Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

George's commitment was initially genuine but after his memories were restored he realized that he'd liked being 'George Nome' a lot more than he liked being 'Copper Georg'. Which is why he gave the Courageous crew a fighting chance to survive the bomb he planted and ultimately turned on Alberich. As an aside, I'm still groaning at how obvious the 'G. Nome' pun was and how we generally overlooked it as being so blatant it couldn't be serious. Ha ha, Falcom.

As for the Gnomes as a whole... it's really hard to say because George and Franz are the only ones we know about. I mentioned that they haven't maintained a coherent society like the Hexen and that appears to have started some time after 371 since they were still a unified group up until the end of the Zoro-Agruga crisis. They're assumed to have been behind various historical incidents in Erebonian history past that point which contributed towards the end result of the Great Twilight but we don't get details on that.

Alberich certainly believes that restoring the Great One would be a good thing, likening it to how the Septian Church helped build a new Zemuria after the Great Collapse except that after the world war, the Gnomes and everyone allied with them would build a new order based on SCIENCE! rather than religion. This is why Alberich tried to recruit Irina and Schmidt to the cause. Alberich also seems to have been onboard with Ishmelga's belief that the strife brought on by war would spur progress and that would be a Good Thing. If you've watched Babylon 5, it's basically the philosophical stance of the Shadows.
    Not in a number of turns but there are battles where you'll get bonus AP for getting a boss to a certain threshold of HP. CS4 has a lot more fights like this and does include turn limits.

2. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Member

I can think of one off the top of my head, but it's in a sidequest. Took me quuuuuite a few tries, but I'm playing on Hard.

I'm curious; how similar is Vantage Master in CS3/4 to the actual game?

3. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

With the limitations imposed by a seven hex 'map' that you can maneuver within and each player having their own side, it's a pretty faithful adaptation of the mechanics of the original VM, with a lot of very similar systems and all the Masters, Natials and spells are straight out of the computer game.

For some of the things that are different, the original game has full maps using hexes and the Magic Stones are fixed in placed on the map instead of randomly appearing and they function as long as a Master or Natial is standing on that hex. In addition to restoring MP per turn (and there's a scale of how much a given stone will restore) there's also a defensive boost and HP restoration for the unit standing on the stone. The Uptide/Downtide spells work differently because they literally raise or lower the water level on a map and this affects a few things. There are multiple other terrain types with different properties and some units can't move through them or can only move through them. There's also height as a factor which the card game can't adapt.

So yeah, there's differences owing to the format but the card game still feels like a very faithful adaptation.

4. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

So what stopped Schmidt from joining Alberich?

5. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Member

Oh weird, I just assumed VM was a card game (in video game form)!

6. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Becoming convinced that Franz and Alberich were not the same person (up until this point he's claimed that they're one and the same and 'Franz Reinford' was always a lie) and being generally unimpressed with the demonstration of Alberich's final Zaubersoldat. He comments when looking at the wreckage that Franz would have done much better and tells Alberich he gets zero points.

Schmidt is a punchable ass who puts his research ahead of unimportant things like the safety of his test subjects or most ethical implications of what he does but even he thinks that kicking off the largest war in history is probably taking things too far. But he wanted to check out what Alberich had to offer first rather than reject it outright.

Incidentally, the whole 'Are Alberich and Franz one and the same?' thing was Irina's motivation for working with Alberich as well, and finding out that the answer was 'No' let her do some quick rules-lawyering.
    Fun bonus fact: By having an adaptation of Vantage Master in Kiseki they've come full circle. The original Windows release of VM had hidden Masters from other Falcom games like Adol, Dela and Mail that you could unlock. When they remade the game for PSP they replaced them with characters from Sky FC and SC. After having Kiseki charactesr in VM they've returned the favor by having VM itself in Kiseki. :D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  7. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

I'll add to what's been said about them: you're always told when extra AP is up for grabs and how to get it; it even gives you a marker on their health bar for damage thresholds.

Additionally, it seems if you fail the bonus condition, it lets you retry the fight or continue regardless. So you don't have to quit and force a reload to try again (and it's clear you missed it).

8. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Thanks guys. Good to know ring! That reduces the "sigh... bah!" Factor by like 80÷ for me

9. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Member

So what answer, if any, did Sen 4 provide as to why some of the Divine Knights were transluscent during their debuts in 3?

10. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Annoyingly, it didn't. It's possible we'll find out in the new project but we might have to wait until beyond that.
    If it was just the Divine Knights we might imagine it has to do with either the nature of those specific Awakeners or some stealth system they all share which Rean simply never learns about, but Aion Type-aII and the Hercules members have the same effect. That means there's three different factions involved here. The fact that the Hercules squad uses the same visual effect at least implies that if we don't find out in the next game, we'll get more information in the Calvard arc.

11. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Do we have any knowledge of if Falcom has any designs whatsoever of the world outside zemuria?

12. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Not unless you buy into the idea that the lands where the Gagharv Trilogy happens are somewhere out there waiting to be found... ;)

13. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Isn't there also a similar theory regarding Nayuta?

14. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I think it kinda needs addressing soon with how tech is advancing in-universe. I mean imagine if we never discovered other continents on earth AFTER long range flight was invented. Though its possible the other continents are in different technology eras if inhabited by humans (humanoids) at all.

15. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Yes, and Kondo trolled us so hard when Falcom released the map of Zemuria and he commented that the islands south of Calvard resemble the Scientia Sea... though the two actually being one and the same would result in some serious continuity questions being raised.
    Well... CS4 actually does address the question and I've been talking around the point deliberately. It would be safe to say that Falcom has plans for what's beyond Zemuria and I can explain more if you want, so long as you don't mind that it does involve endgame CS4 stuff.

16. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

No thanks. I literally was only asking if there were any designs at all, not their nature or depth. I figured it would be addressed but wasnt sure. Thanks.

17. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

How does difficulty work in CS III? I'm a bit baffled by the fact that you can change it in the settings at any point. If you were to change it for even a minute, would it invalidate a Nightmare run as far as the trophy is concerned? Or could you play on Very Easy the whole time and only change it to Nightmare at the end and get the trophy?

18. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

You can't change up to Nightmare.

Which I think is kinda daft still, as personally you'd better justify why difficulty can't be freely changed better than "we tied an achievement to it", not least because you can account for it (a check that it always stayed on that difficulty, or just like, not having one at all, it doesn't matter).

Kikki likes this.
  19. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I hate achievements. Blah.

20. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Question regarding the domestic fallout in Erebonia.
    What ended up happening with the Vanders with respect to their position as guardians of the imperial family? Do they remain stripped of that position? And do we even know why Osborne bothered to do that in the first place?