Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

But but, you're supposed to think there are no coincidences or needless details =P

2. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Regarding the Glorious, do we get a comparison with Pantagruel in terms of power?

3. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Well, according to Kondo himself (thanks to floofy asking him) a seeming too-cute-to-be-a-coincidence song title in The 3rd actually was a coincidence, so there's one example where there really is a coincidence in Kiseki. :p

Not that it's going to stop me of course... xD
    Yeah, it's made abundantly clear that the Glorious is considerably more powerful than the Pantagruel.
    That said, the Pantagruel and its sister class the Gargantua are the closest thing to the Glorious out there, even if the latter is 30 meters bigger and more advanced all around. A suicidal ramming attack from the Pantagruel in order to cripple the Glorious is seen as a very fair tradeoff by Musse and Aurelia since it would hurt Ouroboros more than losing the Pantagruel would hurt Mille Mirage, though circumstances stop them from going through with it.

4. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Physics being what it is, the notion that ramming the Pantagruel into the Glorious would only "cripple" it instead of taking it down outright either implies something very special about the Glorious, or someone's playing fast and loose with power levels again.

5. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Power levels are always played fast and loose, one of the reasons why I find it a useless topic for discussion for me personally. But everyone else eats that @%#% up so meh.

6. Velorien

Velorien New Member

What's up with Time arts? Space arts generally involve blasting people with energy. Mirage arts have a medieval/alchemy vibe to them, summoning castles and drawing magic circles and such. But Time... Time summons demons and opens hellgates. Given increasing evidence that demons/devils/fiends are real physical entities, and Gehenna, or something like it, is an actual place, do we have any information on on how Time fits into the greater Trails cosmology?

7. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Two points, one of which touches on some mechanics stuff from Ao and CS4 but they're not huge spoilers.

Firstly, Time's spell associations can be seen as including the broad concept of entropy and from that, decay and death. That gets you to stuff like Shadow Spear, Death Spiral and Grim Butterfly. Other ones like Soul Blur and Calamity Edge are described as creating waves that disrupt spacetime in the region of the target. One of the ones you mentioned (Hell Gate) has as its description 'Causes all biological processes to stagnate' which is implicitly an entropy thing rather than strictly a 'opens a hellgate' thing.

While the elements all have obvious associations based on their names, they also have some associations that aren't nearly so obvious. While we've seen that Aureole's association with Space is pretty obviously paralleled by its displayed powers, Demiourgos is associated with Mirage but its power is essentially over causality rather than illusions/mental phenomenon and Arche Rouge and Lost Seum are respectively the Sept-Terrion of Fire and Earth but their primary powers are control over the soul and over the body respectively. I imagine that the Sept-Terrion of Time is going to be more like Aureole in having an obvious link between its element and displayed powers, but we won't know for sure until whatever game introduces it. My money's on it being the last one of the seven that we see.
    Now all that said, there are a couple things we do know for certain: It's one of the 'higher' elements and only affects the world in specific areas that are abnormal (like all of Phantasma) or when a lot of crazy stuff is going down. It's consequently treated as one of the elements associated Aidios' domain which means it's probably worth keeping an eye on in the long term.

8. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

New Trails From Zero Review is up

9. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

A question about our favorite grandmaster.
    No, not Ouroboros', I'm asking about Ein. In a previous post, assuming I'm not remembering wrong, it was mentioned that Ein has some degree of prescience. Do we have a firm understanding of how far that prescience stretches?

10. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

No, we don't.

11. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Grr, stop tempting me to play the game before the people working at it are done, it's torture waiting already ok?
    https://geofront.esterior.net/2019/09/21/trails-from-zero-100/

OMFG WHY DIDNT SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD SAYING SUCH ZOMZGOZMGZ.
    Grats team! thank you very much! (even if it sucks, don't think it will though, but I appreciate the effort regardless).

EEEEEK *starts charging my psp that hasn't been touched in a year or so*

edit: invitation testing phase...

ohh yeah.. *slumps shoulders*. blahh.. I mean I'm not upset at the speed, just.. err.. you know. Still though! great work guys! eeek!

AnimeGamer183 likes this.
  12. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

The wait for Zero is killing me so much. Yeah I'm excited for CS III and I'll be playing whichever one becomes available first, but going through Sky 3rd again with a friend, I'm more excited for Zero because there is so much more emotion and movement in that old sprite style compared to what we get in the CS games.

Also, since TGS passed by us now, wasn't there supposed to some more stuff about the next Kiseki game talked about then? I thought during the anniversary stuff they mentioned more would be revealed there. Or was it during a different event they were planning on making the announcement?

13. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

They didn't provide a timeframe for the next update. The odds are very good that the next big reveal won't be until their annual shareholders meeting in December since that's usually when we get teasing about new projects or big bombshells on ones we already know of.

14. avensis

avensis New Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  15. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Actually meant to ask this as part of my Pantagruel question, but do we have any comparisons with the Gargantua-class?

16. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Not in terms of hard stats and if they're compared more directly in-universe I don't recall off the top of my head other than the fact that both classes are described as being 250 arge in length. We could make some guesses based on visible armaments since there's enough action sequences to get an idea what each class carries but not in terms of much beyond that. The Gargantua-class is mass-produced while the Pantagruel isn't, which at least says something for perceptions of value. The Pantagruel also gives a fair amount of internal space to fancy quarters that were intended for the Noble Alliance leadership and their guests to enjoy, while the Gargantua so far as we can tell is built purely as a warship.

If Falcom produces a sourcebook for the Cold Steel games a la Crossbell Archive (perhaps split into two volumes) we might get more technical details. Crossbell Archive gave us lots of info on the Gordias-class machines and Sept Archive gave us similar info on the Divine Knights and Soldats seen up through CS2; Given the number of airship types seen in the back half of Cold Steel I wouldn't be surprised if an Erebonia-centric sourcebook gave them the tech spec treatment.

17. Velorien

Velorien New Member

We're told repeatedly that Osbourne annexed a number of smaller states, but, apart from Jurai, do we have any information on this? Looking at a map of Erebonia, I can't see anything that could up until recently have been an independent state. The population centres are all either too small (like Alster) or too close to the imperial heartlands to have been recent conquests.

18. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

That's why they're small.
    Not to mention the maps are usually only drawn insofar to have relevant information on them.
    Hence why we didn't even know North Ambria was meant to be Northumbria until quite recently.

19. Velorien

Velorien New Member

I guess. I just looked at the map, and there are no population centres that could plausibly qualify as former capitals.

Interestingly, an Erebonian embassy official in SC says that Erebonia conquered "the independent state" using railroad-based shock tactics. I can't think of anywhere near railroad where that would have happened.

20. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

The main thing about railways is they can move a lot of stuff, including military materiel and supplies, way quicker than other means, so you can suddenly close a distance even if you have to cover the last bit without trains.
    Also sticking whacking great big guns on trains to act as fire support, you can do that too.