Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. maxthornbow

maxthornbow New Member

Can I make a request?
    We should probably tag which game will be spoiled outside the spoiler tags.
    I'm alright with spoiling any game except Sen (which I haven't played yet) :)
    It would also really help for the future when Sen II is released.

2. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

That's actually a great idea now that I think about it. :D I'll keep that in mind in future posts.

3. Karrion42

Karrion42 New Member

Zero/Ao questions:

Who is Arios McLaine? I read what he was an S-Rank Bracer and a very good friend of Guy, Lloyd's brother, but he appears as a boss sometimes, so, is he a bad guy? ô_o Is he a distant relative of Ernst from Ys VI?

And who is Yin/Rixia? I thought she was a member of Orouboros but she doesn't appear in the list Yotaka made, so the question stands

4. overthebarrier

overthebarrier New Member

Zero Spoilers

Yin

Rixia is the latest inheritor of a long line of assassins from the Far East. They all take the same name. Yin herself is an independent operator who works for the crime syndicate Heiyue because she has a contract with them. She doesn't actually have any connections with Ouroboros, but she's fought Walter to a standstill before and is, as someone affiliated with Ouroboros says, the type of person they would like to recruit as an Enforcer.

Arios McLaine (Zero spoilers, minor Ao spoilers)

Arios used to be Guy's partner in the force and was part of a three-man team with Sergei. After Arios' wife was killed and his daughter blinded in a terrorist attack he quit the police to become a Bracer. He's not Ernst, but there's more going on there than you would expect of the local Superman figure.
    You fight him in Ao over what is essentially a political and philosophical disagreement. Also Arios' guilt complex.

5. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

To follow up on the question about Arios (Not even really a Zero spoiler to be honest)
    He's A-Rank, not S. However, the process that would see him become an S-Rank has started by the time Zero begins

6. Reta

Reta New Member

Is Outside Reason ever given a proper explanation? That name makes me uncomfortable... (and makes me think of Star Ocean)

As of the end of SC, should I know what Dominion is? I'm not sure I understand. Is it just another name for the Grals Ritter?

Also, a question for Floofy - will you be directly translating memory doors, like the site I linked to, and/or notable scenes, like what Overthebarrier's doing for Zero and Ao?

7. BlueEarth

BlueEarth New Member

lol Rean's wife had better watch herself.

8. omgfloofy

I think of it as something outside the known laws of physics or something. I don't have an exact name for it, but it's something that's outside the way the world works, as I perceive it.

That term never comes up in SC. And no, it's not.

A tiny bit more detail:
    All Dominion are Grals Ritter, but not all Grals Ritter are Dominion.

I'll probably summarize. I do not have the time at all to do direct translations of the memory doors myself. I barely have time to get this write up done (i've not even done my weekly update to my site this week. D:)

9. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

(SC and side material spoiler)
    We don't know exactly what it is but there's no reason to suspect a Star Ocean 3 twist. I actually was worried about something like that when Nayuta was first announced because of some promo art but it turns out my fears were unfounded. All we really can say for sure at this point is that 'Outside Reason' obeys different physical laws than the regular world. Really, we haven't gotten that much more explanation for it than the single mention in SC.

Actually, it does appear in the PSP version. (obvious SC spoiler is obvious)
    When Campanella talks to Kevin, the furigana is in place where it's absent in the PC version. It's also Kevin's best PC weapon, which I assume was meant to be a very subtle hint.

10. Reta

Reta New Member

I know that in 3rd you bring all 12 party members into the final dungeon in 3 groups - does each group take part in the final battle as well? Just curious. No specifics.

11. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Kind of. And it's (The 3rd, not much of a spoiler really)
    sixteen characters in four groups

12. nivorae

nivorae New Member

Maybe it can be compared to the mechanics of an other world, like the important plot point of the Gagharv Trilogy?

13. omgfloofy

Oh yeah. Herpaderp. I don't think I ever saw his best weapon, though.

However, there's no real explanation of it at all really. They use 3rd to really explain the meaning behind it.

14. YagamiKyo

YagamiKyo New Member

First post in the forum. Just finished Sen (now the wait will be awful) and I want to clarify some things about the series in general:

SC/3d
    I know Weissman was related to the Church: Do we know what was his occupation and why he was expelled?

I didn't really bother reading BlBlanc's Door first time I played 3rd: Any important thing about him or just him being himself? I mean, he is in every game doing his things.

Is Lucciola really dead or is she the woman on MW? Campanella does use her Shikigami on Ao (I hate them, by the way. So annoying)

I'd like to know the exact details we know about the Phantasmagoria incident, like what exactly it is and why the awesome powers of level 130+ characters disappear by the end of 3rd. Because when we see Kevin in Ao, he is just able to use his Stigma in a very limited way.

Zero/Ao

Do we know if KeA still has Azure powers post-Ao? And Aion alfa? I know Ouroboros took the Azure after everything, but she IS connected to it, so...

I wasn't able to do Wazy's backstory event. Anyone could give me information about his past, like how he awakened his Stigma?

Arios is supposed to be on Loewe's level (even though Arios does not have an awesome sword), but how strong are them if we take Ein, Arianrhod and Cassius in the equation?

Sen

Was it really a Dominion the one who teached Gaius? I mean, a traveling priest and the fact that he is on Class VII...

Ouroboros working with both Osbourne and the nobles is part of the Phantom Flame Plan, and somehow is giving crazy technology to people. Do we know section 5 from Reinfort Group indeed one of the Thirteen Workshops?

I probably have more questions, but I can't think of anything else right now (and this is a better place to ask than Twitter). Thanks in advance

15. omgfloofy

Welcome to the board! :D I can't answer all, but I'll try to answer some.

SC/3rd Spoiler:

Weismann was the. erm. Souheichou, I think is the term being used. I've never really come up with a translation for it, but it's one of the three leading positions in the church. Pretty much the step above the Dominion for the Grals Ritter.

Details on his time in the Church are very limited, but he was excommunicated, if I recall correctly, over research on the stigma. I think the most details you'll find on him are going to be things that are said by Kevin, and the Salt Paling Report- the majority of it was written by Weismann while he was in the church. The section on weaponizing it was written by Kevin.

(Someone field the second question? I'm being reminded that I need to look up that door again for my write up. xD)

Still SC/3rd

No, she's not dead.

Added info, thanks to Ao.

I don't remember if anything came up to outright prove that she was the fortune teller at Michelam Wonderland or not, but a LOT of evidence points her way.

I believe I read somewhere that the affects of Phantasmagoria increased the strength behind Kevin's power. Actually, I think Ries says that he can't use his power like he did there at the crash site and was lecturing him for forgetting that and being reckless. (oh, ries. xD) I'd have to look at the scene again to be sure. Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if there was the same effect on multiple people.

Zero/Ao

I think this came up in Crossbell Archives, but isn't really brought up in detail. One thing they added is that she's aging normally now. I don't recall if the game said one way or another.

Regarding Aion alpha, I can't recall specifically. I'll leave one of the others to answer that.

Wazy was born and raised in a remote village that worshipped a "god" that turned out to be an artifact. Wazy was kind of a miko of sorts because he could 'hear' it.

The artifact was then going out of control and causing people in the village to fall comatose and all. Ein and Abbas showed up to try to stop the artifact- and had told Wazy to break it. It tried to kill him, his stigma manifested, and he destroyed it.

He was then exiled for "killing" their "god." --even if he did it to save their lives. As a result, Wazy doesn't really look at it as his home anymore, since they were so willing to throw him away like that.

(Leaving the third Zero/Ao question to someone who has a better memory of that interview! lol)

I don't think it was said specifically. I think I've run across that as a theory in several places, but I don't recall anything outright said.

Aaaand, I'll leave the second Sen question to someone else. xD

Sorry to be so lazy with some of these questions!

16. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Asking the important questions here. Misshi versus Rappi? Who wins this fight?!

17. YagamiKyo

YagamiKyo New Member

Misshishi, of course. His evil plans are multiverse scale. AND he has his own theme park

18. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Here's a few more responses to those questions. Behold, the Wall of Spoiler Tags! Also, welcome.

SC/3rd
    (3rd/Sen spoiler potential)
    It's a report by the Imperial Chronicle (Erebonia's main newspaper) describing the history of 'Phantom Thief B' and analyzing several proposed individuals who could be the man behind the mask (names changed to protect the possibly innocent).

It talks about some of his impossible thefts (like stealing a prototype tank from an army base) and how he recently made away with a Noble lady whose whereabouts are still unknown. It's unable to conclude which (if any) of the three proposed individuals is the real B. Also, it talks about how he became a popular figure (giving the proceeds of his work to the poor) though the authors of the report disagree strongly with characterizing him as in any way chivalrous.

It ends in a typically Bleublancian fashion as he sent one of his cards to the Imperial Chronicle before the report was released (it was known to the public that they were working on it) reading "My 'truth' is found in my 'number'". That rather strongly suggests one of the proposals for B's identity ('Love Swindler X') was the correct one since Bleublanc is Legion No. X. That additionally suggests that Bleublanc was recruited by Ouroboros about a year after the Hundred Day War.
    I'll let floofy take it from there.

And speaking of whom:
    To add a little bit (again, The SC/3rd spoiler)
    Side material implies that Rufina was partially responsible for his excommunication and that it involved his wanting to study the Sept-Terion and the Stigma phenomenon, both of which the Church deems Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, Yea Not Even Us. Studying demons may or may not have been involved as well, it's kind of hard to say whether Astarte using the same Evil Eye power as Weissmann means anything or not.

Also, this is just my take on it but I'm fond of 'Ministry of Holy Secrets' for his former position. :D

(Definite The 3rd and Ao spoilers)
    Two words: Mode-S. Two further words: Stigma Cannon. And two more words: Saving Ernest.

Zero/Ao
    (Really big Ao spoiler)
    Crossbell Archive says she's lost all her powers after Ao.

Ouroboros still has the Aion Type-Alpha and now has two Sept-Terrion with which to potentially power it and any future Gordias machines.

(Whole series spoilers)
    Cassius is still considered stronger than Arios and Loewe because of his knowledge of tactics and the fact that nothing escapes his notice. Also, the interview that compared the three specifically pointed out Cassius' choice of weapons as a factor.

Of course, all three of them pale in comparison to the other two. Arianrhod beats everybody, no question. Loewe Monogatari makes it clear just how much better she is than Loewe even after he receives Kernviter. Wazy's comment about "Arianrhod is on a completely different level than we are but my commander might be able to match her" makes it pretty clear that Ein is a very strong candidate for second-place. Personally I suspect Arianrhod is still stronger but Ein is the First Dominion with everything that implies so if those two ever fight it will be one spectacular show.

Sen
    (Sen spoiler and general spoiler for The 3rd)
    Like floofy said, we don't know but Gaius has a lot of circumstantial evidence that suggests he may have a Stigma and his early education is part of it.

It hasn't been explicitly stated as far as I'm aware but it seems to be more or less implied that it is indeed the case.

19. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Hmm, on one hand Michey is cross-dimensional (just nod and smile) but on the other, Lappy is, well, Lappy. I say Lappy wins both hands down.

20. Karrion42

Karrion42 New Member

Zero/Ao Questions... i think...

What are those Dominion that keep appearing in those previous questions?

What is that S-Mode Kevin has?

Who is Earnest? I think I saw his name spelt like that in an official pic...