Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Millium was one of those characters that needed to grow on me. I really disliked her when she was first introduced, by the time I finished CS2 I thought she was kinda fun, then when I went back and replayed both games (and actually watched all of her bonding events) I came to love her a lot.

Altina, on the other hand, I find super bland - mainly I just feel like on top of not really having a personality her only purpose in CS2 was to tease more about Millium's backstory and
    the Thirteen Factories
    (also lolibait). But we'll see how that turns out with CS3 - hopefully having her as a major protagonist will give her a chance to develop as well as giving her more of an identity.

2. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I'm the same way. Trails is pretty good at making me become interested in nearly everyone (though there are a few characters I never got to like...all from Sky, for some reason...including at least three very popular ones) so I figure I'll like Altina sooner or later, but right now I'm indifferent. But I love Millium and her bouncy, discordant, slightly disjointed personality. ("Death tolls in the thousands!" I liked getting Millium to make disastrous dishes, lol.) I liked her right away but I grew to like her more all the time. I like the way she is with Jusis as well. I loved her original voice; I'm hoping the new one will grow on me, as I don't dislike it, but it's missing a lot of the original quirkiness, to my ears.

3. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I mean Millium is annoying to the cast more than me personally. The way her secret job thing is presented in-game is often in a way that's loud or silly or whatever. I don 't know if this is intentional on her part, kinda like 'obfuscating stupidity', or if she's genuinely a goof in that regard. I do find her interactions with Jusis to be fun =P.

4. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Isn't Altina also super-obvious about her 'top secret' job? She was in the demo, at least.

5. Val the Moofia Boss

Val the Moofia Boss New Member

Well I suppose that characters who are straight up honest with you about their agenda are endearing. Actually honest, no "lying by telling the truth" manipulation, etc. Tosh from Starcraft 2 is a specter knee deep in shady stuff, but he calls up Raynor and straight up tells him what he wants, and you can't help but feel for the guy.

6. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

I like the dynamic between Lechter and Kloe, but I wouldn't ship them myself personally. Then again, shipping stuff is so weird in any fandom as people will take anything to make it seem like two characters are meant for each other. This gets worse when you have harem aspects that don't go much into chemistry so any romance feels forced. I see Lechter and Kloe's relationship as good friends where Lechter was there to help her move forward at the start of her time at the academy. And for Kloe she just hunts him down for sport.

As for his motivations, there's probably more to it but I am a little iffy on the fact he is backing Osborne, but Claire and Millium are part of his faction as well and I still like both of them as well

7. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Question regarding gnomes vs witches.
    What is the actual degree of antagonism between the two factions? Do they actually loathe each other, or is it on a more individualistic basis, like Vita personally not liking them?

Cold_Steel_IV likes this.
  8. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

The fact that the original Roselia was murdered by the Gnomes means that there's very real antagonism there. The current Roselia who's a fusion of the Holy Beast and the familiar of the first Roselia hasn't forgotten this. It's slightly complicated by the fact that the Gnomes haven't maintained a coherent society like the Hexen Clan have but they're inherently antagonistic towards the Hexen because their goal is to cause the Great Twilight and repeat what the Hexen see as the mistake of 1200 years ago while the Hexen want to prevent that from happening.

Cold_Steel_IV likes this.
  9. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Based on previous remarks while Vita would know about the end of all things that was being threatened due to her position in Ouroboros, the rest of the clan is not aware of the upcoming calamity, correct? And by the end of CS4, arguably how many people/factions are now aware of it?

10. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

So far as we know, she hasn't told anyone else so the only people who do know about the 'Nothingness of All' are some of the members of Ouroboros. That said, it's hard to believe that Vita wouldn't tell Roselia about it but we don't know that she knows. On that same front is wouldn't surprise me if all the Holy Beasts know way more about what's going on but they can't tell anyone because of their contract with Aidios. The Church may or may not know about it (if anyone does, it would certainly be Ein) but we have no indication one way or the other and given how they kept the existence of the Outside and the barrier secret from the populace to prevent panic, they definitely wouldn't be telling people 'Oh by the way, something Very Bad is going to happen in three years, sweet dreams!'. The upcoming project is going to involve a Dominion who's actually been very open with us about things so we might get some hints as to how much (if anything) the Church knows.

11. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Does that mean Rean and co (ignoring Gaius) have no idea and only understood Osborne's plans to the extent that it involved to getting rid of Ishmelga? And for that matter, did Osborne himself know about the nothingness of all?

12. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

OOH. Totally random question where I bet the answer is no.. but uhh. in CS3 and/or4, do we get any further details on a certain event on sky 3rd that comes across as a bad acid trip?

13. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

So far as we know, that's correct; none of them are aware of it.
    Osborne was using the Black Records to help plan his approach and those only go up to the beginning of the Great Twilight before causality started having fits. If he did somehow know about it, one expects he would have mentioned it to Rean before finally passing on.

Moon Door 5? :D Well, those Happiness Stones have appeared in every arc so far but no, they and the really trippy bit of that Door have not been explained. omgfloofy actually asked Kondo about it at AX this year and got a 'Wow, your memory is good' response. He went on to continue a line of thought about how there are mysteries in The 3rd that relate to the entire continent of Zemuria and we won't have complete answers until we've seen the whole thing. So... it's probably not just someone at Falcom thinking that they can make us all wonder if we're on drugs while playing but it's not something they can answer just yet.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  14. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I figured. Good to know Kondo himself remembers that door at least though =P.

15. LrdDimwit

LrdDimwit Member

So I have a few questions that have been floating around for awhile. No Crossbell / CS3/4 spoilers please.

There appears to be a typo / missing word / something in Black Record 1: "... Their power spent, the empty shells of the two celestial titans were flung into the furthest reaches of the dark land. All that remained were terrible their kin..."

"All that remained were terrible their kin"? I'm ... not quite sure how all the words in that sentence are supposed to link up.

1. Schera's fortune telling in the prologue. Exactly how much foreshadowing is there?

2. What the heck was Olivier thinking? Did he plan to get thrown in jail? How could he have known that was where he'd need to be? If he didn't plan on getting thrown in jail, how did he plan to deal with the cost of that champagne?

3. Was 'Prof. Alba' really alone in Amberl tower? Is the game lying to you when it says you 'can't quite make out' anything he says? Did he actually doctor all your memories there?

4. Why did Alba sell the MIB's out in Zeiss? The coup was inevitably going to collapse anyway. I mean, if Richard comes out of the Sealed Area, the Ring Shining on his finger, screaming YE SHALL BE AS GODS, well, it doesn't matter what happens after that, he wins. But Alba knows that's never going to happen.

5. For that matter, why bother with Richard at all? Why bother screwing around with all this elaborate scheming to deal with Cassius Bright's ability to roundhouse kick Richard's entire coup forces into orbit (Cassius Bright Fact #42)? Isn't it simpler to dispense with this part of the plan altogether?
    5a. Why not give Queen Alicia a personality makeover (which we've seen him do before) and co-operate to give access to the sealed area ... then make everyone forget any such thing had ever happened?
    5b. Alternatively, why not just have Bleublanc take care of their business in the Sealed Area? He ought to be able to waltz right in and out without anyone in the castle even noticing, and it's not like anything in the Area poses any real threat to him.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  16. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

I imagine it's meant to be "their terrible kin", at least in terms of words being the wrong way around making the sentence work.
    1). Yes. (If you know your tarot readings it's pretty generally on-point).

LrdDimwit likes this.
  17. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

So this is more of a Falcom question than a Kiseki one, but seeing as there is no general forum for Falcom, and this is the big question thread, here's the best place I guess.

Anyway I was just listening to some kiseki music, and in the credits section it mentiond Demetori, and in the comments section people are like whoah Demetori is finally getting credit for jdk music, and I'm like. wut? I didn't know there is any relation whatsoever, which is weird because I love JDK music, and I love Touhou metal remix music, and Demetori makes Touhou metal remixes... What exactly is the relationship? Is demetori the band or just a guy in it, do they write the music or are they just a musian? Are they a perma member of jdk or just a contractor on occasion?

18. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

To add a bit to what Ringwraith already said here:
    It's more that they're missing a comma after 'terrible'. The original Japanese text describes the scarred land left behind, along with the followers of the gods as a separate idea. There's not a direct link between the 'terrible' and the 'kin'.
    1. Yeah, her readings (and Emma's when she does them) line up well with how the cards are typically interpreted. See also: The Enforcers and the tarot symbolism of their numbers. Falcom seems to be quite aware of how the cards get interpreted beyond surface impressions. Loewe for example is associated with The High Priestess rather than The Emperor because the former fits him while the latter does not.

2. Olivier just does stuff like this from time to time and seems utterly convinced that he'll be able to work his way through it, and he's pretty much right in his belief. Mueller mentions an incident where Olivier walked into a jaeger camp for reasons never explained without any kind of disguise and got away with it.

Plus, if all else fails Olivier actually can afford to pay.

3. He was primarily checking on the mechanisms in the Tower in preparation for what would eventually happen in SC. That said, Loewe is known to have been in the vicinity so Weissmann was probably discussing plans with him and then made up the 'talking to myself' bit. I can't check right now but it's possible that Loewe Monogatari could prove that.

4. I get that reference! xD

But actually, it very much does matter that Richard not ultimately get Aurelole (which Weissmann knew wasn't there anyways) but it was also extremely useful to Weissmann's plans that someone else do the dirty work. That means he doesn't need to worry about the details; Richard will do all that for him after which point he's no longer needed.

5. Getting Bleublanc to do anything he doesn't want to do is like carrying water with a fork. Bleublanc's aim in helping with the Gospel Plan required Liberl to have some idea just how screwed it was going to be.

As for getting the queen to cooperate, one thing to remember about Weissmann's powers is that it's not a simple on/off thing. In order to manipulate someone without anyone being suspicious, it requires time and some measure of receptiveness on the part of the person he's trying to control. When they're suspicious or resisting, you get the situation with Team Kurt in SC where they're clearly not acting like themselves and anyone can see that. It would be rather hard for Weissmann to contrive a situation where he could get access to Alicia alone and without her being on her guard.

CS3/4 actually do indirectly discuss this some more.

Demetori is a group composed of two brothers and one of them (Masaru Teramae) is also a guitarist for Falcom JDK Band. It's not so much that Demetori does Falcom music and deserves credit for it as there is overlap between the two. IIRC the first Falcom music he was involved with was Ys Origin.

LrdDimwit likes this.
  19. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

More questions about the gnomes
    How invested were the gnomes as a group to the revival of Ishmelga and the union of all the fragments of power? Did they actually believe doing so was a good idea and etc? Similarly, how invested was George personally in the venture? Or was he always working with Osborne to derail the whole thing?

20. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Does CS 3 have fights like CS 2 where you are rewarded (bp or otherwise) for beating (or getting to a certain health รท) certain bosses in a certain number of turns?