Blood Drive; My Impressions/opinions *major Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Trill1996Eric, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Okay guys...I finally got Blood Drive in the mail, and have been playing it RELIGIOUSLY until I just beat it today.
    My first impressions' of it was awesome, we finally get to see what happens after Book of Shadows, and Hinoe's head going BOOM! :D
    Aand then the trailer and the openings...damn! Fine job, guys!
    The intro was good, it recapped what happened in the past games (with the friends they lost, then the whole thing with the spell going wrong). After that though, in my honest opinion, it all goes downhill except for a few parts.
    I'll go and list what I thought I didn't like about this game right now.

1. In the intro (Chapter 00) they show 3 students doing the "Sachiko-Ever-After" charm, they arent sent to Heavenly Host. Instead, one of them is shown to be killed in her own bed room. Uh, why?? Seriously?

2. Everyone who goes back to Heavenly Host uses some kind of relic or trinket instead of doing the "Sachiko-Ever-After" charm. What is this now? I thought it could have been for when they wanted/needed to return to the real world they could use that instead of the Sachiko Charm but no. SO WHAT'S THE POINT OF USING THIS THING?! Also, did they just make it where anyone who does Sachiko's charm dies later just to put these in and give it an actual use? Okay...

3. EVERYONE IS GOING BACK TO HEAVENLY HOST FOR NO REASON!!!!!!! I mean, Ayumi had a good reason, hey, to have an ACTUAL chance to bring back her friends with the Book of Shadows, okay. But literally, everyone else went it just because. Yoshiki went because Ayumi went. Naomi, Satoshi, and Kuon (Sorry, probably not spelling her name right. But she's the new teacher that replaces Ms. Yui) go in because Ayumi and Yoshiki went. Then Yuka and Satsuki go because the hooded guy (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS GUYS NAME IS...Mister? That's all I could understand so I'll refer to him as "Mister") LITERALLY DRAGGED THEM THERE BECAUSE OF SATOSHI!! WHAT THE HELL!?

4. A lot of the situations they are in, they get saved because of Deus Ex Machina. Literally, this is how I saw it. For example, Ayumi's in a bathroom that's flooding with blood (which, another problem with this is...HOW IS THE BLOOD LITERALLY NOT FALLING THROUGH THE HOLES IN THE FLOOR!?!? SERIOUSLY! I GET ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN HEAVENLY HOST BUT GOOD GOD! WHAT IS THIS S***?!) and Sachiko appears at JUST the right time to get her outta there. Another 2 examples I can think of are... One: AYUMI KILLS HERSELF TO GET THE BOOK OF SHADOWS BACK! The thing is...oops...she killed hersel-- OH WAIT SACHIKO IS THERE TO REVIVE HER AND RID ANY EVIDENCE OF HER FREAKING BLEEDING OUT AND DYING! Two: Ayumi n Sachiko go back to Heavenly Host, but it's all trashed and stuff, AND Ayumi's friends are dead. So guess what? Sachiko brings everything back to how it was before the s*** went down. And she disappears. And when Ayumi goes back to the top of this tower or something, ALL HER FRIENDS ARE ALIVE; YAY! She even saves Aiko at the last second before her head is bitten off by a worm thing. DEUS EX MACHINA ANYONE?! (Also, if Sachiko has the power to do all this...why not just stop everything that was happening, and like...revive everyone who was killed?? Oh right, there wouldnt be any game if she did that.)

5. How is Mister getting in and out of Heavenly Host? If he used that relic to do that, WHY DIDNT LIKE KUON DO THAT TOO?! Hell even Magari did that (the girl with the scythe) sooo...like...ugh.

6. OH HEY! HAPPY ENDING! EVERYONE IS ALIVE AND WELL, AYUMI'S MISSION TO GET BACK MAYU, MORISHIGE, SEIKO AND MS. YUI IS A SUCCESS. Exceeeept...um...Kuon is still alive, she's supposed to be Yui's replacement...so...like...how does THAT work? Also, were Naho, Sayaka, and the rest of them revived too or what?? Do Mayu, Seiko, etc. remember what happened in Heavenly Host? Like them dying and stuff? Then we have an Ayumi who is basically mentally f-ed as hell. Err...you GOT ALL YOUR FRIENDS BACK YOU DOLT!!! YOU SHOULD BE GLAD AS PUNCH! I MEAN AFTER LOSING THEM, LOSING YOUR SISTER, ALMOST DYING TO A SPELL WENT HORRIBLY WRONG, AND LITERALLY KILLING YOURSELF FOR SOME DANG BOOK, YOU ARE SOMEWHAT OKAY, BUT YOU GET YOUR FRIENDS BACK AND EVERYTHINGS PEACHY AND YOU'RE MENTALLY SCREWED UP?! WHY!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?
    Also, why is Yoshiki wearing pink at the end?
    What happened to Aiko and Magari?
    Too many unanswered questions. Also, I'd have liked to have seen more stuff, like everyone in class fooling around and stuff. Also, another unanswered question...HOW DID YOSHIKI AND AYUMI SURVIVE HEAVENLY HOST ULTIMATELY GETTING DESTROYED?!

So, okay, I admit I'm still not very good at reading/translating Japanese, and only got the gist of the story, but MY GOD it feels like this game was rushed and they could have spent more time on it. I mean none of the 3 child ghosts appear except for Yuki but even then it's that "Sachi" creepy ghost thing dressed as her...or something. Then theres a point where you see Yoshikazu dead...like...wha? Why? What?! And also, they apparently threw out that whole idea of Yuki being the new Sachiko because SHE IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! I mean, if you see Blood Covered's ending, you notice Yuki after she says "This school is making a new sachiko" her clothes TURN RED! It was subtle but still there. FOR A REASON BUT NOPE, SCREW CONTINUITY!~~~

*Sigh* Sorry. Rant over. But seriously, this game is just...I'm glad it has a happy ending but everyone was expecting a dark ending, and like...no one actually died in a way...I just...I don't think the story is awesome at all, the only awesome thing was the opening songs/videos, and the ending song.

Either way, not what I was expecting, and in a bad way. I mean, Hinoe couldnt have been revived somehow? I mean at this point might as well have EVERYONE revived, and also...*sigh* Just too many questions, and I feel the wrong ends were just in there for the hell of it. At least most of them. I think all of them should have had some kinda script that made it seem more than just "oh, sprite was hit with an axe, and lost all HP" WRONG END!~

Anyway, that's what my opinion on this game is, and if anyone can explain ANY of the things I didn't understand, please feel free to.

Thanks for reading ^_^

PS: ONE THING THIS GAME TOOOOTALLY DOES RIGHT IS THE SOUNDTRACK! DOOD. THAT MUSIC WHEN YOUR ONTOP OF THAT TOWER THING, AND WHEN SOMETHIN' BAD HAPPENS IS SWEEEEET~~

2. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

Most of your complaints are about something which you didn't understand because of your no knowledge of japanese. I can say that I understood things better.

1) If you didn't notice, Heavenly Host was influencing the real world on some way. That's why we saw ghosts and a giant tower in the real world.

2) Doing the "Sachiko Ever After" charm would be pointless right now. It takes too many risks and is not practical. Only the people who has some kind of magic power has that relic. As you can see, "Mister" and Aiko had it.

3) Do you think they should stay still and let their friends die just like that?

4) Sachiko hasn't that power. You should pay more attention. This is just an example, but do you really think that she is capable to fight the queen?

5) The others didn't get out of Heavenly Host because they had to meet their friends first.

6) Nobody revived... they're just remembered, and Heavenly Host was destroyed with that forever so no one can fall again on his curse.. Kuon died, pay attention. Ayumi isn't is not mentally ill. She was tired. Didn't you notice how she was talking?

Are you seriously going to complaint about Yoshiki's t-shirt? And they survived with the help of the Book of Shadows if I'm not wrong.

I agree with just one thing, the game felt rushed sometimes.

3. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Yeah I said I admit I didn't understand quite a lot of it. I'm sorry about this.

1) Yes I noticed that, what I am saying is even if there are ghosts in the real world, how come it took the sachiko ever after charm to invoke them to kill?

2)Yeah, and using a relic is practical at this point? Does it return them to the real world if anything?

3) No, I do not think they should let them die that way...but...I just feel they'd go in on a whim. I mean, why dont you bring with you food, water, and charms to ward off spirits n ghosts just to be safe? Hell, it doesnt have to be much, but at least bring a backpack of stuff.

4) Um, can you explain Sachiko's power and stuff? It seemed like she had the power to bring back her friends at the very least, or something.

5) You have a point there.

6) So when Heavenly Host was destroyed, they were at least brought back in the sense that they're not "erased" from the world? But...wasnt Ayumi's whole deal with the Book of shadows to bring them back somehow? Isn't there some way to do this? Also, um...Ayumi was like talking voice wise but text wise she was like "Blah Blah Blah Blah" or something illegible, and she was in a wheel chair with a blanket over her lap, and with an eye patch. At the very least she is physically ill if anything. Also, in Dead Patient they show her and she seems very ill.

Um, I wasnt really complaining I just thought it was very...random. Especially since it doesnt fit his character I think.
    Also, one thing I wanna point out is...how did Aiko survive being set on fire? I mean at least she'd have some burns or AT LEAST her clothes would be burned somehow.

4. Luphie

Luphie New Member

It's unfair to bash the game without knowing what's going on. Let's just say you missed a lot of details.

HUGE SPOILER ALERT!! (just in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled. This is your last chance. Don't say I didn't remind you)

1 & 2. Sachiko was appeased and looks like Sachiko Ever After charm is losing its power. The charm did not send the performers to Heavenly Host anymore. Performing the charm simply kill them.
    3. It's a chain reaction. Ayumi went to HH to use BoS to resurrect their dead friends. Yoshiki is after Ayumi. Kuon and others are after Ayumi and Yoshiki, and possibly to deal with the curse that is seeping out into the real world because of what Ayumi did (because she is deceived by Misuto). Misuto told Yuka that Satoshi went to HH, so she and Satsuki went into HH. Things went down because he lied to Yuka that Satsuki (who was really dying) and Satoshi died, let her succumbed to darkening (?), and knocked Yuka out. Yuka then was possessed by Sachi (Sachiko's twin). Also, you do have charms and flashlight.
    4. I don't really get this part either due to language barrier. I thought that the Book of Shadows chose her as the owner and it was in her all the time. Sachiko sacrificed herself to bring Ayumi back to the moment before Satoshi and others get killed. It's not like she had infinite power to bring Ayumi waaay back to the time when everyone is alive. She apologized to Ayumi for killing everyone and bad things she has done before she vanished.
    5. It's kind of explained in the game. Kuon's stone is not as strong as Misuto and Magari. Apparently hers require several hours to recharge, and that's why she only sent Ayumi back before the school crumbles. Her stone does not have enough power.
    6. Kuon's dead. None of the dead (except Satoshi, Naomi, Yoshiki, Yuka, Satsuki and Aiko) got resurrected. It's impossible to resurrect the dead because of the curse swallowed them or something, and Misuto only used her to achieve his goal. Ayumi sealed the nehan curse that made HH in her body, and it allowed people who died in HH to be remembered in the real world. However, their causes of dead will be remembered as from real-life causes. This comes with a price. Ayumi's existence (and Yoshiki's too because he chose to be with Ayumi) are erased.

It's more like a bittersweet ending. Ayumi is losing an eye, incapable of speaking coherently and only mumbling "I saved everyone. I did my best." She is in that state because she does not have enough spiritual power to seal the curse without harming herself. She is now like a living doll and is incapable of doing anything. Ayumi has just made an ultimate sacrifice for everyone's existence.

I don't really know how Aiko survived either, maybe because I'm missing something. But you can see bruises, soooo....

5. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Okay, that all sounds very good. Sorry about bashing it, I just was expecting something better...well no, different from this. That's all.

Also, one thing I definitely didn't understand is how the hell did Ayumi survive killing herself for the book of shadows?? That part was just...what?
    Um, Aiko had bruises...?? o.o I totally didnt see that. I'll have to check that out.

And wait, if your saying that Ayumi and Yoshiki were erased, then how is she "a living doll" and Yoshiki was at her door??
    Also, another thing...if the curse is basically erased or sealed into Ayumi, and everyone is remembered, cant the book of shadows be used to bring them back in that case? They are "existing" in the real world now, so IT IS possible...isnt it?

Edit: Also, there's another issue I found thats reasonable. Ummm, Satsuki survived? Uhn...When they were running to get outta the school at the end, she was not with them at all, and that whole thing with her becoming that...monster thing with her head...um...what?

6. BachBreaker

BachBreaker New Member

I don't know if they can be revived. Ayumi is the chosen one by the Book of Shadows but in the state that she is I don't know if it's possible.

They didn't leave her, they were carrying Satsuki even though we could not see. Although it isn't known whether she survived or not. it's probable that if she survived, Magari must've somehow cured her as she did to prevent her death.

7. Luphie

Luphie New Member

Again, HUGE SPOILER. Read at your own discretion.

Suicidal Ayumi: Like what I said, I didn't get what was going on that part, either. I assumed she made a contract or some sort by performing black magic to get the ownership of Book of Shadows. Turns out after Ayumi's failed attempt to revive Mayu, the BoS sneaked into her? I might be wrong, but I didn't want to mislead others by spreading false information.

It was just to show that they both survived and Yoshiki didn't forget Ayumi's existence. If he had followed Satoshi and others and did not return for Ayumi, he would also forget Ayumi's existence. Both of them lived, but their existences are forgotten by their family and friends (and maybe including Satoshi, Naomi, and others too). I assumed Yoshiki went back and saved Ayumi, and they managed to escape somehow.

Perhaps calling Ayumi a living doll is a stretch, but she does look like one (considering the ending of BD and beginning part of Dead Patient). In DP, Ayumi was described like a plant, sitting down absorbing sunlight. Her eyes (or should I say her eye now) is unfocused and has no willpower in them. She did not give any reply when Yoshiki talked to her. We did not know the extent the curse has broken Ayumi down, but I'd say it's enough that she can't live by herself. Maybe she is capable to do something more,than we thought, but that has yet to be seen in Dead Patient if Kedouin ever gives her one.

There was a line somewhere saying that the dead couldn't be revived no matter what, but I didn't really understand it either. It does have something to do with the curse (though idk if it's Sachiko's curse or Nehan they're talking about). And considering Ayumi's current condition now, I don't think there's anyone out there who want to endanger himself/herself by performing a (dangerous) ritual that has nothing to do with himself/herself (remember Ayumi's and Yoshiki's existences were erased from everyone's memories), assuming that person has sufficient spiritual energy to begin with. And from what I know, Ayumi is the last living Shinozaki.

I don't know if Satsuki survived or was revived, but it was possibly the latter. Magari revived her. Remember that she took possession of Book of Shadows for a while, and Satsuki somewhat turned into a man-eater (eating Misuto's head and her own parents who were both members of Magari's organization in ex-chapter under Magari's command). Satsuki addressed Magari as "Magari-sama." It was highly possible that Magari brought Satsuki along with her during the escape. Now Satsuki becomes Magari's henchmen/executioner or some sort.

It wasn't a completely happy ending, but for a Corpse Party? This is as happy as you can get.

8. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

What exactly was the "Nehan"?? And why did it take Ayumi's eye, just wondering? And how did that curse start? I mean, first it was Sachiko's curse but was Sachiko's curse a sub-curse under "Nehan"? Like, it was just part of Nehan's curse? And another thing...why if Ayumi/Yoshiki survived why were they erased from existence? And uh, about Ayumi being the last Shinozaki...
    1. Her parents. What the heck happened to them then?
    2. In DP I specifically remember a guy character with the last name "Shinozaki" so...uh...that there brings more questions "1. How did Ayumi EVEN give birth or whatever in that state??? 2. Could it be a distant relative?? 3. Wouldn't he have the power to be able to do the revive the dead spell?"

Anyway, Iunno...I wanted a more...gloomy ending. I mean sure this is a bittersweet one but wow...haha.

Oh, and IIRC the whole thing with Satoshi, Naomi, Aiko, and the others...I believe they should remember Ayumi/Yoshiki, because it would be like the ending of Blood Covered, where only the people who left heavenly host would remember them.

9. enigmaopoeia

enigmaopoeia New Member

There's no man by the name of Shinozaki in DEAD PATIENT. You may have been confusing Ryuji's surname Shimazaki with Shinozaki.

10. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Well dang. They're pretty similar. Just saying.

11. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Ok, so here's what happened.

When Ayumi and Naomi failed at reviving Mayu, Hinoe sacrificed her life to save them. Ayumi went into shock, and the Shinozaki Estate began to crumble around them. Naomi dragged Ayumi out, and found a car to pick them up and take them to the hospital. During Ayumi's hospitalization, a friend of Hinoe's comes to visit Ayumi, and reveals that she knows what happened, and relays to her Hinoe's "last words" to get back the Book of Shadows. This was actually a trick though, because it seems that girl was being threatened by Magari.

Ayumi eventually gets out of the hospital, and while she's moping in Hinoe's room, tries to commit suicide, but stops when she's surprised by Misuto popping in through the window, throwing insults at her, and then leaving (not before giving her a pack of 10 yen gum...yeah). Ayumi decides to investigate the former residence of Shinozaki Makina, where she is assaulted by a ghost, and would have died, if not for the intervention if the Kisaragi Crew and Aiko. Aiko had seen Ayumi heading there, and warned the others. They find a box, and Aiko takes it home with her to investigate. Inside, she discovers what comes to be called the, Shiawase no Ishi (I guess it'll be called something like the "Ever After Stone.") They come in 2 halves, and when put together and used with a certain incantation, can transport the user to and from Nehan (the official name for the space we know as Heavenly Host Elementary). Its later revealed that, due to the Shinozaki family curse, Yoshie's husband was on the verge of death, and out of desperation, Yoshie used the Book of Shadows to try to revive him, but it failed, and created the space we now know as Nehan. Before this "Nehan" could hurt Yoshie, Sachiko swallowed it whole (she was able to seal it inside of herself due to her extraordinary latent spiritual energy), saving her mother in the process, but also eventually becoming their damnation when they die, cause the seal breaks along with Sachiko's death. Its also explained, that for the sake of protecting the world, Yoshie was in protective custody of the Book of Shadows, while Makina was in protective custody of the Ever After Stones.

Aiko, after investigating them, discovers their purpose and the incantation necessary for transporting the user to and from Nehan. She meets with Ayumi and Yoshiki, and explains all this, and asks them to come with her there. Ayumi, asks why, and Aiko says she's interested in collecting "spiritual tools" or relics of the dead, or whatever you want to call them, and she's thinking about eventually opening up tours to Nehan. Ayumi and Yoshiki don't make any promises to her, but Ayumi makes the demand that she keep one half of the stone, and Aiko keeps the other. Aiko agrees, and they head their separate ways (not before Yoshiki pickpockets the other half of the stone from Aiko). (Fortunately or unfortunately, Aiko has another pair of stones that she kept quiet about, just in case something like this happened.) Ayumi comes to visit Yoshiki, and says she wants to use the stone to go back to Heavenly Host, find the Book of Shadows (Misuto tells her its there, and a picture Aiko had, shows a girl that looks like Yuki carrying a book), and revive their friends. Yoshiki, being the sensible fellow he is, chucks the stones out of the window, where they are run over by a passing truck. Ayumi rushes out in a panic, and finds the stones (which are unscathed). Misuto shows up and promises to help Ayumi go to Heavenly Host and protect her there. Yoshiki comes along and objects, but Misuto punches him and sends him flying into a wall. Misuto and Ayumi take off to Heavenly Host.

Yoshiki investigates, searching for Aiko to see if there is any way for him to pursue Ayumi into Heavenly Host, only to find out that Aiko (along with Inumaru) have already left to Heavenly Host, but during their transportation, their stone was stolen by Magari. Yoshiki eventually finds Magari just about to transport there, and jumps out at the last moment, grabbing on, and getting transported with her.

Naomi, meanwhile, has been for a while, just like we saw in the opening to Book of Shadows, been persistent in telling her mom that Seiko did exist. This is where you see the first signs of Nehan encroaching upon reality. Naomi's mother, whether through frustration, or stress, or whatever, has slowly but surely been changing, to the point where she's trying to force the medicine upon Naomi. One evening, while Naomi is looking at the faceless picture of Seiko on her cell phone, she notices something in the dark space where her face should be. She magnifies it a few times, and notices there is some kind of writing there, but in discovering this writing, Naomi's eye is cursed, and she cries out in pain. Her mother comes up, tries to force medicine on her, and Naomi complains about her eye. She shows it to her mother, and her mother heads downstairs. Naomi calms down after a bit, and quietly heads downstairs to check on her mother....only to find her in the kitchen sharpening a knife. Naomi runs away from home, and when Satoshi and Kuon find out, its decided that for the time being, Naomi will stay at Kuon's place.

Kuon, by the way, is Aiko's big sister. After investigating her sister's disappearance she discovers the box that held the Ever After Stones, and takes the crushed remains of a supposed 3rd pair, to her company for analysis. They succeed in producing a duplicate stone, but its power is far more limited, and requires quite a bit of time to recharge after being used. Satoshi, Naomi, and Kuon use this replica stone to get to Heavenly Host and begin their search for Ayumi, Yoshiki, and Aiko.

Meanwhile, Ayumi becomes separated from Misuto during their transportation to Heavenly Host, and she's in a bit of despair, when her phone starts ringing. She picks it up, and its Misuto, throwing more insults at her, and then telling her, she needs to collect several crystals from the "pillars of Heavenly Host", and in doing so, she can reconstruct the Book of Shadows, revive her friends, and put an end to Heavenly Host once and for all. While she's exploring the school, she is eventually united with Yoshiki, but they are attacked by the anatomical model. They get away, and Ayumi explains what she needs to do. The 2 set off to collect the crystals.

Meanwhile, Aiko and Inumaru are searching for Naho (or something containing her spirit) and Sayaka, who Inumaru obstinately demands must still be alive. They eventually stumble upon a locker, and from within, Inumaru hears Sayaka's voice, begging to be let out. Inumaru rushes in, but Aiko pulls him away, telling him it could be a trap. Inumaru gets upset, and rushes to the locker, opening it, only to find Sayaka's corpse. Aiko, tries, very awkwardly, to comfort him, but he immediately gets upset, and succumbs to the darkening, but due to his immense spiritual power, he just becomes a super strong, super angry guy. He then tries to kill Aiko, but she manages to escape.

Eventually we find out, Misuto has been in the real world this whole time, and was making calls to Ayumi from there. He is the last surviving member of a group called Yagoura, who starting with his grandfather, stole the Book of Shadows from another group (which Magari is a member of) and entrusted it to the Shinozaki family for protection. Lots of crap happened, his grandfather died, his parents committed suicide, and he eventually found himself in the care of the Wicca Institute. Stuff about him and Hinoe, and how he decided on creating his own new Book of Shadows to take over the world, in his warped sense of justice to protect the weak.

Somewhere along the line, we find out that Yoshie was pregnant with twins, but one of them died in the womb, and was absorbed by Sachiko. Sometime in life, Sachiko was suffering pains, and through an x-ray, it was discovered there was a tooth of her unborn twin lodged close to her heart. It was removed through surgery, and this is the tooth that Ayumi found in her hand, after being attacked by the ghost at Makina's house. But, the act of Ayumi bringing this tooth with her into Heavenly Host, has brought the ghost of the unborn twin, Sachi, along, and given her a lot of power, which she uses to constantly hinder, and try to kill Ayumi and co.

Back in the real world, Misuto tricks Yuka into going to Heavenly Host in search of Satoshi (Satsuki, suspicious of Misuto decides to tag along, but really intending to use her in creating his new Book of Shadows (since she was the one in closest contact with Sachiko in the previous time at Heavenly Host. When Satsuki goes to the bathroom, Yuka hears Satoshi's voice, and runs off. When Satsuki comes out of the bathroom, and tries to run towards where she hears Yuka's voice, she's tripped by Misuto, and falls down the stairs, presumably to her death. Misuto then tells Yuka that Satoshi and Satsuki are both dead.

Ayumi eventually gets all the crystals, but finds out she was tricked by Misuto, and that he was using her to create his new Book of Shadows, and to merge Nehan with the real world, where he will presumably take place as its new ruler. Aiko tries to stop Misuto, but he uses his book to summon a creature, that flies by, ripping off Aiko's head. In the last moment, Kuon sends Ayumi back to the real world using her stone. Its here that we find out Sachiko has been watching over Ayumi, ever since they freed her spirit, and that the original Book of Shadows was absorbed inside Ayumi after the events that happened at the Shinozaki Estate. Magari shows up, and explains that Ayumi needs to reobtain the book to get back and save her friends. Ayumi gathers up all of her courage, and uses the zodiac knife she finds in Hinoe's room, to slit her stomach open. She collapses on the floor and faints, but is healed by the Book of Shadows, after it recognizes her resolve and acknowledges her as its new master. She talks with Sachiko, and they decide to head back to Heavenly Host, but when she gets there, she finds out that everyone is already dead. She despairs, but Sachiko tells her she can use the last of her power to rewind time for just a little bit. Sachiko rewinds time, but apologizes that she didn't have enough power to rewind it far back enough to prevent the earlier deaths of the Kisaragi 4 and all the others that have died there. Ayumi hugs her and tells her she's a good girl, but this makes Sachiko cry, and say she's not a good girl for all the bad things she's done, and she's always wanted to apologize. Ayumi hugs her tighter, and Sachiko eventually fades, her spirit finally finding release.

Ayumi proceeds to the top of the tower, and uses the book just in time to save Aiko. Ayumi's Book of Shadows consumes Misuto's book, and she knocks him to the ground. Satoshi and Yoshiki tie him up, but Misuto tells them that this won't stop the world from ending, and he also tells them about how he tricked Yuka into coming. Satoshi, Naomi, and Kuon take off to look for Yuka, and Yoshiki, after some hesitation, goes with them. Aiko remains with Ayumi. Misuto demands to be untied, and tells them his backstory. He uses this time to secretly untie himself, and he attacks Ayumi and takes off with the Book of Shadows. But on his way down, he sees Magari and (the previously assumed dead) Satsuki. He tells them that its too late, and he now has the real book. Satsuki makes some...disconcerting noises and approaches Misuto. Right as he's about to attack her, her head splits open into several monstrous bits, and swallows Misuto's head whole. Magari returns the Book of Shadows, and tells Ayumi she doesn't have much time left. Ayumi takes off with Aiko to look for Nehan's Core to stop it from merging with the real world.

Meanwhile, Satoshi, Naomi, Yoshiki, and Kuon are searching the abandoned bomb shelter for Yuka. The location of which they discovered, thanks to Naomi's cursed eye being able to somewhat track Sachi's movements. They find Yuka, unconscious and Satoshi lifts her on his back. She eventually wakes up and attacks him, and its discovered she is being posessed by Sachi. Naomi stabs herself in her cursed eye to, which rebounds to Sachi, and distracts her, leaving Yuka. Kuon swallows Sachi's tooth, and convinces her to rest inside her body. They go back to the tower for Ayumi, but discover she's no longer there, and that the 7th Pillar has emerged, which if fully awakened, would bring about the complete merging of Nehan and the real world. Kuon explains that she can use Sachi's power and sacrifices herself to destroy the 7th Pillar. Satoshi, Naomi, Yoshiki, and Magari (with Yuka and Satsuki unconscious) set off to look for Ayumi.

Ayumi and Aiko find the core, and Ayumi proceeds by herself, discovering Satoshi and crew on a lower separated ledge. They protest, but she proceeds up to the core, and engages in a fight with the Queen ( who we find out was a victim of the witch hunts of old). After the fight, Ayumi is shown this, and her eye is taken by the Queen in exchange for her being reabsorbed back into the Book of Shadows.. Ayumi heads back down, and tells the others that she will consume and seal Nehan, much like Sachiko did, but the Book of Shadows warns her, that since she isn't at powerful as Sachiko was, this wouldn't come without a huge price. In exchange for sealing Nehan and releasing the forgotten memories of those who died there, it is revealed that in return, everyone's memories of Ayumi will be erased from existence. This is met with much protest from the others, but Ayumi insists this is the only way, and proceeds to consume Nehan (literally). The others make a break for it to escape before its too late, but Yoshiki decides that rather than forget about Ayumi, he'd rather be with her no matter what happens. The group is split from the retreating Yoshiki, and they proceed without him, eventually escaping the school.

The memories of those who died in Heavenly Host are returned (gone but not forgotten), but everyone forgets about Ayumi and Yoshiki. But in the end, we find out that Yoshiki and Ayumi are still alive (though maybe in a separate world, but as part of the price for sealing Nehan, Ayumi has been reduced to a vegetative state.

12. enigmaopoeia

enigmaopoeia New Member

Considering as XSEED translated "Shiawase no Sachiko-san" ("Shi" meaning "Death") as “Sachiko in the Everafter”. "Shiawase no Ishi" would likely be "Everafter Stone".

It would not be called the "Ever After Stone" because they render "Shiawase no Sachiko-san" ("Shi" meaning "Happiness") as "Sachiko Ever After," so them using "Ever After Stone" would mean they render that stone in Japanese as "Shiawase no Sachiko-san" with the "Shi" meaning "Happiness."

13. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Ehh, I think it'd still work either way, considering the derivation of the original play on words, where Naho just left it written out in hiragana. Either way wouldn't really bother me. I was just speculating.

14. AkariDxD

AkariDxD New Member

I have a question, in some part of the game is explained what happened with the relationship between Naomi and Seiko, and what happened with Naomi after the end, I mean about the whole thing about his mother going crazy?

15. dramaqueenily

dramaqueenily New Member

Is this the last game ? Or will they make another sequel after Blood Drive ? Ayumi and Yoshiki are my favorite characters don't want them to end this way

16. Luphie

Luphie New Member

^ BD is the last game for Heavenly Host saga, so there'll be no sequel.

They're starting with a new saga with Dead Patient. Ayumi and Yoshiki appeared as cameo in Chapter 1, so maybe Kedwin have something planned for them in later chapters; we'll see.
    I personally don't want to see them too much, though. They have suffered a lot, so give them a little break and focus on the new characters.