Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. orselg

orselg New Member

Rappi of course, even his "other-self" (seiyuu joke) is winning the valentine bout
    [​IMG]

2. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

It's Angelica, what do you expect? :D

Now, where's Towa while all that is going on?

I'm going to pass on the first two questions since floofy's summary of The 3rd will answer one and put the other in context.

3. (Zero/Ao spoilers)
    He's Mayor MacDowell's secretary and was Elie's tutor growing up. He winds up falling in with several bad crowds over the course of Zero and Ao due to despair over Crossbell's political situation and winds up working for the main antagonist of Zero, then tries to continue those ambitions at the beginning of Ao.

And yes, Earnest is Falcom's official romanization.

3. overthebarrier

overthebarrier New Member

Sora 3rd spoilers for questions 1 & 2:

The Dominions are the top-ranked agents of the Grals Ritter (Grail Knights), the Church's military arm. They have something called a stigma which allows them to use extremely powerful attacks without needing to use orbments. All the Dominions we've met have reached that rank after a close personal and intensely unpleasant reaction to an Artifact, but they've barely explained anything beyond that. Hoping for Sen to actually fill in some of these blanks.

Kevin's 'S-Mode' is his Stigma activation. Normally there's a limit on how much power he can actualize in the real world but under certain conditions...

Zero no Kiseki spoilers?

Earnest is the assistant of the mayor of Crossbell. He used to be Ellie's tutor and still has a high opinion of her. He gets himself into some trouble in Zero.

I don't really like spilling everything, so if you want more detail ask me and I'll go more in depth.

EDIT: oops, i should have refreshed before posting, sorry Yotaka.

4. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

3rd questions again:

Additional Info on this:

I suspect that "S-Mode" is actually the integration with the Merkabah. That scene in Ao seems to imply to me that there's technology in the ship that allows them use their stigma in line with the ship itself and it enhances its power- at great risk to the owner, of course.

More 3rd/Ao spoilers in response to this!
    I think those two also show another thing entirely- that Kevin's definitely grown in control and power since 3rd- probably due to his mental state after getting over his issues. I think the latter, however, is more of a callback to one of the incidents in his background, when he couldn't save the kid and had to kill him instead. I think it was probably very similar to what happened to Ernest.

My guess is that I think that he wouldn't be able to use the Stigma Cannon without Mode-S active, and it most certainly almost killed him to use it, too. So it's still definitely beyond the 'safe point' for him. We probably won't see this from him again for awhile.

5. Reta

Reta New Member

What exactly is Randy's weapon in Ao? It looks significantly different from his axe in Zero.

6. overthebarrier

Randy's weapon isn't an axe, it's a halberd with an orbal unit attached to it that delivers a shock to the opponent during a blow.

Ao spoilers

That's his rifle (believe it or not) Belzelgar. (I think it's meant to be a corruption of Berserker, but there's very clearly a g there.) He used it in his previous career as a mercenary. Due to shenanigans he only uses it in his 3rd S-Craft, which is named after it.

I'd have preferred a more rifle-like design but I think Falcom's artists got carried away. w

7. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

How much of SC does the OVA spoil exactly? I've watched it, but it felt pretty short to convey what takes up two umds. Also, I believe it is missing several characters, but I've only played a tiny bit of SC.
    up to where Estelle is training with Anelace, I think
    The most spoilerish thing from it that I can think would be
    that it introduced several members of the Legion

8. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

An additional detail on the name of Randy's weapon in Ao: It's the same as Agate's best sword in FC. It's probably an odd way to render Berserker in Japanese but it's also written the same as a line of mecha (Berserga) from VOTOMS. Falcom likes their mecha references so it's possible that was their intent.
    Well, the OVA completely skips over that part of the game and in fact skips straight to the end of Chapter 1. It's best to think of it as a string of scenes vaguely adapted from the game rather than a coherent story in and of itself. Anyhow, your guess is correct and the biggest spoilers come from that. I'm going to avoid specifics so it should be okay for anyone to read but just in case (really vague SC spoiler alert)
    It introduces all of the Legion members in SC but it pretty much cuts out everything important about them, with the exceptions of the two most popular. This includes completely eliminating a lot of buildup around most of the characters.
    Basically, the OVA was obviously written for people who have already beaten SC and The 3rd (in one brief instance) who were expected to already know the plot and characters.

9. Slyef

Slyef New Member

Thanks for Answering !

3rd/Ao Spoilers

Could someone translate the first line of Kevin's final S-Craft ? That's the same line in Wazy's S-craft right?

3rd/Sen Spoilers/Speculation

Roa/Loa Erebonius ? You mean like, THAT Roa?
    Are there any details on the spear demon itself?

10. overthebarrier

Just the first one (3rd and Ao spoilers):
    O blue symbol that shines in my depths, rise to heaven and become a pillar that illuminates purgatory! Fly, holy spear of the Sky!

Waji's is a little different:

O golden blue symbol that shines in my depths, become a great arm and gather in my right hand! Crush (all), Akashic Arm!

I'm guessing that the difference is due to their elemental affinities, but they've explained so little about Stigmas that I really don't know.

Also it's awkward because I'm translating literally on purpose here. (Well, shin'en is literally 'abyss' but i assume they mean 'subconscious' or 'innermost part of the soul' so I went with 'depths.' Also hashire would be run or charge or go forth or... i dunno) I'm sure XSEED will have found a better phrase for Kevin. Somebody has to actually read all that out loud, after all. "Azure flame within me, rise up and shine your light on the denizens of hell" maybe?

About your Sen question, we really don't know, we would like to hear the answer too. XD

EDIT: I will stop editing this post now. I like talking about translations ^^;

EDIT 2: Just because I enjoy Kevin's overdramatic eighth-grade syndrome chants so much, here's his second one:
    Let a thousand thorns pierce you with despair. Turn to dust and vanish in the darkness of oblivion*. Crush! Demon spear of time!

*Literally ignorance or avidya. It's a Buddhist term.

These kinds of speeches can't be translated literally because in English people just don't talk like that. Well, they don't in Japanese either, but even American fantasy fiction tries to avoid that kind of purple prose.

11. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

On the Sen question and this is pure speculation on my part
    I suspect that it's 'Loa' as in the Voodoo spirits, reflecting that the thing fought in Sen is only a shadow of the real Erebonius. If I'm right, there's no connection between the Artifact that Kevin absorbed and the monster. Probably.

At this point though, pretty much any discussion is speculative because we get no real information on Erebonius. We know what we fought was illusory and part of the test but not much more. Well, aside from the fact that it's a Gagharv Trilogy reference we've been waiting six games to see if they were going to make.

12. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

I do have an interesting observation from the Crossbell Archives, though regarding that...

There may be a method to the similarity to Kevin and Wazy's dialogue for those...

A footnote in the Crossbell Archives for the scene in the prologue when Kevin saves Ernest, it says that Kevin uses scripture to keep himself focused in that scene. I want to think that line comes up in his dialogue in that scene, too. (I'd have to check to be sure, though...) Maybe it's something that both Kevin and Wazy found inspiration from with what they've chosen to say for both instances.

Then that second one, while I know they don't mean the same in the two lines...

For some reason, I'd always think back to the 'die in obscurity!' line in FFTactics. (Which I actually love.)

13. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Ahh, FFT. The original translation may have had issues but it had some great lines. The new one may be technically superior (wish I could say that of the game's performance) but the pretentious Olde English nonsense got old quickly.

So, here's a question for the ages: Orlandu vs Cassius, which Master Swordsman and leader of armies comes out on top?

14. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Dramatic actions require dramatic words!

15. overthebarrier

Heaven's wish to destroy all minds. Holy Explosion! <- speaking of eighth-grade syndrome

Orlandu is fantastic, but going on the basis that luck is also a skill and that I'd rather be in Liberl than in Ivalice when trouble occurs, I vote Cassius.

16. Reta

Reta New Member

What's Kevin's line for Grail Sphere?

17. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

"Grail of the Stars which I hold in my right hand, let your shining light from heaven become a shield to protect us. Grail Sphere!"

18. Karrion42

Karrion42 New Member

Well, I enjoyed Delita looking more knightly and less... dunno, abrupt, as seen in this scene:

Original:

http://gyazo.com/dc1...fee53c6470d14f7

WotL:

http://gyazo.com/b8c...33733aa6d00994b

Now a question:

Cassius is a Swordsman? I thought Estelle inherited her staff skills from him D:

And a musical question too:

When does To be continued sound?

19. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the first one is better for getting the message across without needing purple prose. It's also a better reflection of how Delita talks during that scene in Japanese. He's not exactly talking like a knight there. :D Still, opinions are just those so if you like it better, that's fine.

And so she did. Cassius took up the staff after he joined the Bracers (we'll learn a bit more about this in The 3rd) but before that he used a sword. It's how he got the title Kensei (Master Swordsman), which XSEED localized as the cool-sounding Grand Chevalier. His fighting style is a recurring element in the series.

It's a rearrangement of Zero's ending theme and it plays in Ao in the dungeon at the end of Chapter 2. (mild Ao spoiler)
    When you pursue one of the terrorist groups who attacked Orchis Tower through the Geofront

20. Reta

Reta New Member

1) In Zero, Ao and Sen, are bosses generally less tanky and more challenging in different ways instead? That's one issue I have with the original trilogy.

2) Are Lloyd, Elie, Randy, and Tio the only permanent party members in Zero? I've heard this but it seems kind of odd.

3) This is directed at Overthebarrier and Floofy; how are the 3rd and Zero/Ao summaries coming? Not to seem too intrusive or anything.