Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

1. Depends on the boss. Ao has some of the best fights in the series and allows for some really cool strategies, Sen's are pretty easy with certain notable exceptions and are definitely more tank-y. I wouldn't discount The 3rd's bosses in the challenge department either, and not just in the 'it has how much HP?!' category. Chapter 3, I'm looking at you. :angry:

2. Yes, there are story reason for it. Basically, they're the ones assigned to the Crossbell Police's new division (each for their own reasons) and the story is all about their journey from glorified publicity stunt to heroes. The other playable characters aren't members of the team and have their own jobs so they aren't permanent. It's nice having the core cast available from the start and spending the entire game with them (Randy and Tio are a gift that keeps on giving) and all the other playable characters are still there, just as NPCs until it's time for them to join up and fight.

2. Reta

Reta New Member

How exactly do I claim my Moon Seal in 3rd? I started with SC clear data, and I got the sepith. I'm up to chapter 5 and haven't found it yet.

3. overthebarrier

overthebarrier New Member

If you mean the special accessory for a certain amount of BP:
    When you first arrive in Phantasma, you'll see a shining light on one of the "islands" in the sanctuary. Click on it to get your reward. You can only claim it once (it doesn't reappear on subsequent playthroughs.)

About the summaries, I don't have an ETA for you.

4. Reta

Reta New Member

I saw that; it's where I got the 200 sepith of each type. It's just that that's all I got. As I understand things, I should get either that and the seal or nothing.

5. overthebarrier

You should get both. What was your Bracer level in SC? And are you playing the PSP or PC ver?

6. Reta

Reta New Member

D, I believe. PSP versions.

Also, I know you said you have no ETA yet - but should I expect it before or after Ao Evo's release, most likely?

7. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

You need to be in the B- to B+ range to get the Moon Seal and you need to be A Rank (good ****ing luck) to get the Sun Seal.

8. overthebarrier

There's your problem. You need B rank for the Moon Seal, A rank for the Sun Seal.

9. Reta

Reta New Member

3rd
    So I need 20 recipes to open a door. I'm in chapter 6 (just beat Philip) and I only have 6 or 7. What am I missing? I can't find any place to buy them and I haven't been missing them in dungeons as far as I know.

10. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

You're sure you're eating all the consumable food items you pick up? Because you won't learn the recipe if the original item is just sitting in your inventory.

11. Reta

Reta New Member

I can't believe I forgot to do that. That was it, thanks! I have more questions now:

(Major 3rd spoilers)
    Could you briefly summarize Kevin and Rufina's pasts and all scenes from the Schwarzritter fight up to the beginning of the final chapter? That's the dialogue before and after said fight, the Aster House scenes, the scene under the Aster House, the plunge into hell, and the scene after returning to the Garden.

Also, do you happen to know what the battle system is like in Yume no Kiseki, before I jump through a bunch of hoops to download it? And do you know if it contains any new arrangements of the series' music?

Lastly, what are the names of the Sen versions of
    The Final Choice, Steel Roar, and I Swear?

12. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

This is more a suggestion/request than a question, but now that The Wheel of Time is complete someone should update the word count/length comparison between the two series. :p

13. VanKadix

VanKadix New Member

One thing I wondered for awhile now ever since "Ys vs Kiseki Alternative Saga" was what was the general consensus (or your opinion) on how powerful the Ys characters are compared to the Kiseki characters lore wise and how much of an internet backdraft did I cause for asking such a question?

14. overthebarrier

I'd say they're about equal? Ys vs Sora has a very lightweight plot so it's not like the characters were considering the relative effectiveness of orbment technology versus the Black Pearl. There are characters in there who should be DEAD and no one remarks on it :p It really doesn't get farther than admiring Adol's swordsmanship, etc. For instance I think guns should be unusual in the Ys setting, but Adol's only interaction with Olivier is to politely decline being serenaded. ^^; So no internet backdraft, I shouldn't think.

Personally I think Adol's voyages would be impressive on their own even in Zemuria, where you have reliable international transportation. If you mean in general terms... I think the rules of each world would be respected, so Adol should still win every fight and win the hearts of all the girls, but we know more about the Kiseki characters. Like it's easier for me to tell the limits on Joshua's skills than Geis', so if you say "Would Chester defeat Kevin" all I can say is "Probably not but I don't know."

(Although it is entertaining to think what Adol would do in a world with omnipresent passports and border controls. Probably join the Bracer Guild and then quit after causing an international incident.)

Then again I am not nearly as familiar with Ys as Floofy and Yotaka so maybe they will weigh in if they feel like it.

Reta: The songs from earlier games reused in Sen no Kiseki don't appear in the Sen OST, so I doubt the names have been changed. For your other question, I would suggest waiting for Floofy's summaries, since that's quite a big chunk of the game you're asking about.

15. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

I don't think it has any music and it's a social game so it's completely different from anything else. It's about as canonical as Ys Nexus, meaning not at all.

And yeah, when they reuse songs they don't change the names and they don't include them on the OST, otherwise SC's would have been a four disc affair.

As noted, Alt Saga is a very 'soft' game so there's no real basis for comparison and I don't think anyone has seriously tried. One thing that I though was kind of cool though, Geis got a moment of stunning perceptiveness in his story route that he was complemented on. (Ys VI and SC spoilers)
    Specifically, he realized just by looking at it that Loewe's sword was no ordinary weapon and that it reminded him of his brother's sword. I thought that was a really fun crossover reference.

And yeah, I don't have my books (or the game) handy so I could only give the roughest of outlines but floofy is certain to cover all those scenes so you might as well wait for her summary.

So what would happen if Adol and post-Alt Saga Lloyd were to meet? And who would 'win'?

My theory is that Adol would do one of two things. Either he would travel extensively in parts of Zemuria we don't know too much about (like the very nebulous 'East') or he would find an airship for hire and set out to see if there are continents beyond Zemuria. Maybe then he could run into the lands of the Gagharv and set off all sorts of new adventures thanks to Michel.

16. Karrion42

Karrion42 New Member

We're talking about Adol here, he needs a shipwreck and a fair maiden to wake him up to start a new adventure XD

A bit of a strange question:

Can anyone tell me the themes to the final dungeons of the 6 kisekis?
    I only know about The Mound of Hollow Light, A Light Illuminating the Depths and Mystic Core.

I put the ones I know in spoiler just in case they sound elsewhere as a reference.

17. overthebarrier

I don't know all the titles off the top of my head. But the last dungeon theme in Ao is actually
    Saihate no Juu, or The Farthest Tree, not Mystic Core.

Edited: i'm not sure about sen's last dungeon so i will remove my guess. ^^;

18. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

I can do those. There's a mild sort-of spoiler so tagged
    FC: Hollow Light of the Sealed Land
    SC: Central Tower <Axis Pillar>
    The 3rd: Castle of Illusions <Phantasmagoria>
    Zero: A Light Illuminating The Depths
    Ao: The Farthest Tree
    Sen: To Seize Tomorrow

19. Karrion42

Karrion42 New Member

Sen question:

What/Who is ARCUS? I thought it was only the title of a theme. And speaking of which, where does Tie a link of ARCUS sound?

20. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

No spoiler here, ARCUS is the name of.the new model of Tactical Orbment used in Sen. It's an acronym for 'All-Round Communication and Unison System'. Basically, it has the same communication feature as the Enigma models seen in Zero and Ao and a variant of the Master Quartz system of the Enigma II (a prototype based on the timeline) plus the Tactical Link system. There's talk about resonance between users (it becomes important to the story on occasion) but mostly it justifies the new gameplay mechanics. Tie a Link of ARCUS is the battle BGM for monster elimination quests and some minor story battles that don't get one of the other themes.