Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Reta

Reta New Member

I admit that my 3rd story question was probably a bit too broad for this topic. However, could you at least just explain how and why

(Major 3rd spoilers)
    Rufina died, was resurrected, and became the Lord of Phantasma? Also, what happened to Kevin's mother?

2. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

You're going to hate my answer to the first question but it's really something that is best explained by following the plot from start to finish so wait for floofy's summary for the full explanation. (The 3rd spoilers)
    For the short version: Because the Arca of Recluse.

Kevin's mother was forced to raise her son on her own. Kevin's father sent money at first but eventually stopped. When Kevin was around seven, his mother couldn't handle the pressure any more. She tried to kill Kevin, who ran. When he came back hours later, he found his mother had committed suicide. To say he feels incredibly guilty about not doing anything to stop her when he knew what she was going to try to do would be an understatement and a half.

3. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

And another note, Reta- there's a LOT MORE that goes on in that scene with Kevin and his mother than really meets the eye, too.

I really should get this done. I've just been so busy. I'll try to get some part of it written up. Though I'm also thinking that the link you PM'd me might be helpful too so I might be lazy and post it for the most part. It'll at least take some of the weight off of my shoulders while I've been overwhelmed from my job and everything.

4. nivorae

nivorae New Member

this probably should not go here, at all
    but can i order products other than the special deals from the Falcom site?
    and how much is the shipping costs?
    (i bet that omgfloofy has written up a guide once on her site but i'm on my phone rn)

5. omgfloofy

You can and I do. It's kind of a lengthy explanation so it's probably easier for me to just link straight to the page that talks about the ordering process, at the very least. The only problem is that international orders have to be handled via email.

http://www.esterior.net/faq/ - you can find more here.

6. Rixia

Rixia New Member

I have a question about the various Kiseki side materials :) I'm mainly looking for those books that go into detail or expand on the Kiseki plot Right now all I have are the Crossbell Archives and the Special Collection Books. Any other ones that should be in my collection (if I want to know everything about the story)? I've only played through the Kiseki games but from the other Kiseki Full Series topic, seems like there are materials that deal with Toval and Loewe? I want to prepare myself for Sen II (since it looks like Toval's going to be a party member maybe) :p
    And, is this book worth the purchase? Like is there new stuff or is it just things we already know from playing through the games?

I vaguely remember someone saying that the gender of the Ouroboros Master has already been revealed? or something like that? where did this info appear? or if it's totally not true, then please ignore this question :)

Thanks! :wub:

7. omgfloofy

Hello, Rixia! Love the icon. :D

The absolute best books for side materials are going to be ones you already have: the Crossbell Archives and Special Collection Books. Regarding 3rd's special collection book, do you have the new one? The new one has some more information on it since Zero and Ao have come out.

If you're looking for something to read to prep you for the awesome that is Toval, check out the Ring of Judgment pre-story manga for Zero no Kiseki. You can find it here on Amazon.

The book you linked is a collection of story shorts on the characters from Zero no Kiseki, if I recall correctly. I have it, but it's been awhile since I've looked at my copy, and I think most of it is just side stories.

Regarding the spoiler:
    The Master has a female voice in the Ouroboros Report drama CD.

8. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

To add, the side-material involving Loewe is called Loewe Monogatari, a side-story that covers the first two games from his perspective, which means that it definitely expands on material from the games. It was serialized in the digitally distributed Falcom Magazine and has been collected into three volumes.

There's also the World Guidance Book for the Sora trilogy but I don't think it has any information not found in the SCBs or the games themselves. Oh, and of course there are drama cds but those aren't books so I'm not sure how interested you are in those. Most of them adapt scenes from the games but there's new material as well; The ones that offer the most are (Endgame FC spoilers)
    Joshua's Story - The Sealed Memories (provides a bit more material on Joshua's time in Ouroboros)
    Ouroboros Report (for the voiced scene with the Master and Campanella's narration)
    - Advanced Chapter (funny side material centering around Estelle and Joshua taking a trip back to Liberl during the events of Zero)
    - Homecoming - Journey's End (covering the visit to Ymir between Chapter 6 and the Final Chapter of Sen that the game glossed over)
    There's also a drama cd that followed the OVA and seems to be slice of life stuff from a number of perspectives but I'm not sure how important any of it might be since I haven't picked it up yet. Just looking at the titles for the sections, it sounds primarily comedic like Advanced Chapter.

9. omgfloofy

Randomly. I LOVE the drama CD's. I actually have all but one or two of them (even most of the limited ones). They're all fantastic and if you get a chance to, you should check them out. Chara-Ani has done a great job on them.

But if you want something absolutely friggin' insane, check out the Ys and Sora no Kiseki vs Van Jyo drama CD. I made the mistake of listening to it for the first time while in the car. I had to pull over to stop laughing at some of the shenanigans in it.

10. Karrion42

Karrion42 New Member

Alternative Saga questions:

I'd like someone to explain to me what happens in the Story Mode of Alternative Saga and to be more concrete, these questions:

What is this "truth" that turned everyone into bad guys? D: Some kind of power from Garcis?
    How do Chester, Renne and Loewe escape after their battles? Are they some kind of lieutenants for Garcis?
    Why is Rappy Michel? Did someone turn him into a pom?
    What happens when Lloyd appears, both in his battle and at the end of the mode?
    Why was everyone dragged into Xanadu?

11. Reta

Reta New Member

Floofy... (Ao)
    If Sigmund and Shirley are indeed related to Randy as you unsubtly suggest in your artbook review, and it's a spoiler, you should probably hide it.

12. Rixia

Rixia New Member

Hello! Thanks for liking the icon! :D Renne <3

Regarding the 3rd Special Collections book, the new one is the re-edited one right? Then that's the one I have. I didn't even know there are two different versions when I bought it, guess I got lucky haha

I'll be sure to get the Zero pre-story manga since it looks to be quite important. And especially since we don't really get to know much about Toval in Sen... right now he's just an ordinary Bracer to me (don't brick me!), but that'll change I'm sure! :D

Ohh so it was revealed because she was voiced in a Drama CD. I thought it was from some Ouroboros side story. Now I'm curious how the Master sounds like... but female huh,.. my imagination is running wild

Oh actually i'm quite interested in the drama CDs as well. I just didn't know there are so many of them :p The only one I have is the Drama CD that comes with the Sen LE. Thanks for the recommendations! I'll check out those ones on the list first (and that funny one omgfloofy mentioned) and then go from there.

13. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Allow me to love the icon too. Renne = Love. Also, Maid!Joshua from the same picture is equally great.

If your copy has 'Re-Edit' in the title and it's white, you've got the new one. If it doesn't have that and it's a dark brown you've got the original edition. If you picked it up recently, odds are you have the new one as it's getting harder to find the original.

There are about twenty five cds altogether, including the Alt Saga crossover one of funny awesomeness and all the LE ones. The Zero Evolution one is particularly funny since it adapts scenes that the game didn't voice on account of their being sidequests. Really good scenes. *cough*Fran's date*cough*.

My Alt Saga memory is a bit rusty but I think I can answer all of those. (SC spoilers included)
    1. Yes, he basically messed with the 'reality' of Xanadu to cause all the summoned heroes to think they needed to work to protect him.

2. They're more badass than the rest and it required more of a beating before Lappy could undo Galsis' influence.

3. He did it to himself (and he's either a Pikkard or a Pom depending on the protagonist) because he could sense that Galsis was trying to do something when he helped seal him away, so he set things up so he could try to undo the damage next time. It's the sort of long-range thinking that Michel is famous for. Incidentally, 'Lappy' comes from Michel de Lap Heaven.

4. He was an unexpected summon who offered to investigate the ruins for more information on the Dragon Slayer. Those researches led him to the realization that 'Dragon Slayer' had a second meaning which turns out to be instrumental in defeating Galsis after the sword was broken: Hope. This is incidentally a massive Gagharv shout-out, though those games didn't turn 'hope' into a power in and of itself. By the by, Lloyd's lack of reaction when he meets Sora trilogy characters in Zero is one of the bits of evidence that demonstrates Alt Saga isn't canonical to the external games.

5. Because Galsis was regaining his power, it was a cycle.

14. omgfloofy

I didn't hide it, since the profiles are openly displayed in multiple places, my site included when the characters were announced. There has never been a secret of Sigmund and Shirley's last names- on my site or others. As a result, I didn't think it was entirely spoilery. I have my hands full at the moment, howerver and will edit the post when I can get to it tomorrow.

15. nivorae

nivorae New Member

It must be Estelle's mother :p

16. VanKadix

VanKadix New Member

Have any of you heard of cases where fans did tabletop role-playing using the Kiseki setting (most likely Japanese fans who perhaps...)

adapt the game using the Arianrhod RPG for reasons that I'm not supposed to know yet.

17. JoniCroni

JoniCroni New Member

Do anyone knows how many millions of words does each game have?

SnK FC - 1,5 million
    SnK SC - almost 2,5 m.?
    SnK 3rd - almost 2 m.?

Zero / Ao nK - ?

And then I heard Sen was 5 millions.

18. omgfloofy

This isn't "words." It's Japanese characters. Each individual character- katakana, hiragana, or kanji- that is found in the Japanese script.

Incorrect on SC. I'm hearing that it's closer to 3.0 to 3.2 million characters. I've never heard a character count for 3rd, but I would suspect that about 2m would be a good estimate.

I've not heard anything specific on Zero and Ao, but I've heard that Zero breaks 4 million characters, and that Ao no Kiseki's script is larger than it. Something to keep in account with the script sizes in Sora no Kiseki vs Zero/Ao no Kiseki. In Sora no Kiseki FC and SC, you are limited to regions of Liberl at a time. So the only NPCs that have text for that segment of the story will be the ones that are in that region.

Zero and Ao no Kiseki take place in a country that doesn't have these 'separations' like Sora. In fact, almost right away, every single NPC in the game is pretty much accessible at almost all the time in each game. You are pretty much free to wander a LOT in Crossbell. Which is what makes Zero and Ao feel so much bigger, when in reality, Liberl is actually a bigger nation, IIRC.

I've stumbled on conflicting information- two completely different numbers from just as trustworthy sources. So I don't know. I can't say if '5 million' is true at this point. Not without a script dump and character count that way.

19. JoniCroni

JoniCroni New Member

Thanks for the info Floofy!

I find amazing those kind of "small" but big details, since it's normally nothing special or interested to look at, unless it's something like this.

Instead of the sales, Falcom should promote their Kiseki games with the amounts of text the Kiseki / Eiyu Densetsu series have!

20. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that might turn people (well, overseas at least) off and/or lead to misunderstandings because people unfamiliar with the language generally have no idea how much more information can be represented in a single character in Japanese as compared to, say, English. Fortunately, Floofy's comparative picture does a pretty good job of illustrating things for people who want to know.