turned it into an all girl game where their clothes get ripped off as they got injured. I claimed that this would be my GOAT game. And they pointed me to Bullet Girls, I was floored that this idea had actually manifested itself. So I gotta say, I would break numerous Pug necks to get this game in the US.

7. SriaLightfoot

SriaLightfoot New Member

Lol
    Well, I wouldn't quite call this "Valkyria Chronicles" as it's all real-time, and you don't get to drive a tank around unfortunately. But it is loads of fun!

8. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I was looking at some posts on the gamefaqs board for this and it sounds fun. Plz doo eet xseed

9. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Seriously, XSEED. I'm pretty sure this game is profitable like Senran Kagura. ;)

10. Qualar

Qualar New Member

A Cero "D" rating makes it less probable to ever get an English version release. Very few Cero "D" rated games ever get localized due to the typically very risque (aka heavy fan service) content. ANd having just watched the videos posted on page one of this topic all I can say is DO WANT. But most likely were going to end up having to import this as I am seriously doubting anyone will be willing to localize it, assuming Bandai-Namco is even willing to license it out. Still a miracle X Seed brought over AKiba's Trip (2).

11. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Senran Kagura was rated Cero D and got a T here...

was curious so I looked for some other D ratings for games I've played and found:
    Metal Gear Rising (M)
    Deception IV (M)
    Dark Souls (M)
    Dark Souls 2 (T)
    Danganronpa (M)

doesn't seem that rare

also, according to gamefaqs seems the game is both developed and published by D3Publisher so I'm not sure how that relates to Namcobandai. do they own D3 publisher or something?

12. TheSandwichOven

TheSandwichOven New Member

Yep. Bamco owns D3.

Actually, all they've done was publish GEB in N/A. GE2 was all Bamco and Shift.

13. Qualar

Qualar New Member

You've kinda missed my point on the Cero D issue. Yes, those games you named off got released here, but keep in mind the Cero rating system grades content very differently than the ESRB system does. All of the games you listed there got Cero D ratings because of a combination of portrayal of realistic violence and foul language. However, the reasoning for Bullet Girls getting a Cero D appears to be purely for merit of sexual content. And believe me, the ESRB loves to demonize sexual content almost as much as the retailers. Bullet Girls would, in my studied opinion, at the least receive an "M" rating from the ESRB and possibly they would even go so far as to give it a retail sales killing "AO" rating. God forbid you get an "AO" rating because that is a killing blow against any hope of a chance at successful sales in North America. Were it not for the blatant sexualized content I'd dare say the game would otherwise only warrant an ESRB "T" rating... and be a whole lot less interesting to people like us. :rolleyes:

14. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I get you I was just saying I don't think they are that rare. The games I listed are indeed mostly for violence reasons but that still doesn't account for Senran Kagura. You may be right that heavily sexualized D ratings coming over is rare, I don't know. Deception IV may have partly gotten a D for sexual content cause of clothing destruction (or just the main girl's outfit lol) but I'm sure it was mostly for violence. Senran Kagura gives me hope for other highly sexualized D rating games.

15. Cerzel

Cerzel New Member

I'd been following this up to its release and then didn't hear a whole lot about it, but it seems it was fairly well received?
    I'll throw my voice in for support of a localisation, but I guess by this point it's not looking very likely.

16. FensHunt

FensHunt New Member

Would love to see this localized, without censorship of course!